Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1118797 times)

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4725 on: November 02, 2010, 08:35:45 pm »

Elves tend to have alot of "accidents" as they don't have armed guards. Though I doubt it would matter, Elven champs are a joke... wood armor and weapons... Hahahahaha...
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: November 02, 2010, 08:50:16 pm »

How do I safely move all my captured goblins into one cage? If I assign them all to one, the dwarf flees after letting the goblin out, and if I post my squad there for safety, they kill the goblin immediately.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:49:28 pm by Samuel »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: November 02, 2010, 10:05:36 pm »

Theives and the like will always try to escape, but building the cages next to each other may help.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #4728 on: November 02, 2010, 11:38:20 pm »

There is suddenly a battle ax and shield on my artifacts screen, listed in blue, that I know I did not make. Are these from outsiders who died on the map?
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: November 03, 2010, 12:26:03 am »

What are they made of?
If they are made of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Than you could have a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Under your embark site.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: November 03, 2010, 02:41:57 am »

31.16 - peasants only turning up with Skill; Adequate (Unknown) in Dwarf Therapist.  Any ideas?

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: November 03, 2010, 02:44:49 am »

There is suddenly a battle ax and shield on my artifacts screen, listed in blue, that I know I did not make. Are these from outsiders who died on the map?

I believe those are items your soldiers have named.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:46:31 am by JoRo »
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Ananasii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: November 03, 2010, 03:28:57 am »

31.16 - peasants only turning up with Skill; Adequate (Unknown) in Dwarf Therapist.  Any ideas?

Go [v]iew them in game - I often get this, and it turns out to be "military tactics" (or possibly some other skill not listed in DT)

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: November 03, 2010, 08:43:46 am »

No.

They are ordinary things somebody who lives on your map has named. If your dwarves did it you got an announcement like "so-and-so has become attached to a battle axe." So-and-so named it and now it appears with your other famous things on the (l)egendary stuff list.

It could also be animal-men. Once I had a particularly hardcore serpentman civ living in my caverns. In the process of slaying multiple forgotten beats a blowgun and wooden shield got named. Both appeared on my (l)egendary stuff list in blue.

Nick

Mortiss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: November 03, 2010, 12:24:15 pm »

My military dwarves continually have a "...was enraged by a long patrol duty." thought constantly. Even thou I rotate them to the civilian duties every second month via scheduling. What do dwarves consider "a long patrol duty" then exactly?  ::)
"You are not going crazy! You are going sane in the crazy world!"

Corew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: November 03, 2010, 01:11:46 pm »

ok i got a message (dark brown color):
"there is nothing to catch in the central swamps"

It happened in the 8th Early summer, now is 21 and nothing more happened afaik. Do i have a evil lurker around?  Ok ok I have 4 forgotten beasts in the caverns, around 20 or 30 captured goblins... but dont know what are these brown messages around. Perhaps is the baron, now a count ... and still asking for more titles... a duchy or somewhat?

Aso... i have 2 cougars for 3 years, (yes roaming free, 1 of them male the other female), but seem hes not interested in having kids... Do they need 20 years to do the work?

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: November 03, 2010, 01:31:59 pm »

ok i got a message (dark brown color):
"there is nothing to catch in the central swamps"

It happened in the 8th Early summer, now is 21 and nothing more happened afaik. Do i have a evil lurker around?  Ok ok I have 4 forgotten beasts in the caverns, around 20 or 30 captured goblins... but dont know what are these brown messages around. Perhaps is the baron, now a count ... and still asking for more titles... a duchy or somewhat?

Aso... i have 2 cougars for 3 years, (yes roaming free, 1 of them male the other female), but seem hes not interested in having kids... Do they need 20 years to do the work?

Those reports are coming from your fisherdwarves.

What's a good way to find volcanoes while looking for an embark site?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: November 03, 2010, 01:58:07 pm »

Look at the map in Legends, with civs turns off to get a good view of the regions. Volcanoes show right up, give you a good idea where to scan in embark mode.

Why do my squad leader's jobs keep deactivating? I know I haven't turned them off in either in-engine or with Therapist, especially not 'Recover Wounded' or 'Burial'. Yet sometimes I see them off their training months wandering with No Job and all jobs disabled.

Corew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: November 03, 2010, 02:29:39 pm »

Once i had a squad with 10 various legendary (carpenter, masons...) craftdwarves, then i trained ALL till they got legendary - axelords... and they eliminated all his jobs. They dont work anymore... very funny no one did nothing at all

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: November 03, 2010, 03:26:11 pm »

I've got other legendary soldiers who don't lose all their jobs. Sometimes I take off some of their other duties or heavy lifting, but they haven't all be cleared. But the commander and captains, every time they come off duty I have to remember to re-enable their civilian jobs.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 1178