Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1118025 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4515 on: October 22, 2010, 12:16:35 pm »

Just got back from a long hiatus.

Been reading through the wiki and patch notes, have some questions.

1) Marksdwarves and Hunters been fixed yet? (EG: train properly and grab ammo?)
2) What is this about "sprawl" in adventurer mode? >_> mentioned in it 0.31.13
3) any other game play breaking bugs from release of .31 (that weren't fixed by .10) still around that I should know about?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4516 on: October 22, 2010, 12:20:43 pm »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or anything, but there seems to be a few problems that consistently pop up in adventure mode in my playthroughs.
Adventure mode is basically completely broken at the moment.  There are no towns or shops, no goblin fortresses, no quest givers, and not much to do.

If you want to play adventure mode, stick with 0.31.12 or wait till Toady releases a version with adventure mode working again.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: October 22, 2010, 02:02:52 pm »

What do Squad Eq and Individual Eq mean in the barracks menu?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Afelia Fail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: October 22, 2010, 02:11:10 pm »

Nothing, for now.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: October 22, 2010, 02:19:56 pm »

Nothing, for now.

More specifically, they mean Squad Equipment and Individual Equipment. But yeah, they don't matter at all.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: October 22, 2010, 04:24:02 pm »

The wiki article on melting does not mention furniture other than cages. What are the returns on metal coffins and statues? How can I check? The furnace does not appear to accumulate 1/10ths of bars visibly.

I reiterate my question!

GJScarritt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: October 22, 2010, 04:38:41 pm »

The wiki article on melting does not mention furniture other than cages. What are the returns on metal coffins and statues? How can I check? The furnace does not appear to accumulate 1/10ths of bars visibly.

It's entirely possible that even though your dwarfs will take those items to be melted, that those particular ones are bugged (hence why they aren't mentioned in the wiki nor you receiving any metal 10ths from them).   Check the Bug Reporting thread and see if it's been officially reported.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: October 22, 2010, 05:24:09 pm »

Oh no, it's definitely working -- I mass-melted all non-masterwork doors I had made, and when I remembered that I had done that some time later, I had plenty of iron available again -- I just don't know the ratios involved, and am trying to figure out an easy way to test it.

GJScarritt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: October 22, 2010, 06:27:45 pm »

Oh no, it's definitely working -- I mass-melted all non-masterwork doors I had made, and when I remembered that I had done that some time later, I had plenty of iron available again -- I just don't know the ratios involved, and am trying to figure out an easy way to test it.

Okay, in the wiki under notes for the 'Buying items to melt' it states ---

Quote: 2) Cages are offered in only copper, lead, nickel, tin, or zinc. All furniture returns 1 bar for each item melted, but only cages are offered for trade. :EndQuote

Also, most metal furniture requires 3 bars to forge (including pipe sections), except for chains, animal traps, buckets, and blocks, which require 1.   So you'd only be getting a 33% return on metal from most furniture.  If training Metal Crafting, you'd want to go with making Goblets, then remelting for the best return on metal (60% return), chains are a 50% return.

I am hazarding a guess that this also applies to furniture items you make yourself.  And also guessing that statues are included.  You should go ahead and test to see if this is correc.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:00:17 pm by GJScarritt »

GJScarritt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: October 22, 2010, 06:58:59 pm »

grrr, forgive me, hit quote instead of modify.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: October 22, 2010, 07:26:45 pm »

Assuming traction benches worked, where would I put one in a hospital? Next to a bed, a table, between them?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: October 22, 2010, 07:59:22 pm »

Much more important question time:

How do I change (in the regular tileset) the rectangles to squares (the tiles), and if I do this do my savegames become affected by this, or corrupted?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: October 22, 2010, 08:57:39 pm »

AA: Traction benches simply need to be placed within the confines of a hospital. They are an entirely independant piece of furniture. Zoom with the mouse wheel for your other problem.

Veok: Metalworking is still messed up a bit regarding how many bars it takes to make something. I don't know if that affects melting or not.

Shadow: Archery works well now, but there;s still a little training oddities. Sprawl refers to the new farmland system wherein each population center is surrounded by large amounts of fields.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: October 22, 2010, 09:08:19 pm »

Awesome, thanks.

And since it was brought up, when did Toady fix archery?

edit: Ok, nevermind, I found curses, but still, if I change the size to something from... anything... does it mess up my saves?

Also, which set do I change?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 09:13:26 pm by Double A »

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: October 22, 2010, 09:18:31 pm »

All furniture returns 1 bar for each item melted, but only cages are offered for trade.

Ah, aha. I missed that. Many thanks, friend.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 1178