Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1117425 times)

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4320 on: October 13, 2010, 05:58:38 pm »

How do I get my dorfs to actually train? I can get them to go defends stuff, but they're not training or anything.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 06:15:48 pm by Skorpion »
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: October 13, 2010, 06:26:22 pm »

Set up a barracks and let a squad use it.
But make sure the minimum number of active dwarves is less than the number of dwarves in the squad.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: October 13, 2010, 06:29:36 pm »

So, they'll just do it on their own?

I'd better make them some weapons and armour.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: October 13, 2010, 06:29:59 pm »

And make sure the barracks is built from a weapon rack or an armor stand, otherwise they'll do nothing in it but sleep.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: October 13, 2010, 06:58:43 pm »

Got that covered.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: October 13, 2010, 07:46:48 pm »

Is there a way to remove creatures from the |u| screen? Primarily dead things, so I don't have to scroll through three or four screens of corpses to look for wildlife?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: October 13, 2010, 07:51:07 pm »

Is there a way to remove creatures from the |u| screen? Primarily dead things, so I don't have to scroll through three or four screens of corpses to look for wildlife?
If you play on 31.12 or lower, Runesmith(Modding section) will help a great deal. Just vanish the creatures and save changes.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: October 13, 2010, 07:52:29 pm »

If you play on 31.12 or lower, Runesmith(Modding section) will help a great deal. Just vanish the creatures and save changes.

31.14. Thanks for trying, though, I'll see if there's anything in Modding that might help.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: October 13, 2010, 11:28:09 pm »

The traders aren't bringing wagons. There's at least one clear path to my depot for them. What gives?

Antary

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: October 13, 2010, 11:30:26 pm »

Anyway to make dwarves go inside?
It`s annoying during ambushes/sieges that they just keep running around.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #4330 on: October 13, 2010, 11:35:53 pm »

The traders aren't bringing wagons. There's at least one clear path to my depot for them. What gives?
It's a glitch ever since the introduction of .31, nobody ever brings wagons, the closest we have gotten is making wagons able to be pets, but that also makes them bring pet wagons, which doesn't turn out as well. haha

Anyway to make dwarves go inside?
It`s annoying during ambushes/sieges that they just keep running around.
Also with the introduction of .31 is the "burrows" system! this allows you to press r to define burrows for your dwarves to be confined to when an alert is set as such, most people commonly set the entire inside of their fortress as a burrow, this duplicates the "no dwarves allowed outside" order, but without the job cancellation spam and entrance dance!
To set the alert for the civilians, play around in the m>a screen.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: October 14, 2010, 12:14:28 am »

Damn, and I've been clear-cutting this jungle for nothing? I want my shittons of metal bars back.

EDIT:
Oh SHIT. No goblin skull totems. What the hell am I meant to do with the bodies of sentient hostiles now I can't turn them into exports?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:23:10 am by Skorpion »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: October 14, 2010, 12:51:38 am »

Damn, and I've been clear-cutting this jungle for nothing? I want my shittons of metal bars back.

EDIT:
Oh SHIT. No goblin skull totems. What the hell am I meant to do with the bodies of sentient hostiles now I can't turn them into exports?

Drop them into the magma sea.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: October 14, 2010, 12:59:09 am »

I also just caught someone chasing down one of the military with a bucket of water. The militarydwarf was thirsty, but stopped being so after drinking of the bucket.

Is this normal behaviour, or some sort of a bug?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: October 14, 2010, 05:56:47 am »

Yes give food/water to badly thirty,hungry dorf is a normal activity.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1178