Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1114914 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #9105 on: February 25, 2011, 09:54:57 am »

Tasked or owned are not counted?
And using armor counts as owned, right?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:57:01 am by Kogut »
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: February 25, 2011, 09:58:53 am »

Tasked counts as available, owned does not as far as I'm aware.

Not sure about armor.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: February 25, 2011, 01:42:32 pm »

Is there a step I am missing in the medical department? I have a chief medical dwarf with diagnostician and a hospital with beds and a load of all the needed stuff except crutches. I also have several dwarves with 5+ in various medical skills.  But despite many injuries over several forts, I have yet to see a single person even diagnose a patient, let alone do anything. They just sit there in bed. Am I missing something?
Memento Mori

paulcall

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: February 25, 2011, 01:46:00 pm »

Well, I think you need tables adjacent to the beds so they can do surgery on them? Although, I don't have a lot of dwarfs get wounded that much so don't rely on me.

I also have a question for adventurer mode, how do you equip your companions your own way? Like, I want to equip this helmet on one of my companions, how would I do it?

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: February 25, 2011, 01:48:34 pm »

Is there a step I am missing in the medical department? I have a chief medical dwarf with diagnostician and a hospital with beds and a load of all the needed stuff except crutches. I also have several dwarves with 5+ in various medical skills.  But despite many injuries over several forts, I have yet to see a single person even diagnose a patient, let alone do anything. They just sit there in bed. Am I missing something?

What does the health screen show for the wounded patients?

Diverso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: February 25, 2011, 02:18:25 pm »

What's the best material for crossbows? (inb4 adamantine) Steel?
And for bolts?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:19:56 pm by Diverso »
Only in DF do you get discussions of how to genocide babies and children because they take up resources, slaughter merpeople for their bones, eat raw kitten meat, and set carefree, happy elves on fire.

Is someone keeping track of all these?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: February 25, 2011, 02:24:26 pm »

Crossbow material is pretty meaningless. It only matters when dwarves hit people with them.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: February 25, 2011, 03:01:50 pm »

I've forgotten to actually assign them the medical labors... especially the chief medical dwarf. Make sure he has diagnosing on.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Diverso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: February 25, 2011, 03:10:08 pm »

What about bolt's material? And if i will make glass floor 1z level high of my barracs, will it stop cave adaptation?
Only in DF do you get discussions of how to genocide babies and children because they take up resources, slaughter merpeople for their bones, eat raw kitten meat, and set carefree, happy elves on fire.

Is someone keeping track of all these?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: February 25, 2011, 04:10:50 pm »

Diagnosing patient seems to be an extremely low priority job.  Or maybe my docs all lack empathy.  Make sure your doc isn't busy doing other things.  Also make sure the patients are actually resting.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: February 25, 2011, 04:54:34 pm »

Can I fish underground, more importantly.. can you fish one Z level above water? (open space)
I basically read this as "how i mine 4 fish" before realizing what was being asked.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: February 25, 2011, 08:53:34 pm »

Restricted includes items that are used to build buildings, and maybe forbidden items.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: February 25, 2011, 09:57:31 pm »

If you turn caverns off (set them to zero basically) do you still get a magma sea and/or HFS?

I generally don't use caverns for anything and in some ways (depending on the biome) they can make the came radically easier (often lots of good minerals in the walls, web everywhere (though at a price sometimes..), free water usually, etc), that said the main reason is I want to try to maximize FPS and I have been told caverns can lower it, particularly I'd imagine if there are a bunch of crundles in it.

But I digress, I'd rather not lose magma from doing this, so figured I'd ask.

-MB

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: February 25, 2011, 10:02:15 pm »

Magma sea is a different setting. Putting caverns to 0 shouldn't affect it.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: February 25, 2011, 10:05:29 pm »

Also, be aware that turning off all three caverns will also turn off all underground plants. You will never get seeds, so you will never be able to farm underground.
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 1178