Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1115472 times)

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #8940 on: February 20, 2011, 12:34:45 pm »

What do artifact-makin' dwarves mean by "rock bars", again? One of my dwarves went fey and started shouting for some, along with body parts (which I presume to mean "bones", which I have, along with some horns, although nobody seems to be taking any to him).
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: February 20, 2011, 12:42:03 pm »

that's a bug - theyre metal bars
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: February 20, 2011, 12:58:14 pm »

df 18, it doesnt stop raining, ive tried turning off the weather but it keeps raining :(

a small part of the land freezes over in the winter and when it thaws it creates an ever increasing flood that does not go away due to the rain

what do?

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #8943 on: February 20, 2011, 01:03:24 pm »

What do artifact-makin' dwarves mean by "rock bars", again? One of my dwarves went fey and started shouting for some, along with body parts (which I presume to mean "bones", which I have, along with some horns, although nobody seems to be taking any to him).

Rock bars means metal bars apparently, and body parts can mean either bones or shells.

df 18, it doesnt stop raining, ive tried turning off the weather but it keeps raining :(

a small part of the land freezes over in the winter and when it thaws it creates an ever increasing flood that does not go away due to the rain

what do?
Turn the weather back on and wait for it to stop raining, every once in a while I've managed to glitch the game into raining forever by turning the weather off.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: February 20, 2011, 01:18:17 pm »

Does anyone know how many bees (BEEEEEES!) need to be in a hive before they're ready to split yet?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: February 20, 2011, 01:24:37 pm »

Does anyone know how many bees (BEEEEEES!) need to be in a hive before they're ready to split yet?
It's a matter of time, not a matter of bees. Gearing up for splitting, though, takes about a season, although I wasn't paying much attention to my bee hive before it became available. The number of bees in the hive, though, has remained constant throughout.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: February 20, 2011, 01:42:30 pm »

Guess I'll build a few hives in advance.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: February 20, 2011, 03:06:25 pm »

Will my dwarves USE those bloody large earthenware pots for anything? They're all glazed up and ready to go, but just sitting in the kiln.

ricree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: February 20, 2011, 04:05:49 pm »

Will my dwarves USE those bloody large earthenware pots for anything? They're all glazed up and ready to go, but just sitting in the kiln.

From what I hear, they're bugged at the moment.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: February 20, 2011, 05:24:35 pm »

Stoneware pots made from fire clay seem to work just fine though.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

ricree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: February 20, 2011, 06:30:27 pm »

Any suggestions for dealing with a human siege?

I've got a big cluster of them sitting at the edge of the map, but I'd rather not commit my army to fighting them in open terrain.

My current thought is to draft an expendable dwarf and send it over to get slaughtered hoping that it dislodges them.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: February 20, 2011, 06:41:55 pm »

Catapults and ballistae. Or build a stairway to the highest level of your map, build a bunch of floor tiles over them, and drop them on their heads.

ricree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: February 20, 2011, 07:06:38 pm »

Tried the sacrifice idea, but it didn't accomplish anything except getting a dwarf killed.

I wound up just massing my army and charging them into the siege.  It cost me one dwarf that took an unlucky crossbow bolt through the head, but my army was otherwise mostly unscathed.

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: February 20, 2011, 07:36:44 pm »

Haven't played in a while. Are there still unkillable beasts, or will all creatures/demons eventually die from enough axe hits?  If they're still unkillable, are there any ways of dealing with them besides cave-ins/walling them off/magma?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: February 20, 2011, 08:24:37 pm »

There are no longer "invincible" forgotten beasts, though some are still pretty tough.
Anything that's made of weird stuff (water, steam, diamonds) will usually crumble when hit.
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1178