Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1115270 times)

Louist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #9255 on: February 28, 2011, 02:49:31 pm »

It is in a stockpile, I'll see if removing it will help.

Removing the stockpile didn't help.

All my hunters are in my marksdorf squad, but I've now removed all ammunition from the hunters, and increased the ammunition to the squad. They're also set to use bolts of all materials and quality in combat and training... We'll see what happens now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:58:46 pm by Louist »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: February 28, 2011, 02:54:23 pm »

nah just use casts. they seem to help with infections better.
Don't casts need water?
not that I know, though maybe. in that case he's still screwed.

that will probably help
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Louist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: February 28, 2011, 03:10:01 pm »

Hmm, Marksdorfs still not training. I'm lucky to see half of them doing archery practice at a time. It's not just the same ones, either. They seem to switch it up.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #9258 on: February 28, 2011, 03:10:53 pm »

nah just use casts. they seem to help with infections better.
Don't casts need water?
not that I know, though maybe. in that case he's still screwed.
Plaster casts require a bucket with water in it in order to be made.  If you have a water source, your bone doctor will take a bucket and attempt to fill it, although AFAIK this part is still bugged.  You can make casts if you have buckets sitting around with water in them as a result of canceling filling a pond or something.  If you don't have water, you can't make casts.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: February 28, 2011, 03:28:16 pm »

Hmm, Marksdorfs still not training. I'm lucky to see half of them doing archery practice at a time. It's not just the same ones, either. They seem to switch it up.
try not assigning them a barracks, only a range.
also: for marksdwarves use station orders, not kill orders.

@Sphalerite: may have been bugged in .18 as I remember casts without having water on map. strange.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #9260 on: February 28, 2011, 04:01:07 pm »

All my hunters are in my marksdorf squad, but I've now removed all ammunition from the hunters, and increased the ammunition to the squad. They're also set to use bolts of all materials and quality in combat and training... We'll see what happens now.

Never put hunters/miners/woodcutters in your militia, they have a hidden uniform of their own that conflicts with the militia uniform. You might want to try disabling their hunter profession and reassigning the militia uniform.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Louist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: February 28, 2011, 04:43:29 pm »

Never put hunters/miners/woodcutters in your militia, they have a hidden uniform of their own that conflicts with the militia uniform. You might want to try disabling their hunter profession and reassigning the militia uniform.

Alright. I just tried both removing the barracks and reassigning uniforms. Besides an initial flurry activity where all the marksdorfs seemed to rearrange their uniforms, everything is still the same.

Very odd! My melee dorfs haven't been having this issue at all.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #9262 on: February 28, 2011, 04:52:37 pm »

Marksdwarfs shouldn't be assigned to barracks, assign them to an archery rain and have them train there. Honestly though, I've only gotten dwarfs to fire off a few bolts a year, it's much easier to trap an animal and have them train on that. Just send them out to shoot some cavies or marmots.

Diverso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: February 28, 2011, 05:04:42 pm »

Can anybody tell me is there a way to train on caged animals (gobbos, hippies)? I tried linking 2 goblin cages to a lever and releasing them in from of my 10 marksdorfs, ended up with 7 of 10 dead dorfs :/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:08:14 pm by Diverso »
Only in DF do you get discussions of how to genocide babies and children because they take up resources, slaughter merpeople for their bones, eat raw kitten meat, and set carefree, happy elves on fire.

Is someone keeping track of all these?

Zeranamu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: February 28, 2011, 05:23:36 pm »

Possibly a bug (I haven't looked), but I've got two dorfs in my fortress that, when I assign a bedroom to one of them, it assigns it to both of them. Is there any explanation for this? The only thing I can think of is that I had made one of them a squad leader before assigning them a bed, and turned on the option so he could use his room if he wanted to. Does that have anything to do with it?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: February 28, 2011, 05:29:17 pm »

Can anybody tell me is there a way to train on caged animals (gobbos, hippies)? I tried linking 2 goblin cages to a lever and releasing them in from of my 10 marksdorfs, ended up with 7 of 10 dead dorfs :/
After you build the cage, [d]->[ b ]->[d] the cage tile to dump their equipment out.

Possibly a bug (I haven't looked), but I've got two dorfs in my fortress that, when I assign a bedroom to one of them, it assigns it to both of them. Is there any explanation for this? The only thing I can think of is that I had made one of them a squad leader before assigning them a bed, and turned on the option so he could use his room if he wanted to. Does that have anything to do with it?
Are the dwarves married? Married couples share a room.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #9266 on: February 28, 2011, 05:31:26 pm »

Go to the stocks screen and forbid all weapons and shields that are held by goblins (Everything that wasn't made by you). This will leave their armor which makes them last longer. Or you {d} {b} {d} over the cages and then {k} {d} to undump them in they're in a stockpile or {t} {d} if the cages are built. This makes them naked though.

The dwarfs that are sharing a bed are a couple. I usually put two beds in the room in case they argue.

Ninja'd X.X

Zeranamu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: February 28, 2011, 05:40:08 pm »

Are the dwarves married? Married couples share a room.
[/quote]

Haha. I didn't even check.. if they are, do I need two beds or will they share?

Edit: Nevermind!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: February 28, 2011, 06:11:04 pm »

Will moody dwarves make tools? If not, are there any other moddable categories of item that they won't make?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: February 28, 2011, 06:18:33 pm »

Will moody dwarves make tools? If not, are there any other moddable categories of item that they won't make?
I've seen artifact picks on here, not sure if anything else is moodable.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1178