Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1118602 times)

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4665 on: October 29, 2010, 07:59:27 am »

i had very little wealth (120.000 aproximately when the meeting started)?
my population was very low (22)?
my expedition leader needs to be a mayor?
too low export (35k says now)
Here are the requirements from my raws:
Code: [Select]
    [LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:1:20:10000:100000]
    [LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:2:20:20000:200000]
    [LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:3:20:30000:300000]

The first number is the minimum population, the second exports, and the third created wealth.

My best guess is that your problem was that it was the first caravan, so when it arrived you had zero exported wealth. This year you should get the Barony, and if you can up your created wealth a few 100k you'll get Count next year, and Duke the year after that.

Found the [D] command - cue flashing red screen and DEPOT INACCESSIBLE.

I'm on an island surrounded by three rivers, and just cut off the last bit of land with a water-filled channel (accidently).  I've got 2 block wide bridges - are wagons back in 31.16? Never had a problem in 31.12, as traders only used mules and other dangerous beasts. 

Should I be worried about the inaccessibility? Or is it a red herring?
Red herring.

The {D} command still looks for a path three tiles wide, because nobody told it wagons were gone.

Nick

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4666 on: October 29, 2010, 08:01:25 am »

3 of my pets died recently. I tried to quickly build some coffins, constructed them, and assigned these as available for pets.

The dog, and 1 of the cats are now resting forever in their places... but the second cat was not selected and is now in a outdoors refuse pile.

Its corpse is not rotten but... dont know how to put him in a coffin... some ideas?
Was the second cat actually the pet of some dwarf, or just a stray?  Stray tame animals don't get put in coffins, only named pets do.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: October 29, 2010, 08:40:05 am »

My last Dwarf caravan won't leave. It's been a year and a half or more.

How long do I have to wait before they all go crazy and die so I can get a non-bugged caravan?

Nick

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: October 29, 2010, 09:34:13 am »

Is it possible to raise the dead with some mod? My miners mine the floor under them and fall to their deaths.
Click "Continue" and choose one of the backup saves

My last Dwarf caravan won't leave. It's been a year and a half or more.

How long do I have to wait before they all go crazy and die so I can get a non-bugged caravan?

Nick
Deconstruct the trade depot and see if that do anything.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Corew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: October 29, 2010, 09:40:03 am »

My best guess is that your problem was that it was the first caravan, so when it arrived you had zero exported wealth. This year you should get the Barony, and if you can up your created wealth a few 100k you'll get Count next year, and Duke the year after that.
seems a reason... ill check on next liason!

Edit: yay i got that baron. The point is ...weirdly... this baron is very productive, he has hauling activated and dumped things... i enlisted in a squad as a private and is actually sparring as the others! Ill make him a Champion lool!

About my cat dont being properly buried...I believe i found a posible cause... I read on the old wiki .40d about cats, seems those than arrive with migrants can be properly buried, but the ones than adopt petty dwarves cant...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 02:30:20 pm by Corew »

Mortiss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: October 30, 2010, 12:06:14 pm »

After some deliberation I think it is time to migrate from 31.12 to 31.16.
However, I have grown attached (pun intended) to the world I have generated in 31.12. It is full of my more or less successful forts/adventurers/legends.

Question is: Are there any issues that I should be aware of when using 31.12 generated world in 31.16
Currently I am running a well established fort. Will there be problems simply running it in 31.16?

Thanks in advance.

"You are not going crazy! You are going sane in the crazy world!"

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: October 30, 2010, 12:18:04 pm »

If you play adventurer mode, you'll find migrating your world preferable to creating a new one anyway.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #4672 on: October 30, 2010, 08:09:22 pm »

I haven't been able to get a king to show up. I have tons of silver roads, tons of wealth, many thousands donated to caravans... and I've been waiting for more than two years for him to come. Is it bugged, or is there a condition not listed on the wiki?
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Mortiss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: October 30, 2010, 08:32:43 pm »

Is there a trick to getting items out of bins?
I have tried to take soap out of the bins and get it stored individually in a separate stockpile by setting up a flow using "take from a pile" command. Yet nothing happens.
Soap is not Forbidden.

Is it just the buggy nature of the soap or am I doing something wrong?

TIA
"You are not going crazy! You are going sane in the crazy world!"

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: October 30, 2010, 09:15:25 pm »

Don't use "take from a pile", it doesn't work well.  Create a stockpile which accepts soap bars only and has zero max bins set.  Go to the bar stockpile the soap is currently in and set it to not accept bins.  Then wait, someone should get around to moving it.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: October 30, 2010, 10:37:15 pm »

After some deliberation I think it is time to migrate from 31.12 to 31.16.
However, I have grown attached (pun intended) to the world I have generated in 31.12. It is full of my more or less successful forts/adventurers/legends.

Question is: Are there any issues that I should be aware of when using 31.12 generated world in 31.16
Currently I am running a well established fort. Will there be problems simply running it in 31.16?

Thanks in advance.

The saves SHOULD be compatible. Just to be safe, hold onto a copy of your save in some other folder so that if it doesn't work out you can always revert.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: October 30, 2010, 11:28:22 pm »

Is there a trick to getting items out of bins?
I have tried to take soap out of the bins and get it stored individually in a separate stockpile by setting up a flow using "take from a pile" command. Yet nothing happens.
Soap is not Forbidden.

Is it just the buggy nature of the soap or am I doing something wrong?

TIA

What I like doing is putting a garbage zone directly next to the workshop in question, and then mass dumping the items to be removed from the bins via the stock screen.

Once everything gets emptied, simply d-b-c or mass reclaim via the stocks screen (though be careful you don't get the items set back in the same bins you wanted them out of!)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: October 31, 2010, 02:01:17 am »

double questions
1) can soap have value modifier?
2) can dragons and hyda pets give birth?

I'm looking forward to ☼Dragon Soap☼ with total value of 5*15*12 = 900, triumphing anything short of admantium
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: October 31, 2010, 05:02:03 am »

1: Bars of soap are bars of soap.  They get the value mod of the creature they're made from, but no quality modifier.

2: No, those two creatures have no children defined in the raws, so they can't reproduce.  I think that elephants, with material value mod of 5, are the highest-value creature you can breed without modding.

Hirkyl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: October 31, 2010, 06:23:43 am »

Is there a way to get rid of small dustings of loam and small piles of loam and siltstone when there is a siltstone floor under this? It seems that dwarves are not cleaning it up even though the loam is indoors.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 1178