Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1117031 times)

revier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4215 on: October 07, 2010, 11:52:30 pm »

My civ has a Queen who's never been married. If she comes to my fort, will she choose a spouse from among the dwarves at my fortress?

Kurouma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: October 07, 2010, 11:59:22 pm »

Hey, how do I get my smelters to recognise flux stone I've bought from traders? I've embarked on a volcano, which is really useful, but that means no flux to speak of (unless there could be some really deep down? Does this happen?).
I've tried designating a custom stockpile and taking them from the trade depot, but I still don't get the 'smelt pig iron bars' command.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: October 08, 2010, 12:09:37 am »

Hey, how do I get my smelters to recognise flux stone I've bought from traders? I've embarked on a volcano, which is really useful, but that means no flux to speak of (unless there could be some really deep down? Does this happen?).
I've tried designating a custom stockpile and taking them from the trade depot, but I still don't get the 'smelt pig iron bars' command.
Have you tried issuing the order via the Manager?

canon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: October 08, 2010, 12:14:01 am »

is there any point gameplay wise for getting population-wise above 20?
tired of managing so many immigrants, wanted to set popcap to 20 just to aim for a dungeon master.

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
  • Know-it-all and bragart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: October 08, 2010, 12:35:02 am »

Easily possible to run a successful fort with 20 dwarfs.  Megaprojects might take forever and hauling will pile up a bit but nothing unmanageable.  (Might want to lower the invasion triggers for gobs, though?  You'll never get sieges if the trigger is still set at 80 or whatever it is.)

canon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: October 08, 2010, 01:06:26 am »

is there anything positive i'm missing out on, though?
as in, does getting promoted to a mountainhome or such give you any bonuses?

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
  • Know-it-all and bragart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: October 08, 2010, 01:09:41 am »

Nobility is pretty broken at the moment.  You'll miss out on your baron demanding crystal glass tables for his dining room, I suppose.

twichyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: October 08, 2010, 02:02:41 am »

Quick question before i start up my next fortress in a freezing biome, I know in the old version it was entirely possible to survive off of booze and only one type of booze
However the wikia is telling me once they get sick of one type they will stop and drink water
So provided i have two types of booze will they ever get sick of both at the same time?

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: October 08, 2010, 10:11:36 am »

Quick question before i start up my next fortress in a freezing biome, I know in the old version it was entirely possible to survive off of booze and only one type of booze
However the wikia is telling me once they get sick of one type they will stop and drink water
So provided i have two types of booze will they ever get sick of both at the same time?

As far as I can tell it seems to be a counter. For example, after x amount of consecutive drinks of dwarven wine they will get sick of it, but one drink of dwarven ale will reset the counter. So you should be alright.

My question is, which file do I look in and what do I change to make masks craftable by dwarfs?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: October 08, 2010, 10:15:48 am »

in the entity_default item, under the mountain entity in the item list add

[HELM:ITEM_HELM_MASK:COMMON]

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: October 08, 2010, 10:24:57 am »

in the entity_default item, under the mountain entity in the item list add

[HELM:ITEM_HELM_MASK:COMMON]

Thank you :) You can wear them at the same time as a helmet, yes?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: October 08, 2010, 10:31:39 am »

I have a partial aquifer that's also partially connected to the caverns and is promtly flooding it. Since the intersection isnt much, it wont be able to flood ALL the cavern because of evaporation. However, it's killing my FPS and i'd try to deal with it ASAP although this also imply breaching the cavern early. Any suggestion?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: October 08, 2010, 11:04:20 am »

Any hints on how to find a magma pipe?

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: October 08, 2010, 11:06:34 am »

rephikul, cave a plug in at the outlet.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: October 08, 2010, 11:22:35 am »

rephikul, cave a plug in at the outlet.
I've thought about it but apparently there're 6 solid layers of damp stones above it, all conglomerates.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 1178