Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1115445 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #6060 on: December 15, 2010, 03:52:46 pm »

What are the "Squad EQ" and "Individual EQ" options for under the barracks men?

eq is quipment I think
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: December 15, 2010, 05:33:01 pm »

Why wont my broker go to the trade depot?  He just hauling items ther but hes not actually staying there to trade >.<
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: December 15, 2010, 05:34:56 pm »

eq is quipment I think

are you sure?  that doesnt seem to make sense...why is that an option you can "turn on" using the barracks screen?...im confused
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #6063 on: December 15, 2010, 06:04:21 pm »

Why wont my broker go to the trade depot?  He just hauling items ther but hes not actually staying there to trade >.<
Trading is low-priority.  To force him to trade, first make sure you've set for a trader to be requested at the depot.  Then create a burrow that covers just the burrow and assign your trader to it.  Remember to unassign him from the burrow when trading is done.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: December 15, 2010, 06:49:44 pm »

Trading is low-priority.  To force him to trade, first make sure you've set for a trader to be requested at the depot.  Then create a burrow that covers just the burrow and assign your trader to it.  Remember to unassign him from the burrow when trading is done.

Actually, I would recommend temporarily removing the broker's other labors.  This is efficient if you use Dwarf Therapist.

However, the burrow idea has one advantage, if I recall correctly: even people with no hauling labors turned on will still carry goods to the depot.  (Correct me if I'm wrong.)  But even so, there's not much of a problem with that: personally, I like it when goods are brought to the depot before my broker tries to trade them.

--Rexfelum

Ery_Kray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: December 15, 2010, 06:54:12 pm »

Hi people,

Can anybody say me how to release a creature from the cage i"ve bought. I found that i can melt the cage and thus the creature becomes free but i do not like this way because the cage is destroyed obviously.
Playing 0.31.18 version. Sorry, if it was asked before - there are too any pages written.

Jorshamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: December 15, 2010, 06:56:24 pm »

Build the cage with b, j, then unassign the creature from the cage.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: December 15, 2010, 07:08:57 pm »

eq is quipment I think

are you sure?  that doesnt seem to make sense...why is that an option you can "turn on" using the barracks screen?...im confused

well in theory this is for dwarfs to store their military equipment in if you enable it for their squad and have them set to inactive: civ. clothes instead of inactive: uniformed. So instead of bringing their equip to the armor and weapon stockpile when turning into civilians, they store it in the barracks in the weapon and armor racks to be able to deploy quicker another time. Well that's the theory. In game it doesn't seem to work yet, and haulers will take the equip to the stockpile anyway or the soldiers wont use the armor stands and weapon racks. The individual equip is for the dwarfs civilian clothes, to make him leave them in the barracks instead of carrying them to his room.
Imho just set the dwarfs to wear armor all the time and replace their normal clothing with it.
Doesn't work well with dwarfs that use tools tho  :-\

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: December 15, 2010, 07:11:48 pm »

How do i trade away artifacts?  all their good for is getting stolen and i wanna give the traders a massive profit to get the immigrant waves flowing again.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #6069 on: December 15, 2010, 07:13:12 pm »

Artifacts cannot be traded.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Ery_Kray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: December 15, 2010, 07:20:06 pm »

Build the cage with b, j, then unassign the creature from the cage.
Thanks, but it says that someone "cancels release Small animal: Need empty trap". What kind of trap i should use and for what, if i merely need a cage?

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: December 15, 2010, 08:13:00 pm »

Vermin can't be released.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: December 15, 2010, 09:15:58 pm »

Is it a universal truth among dwarves, that hatches cannot be destroyed from below?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: December 15, 2010, 09:30:02 pm »

Is it a universal truth among dwarves, that hatches cannot be destroyed from below?
I don't know of any way for it to be done, so I'm going to say yes.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: December 15, 2010, 09:37:01 pm »

I don't know of any way for it to be done, so I'm going to say yes.

I should asked this more explicitly above, but... does that mean that even a Fell Beast isn't coming up a hatched-off stairway?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 1178