Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1116905 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3930 on: September 28, 2010, 06:16:36 pm »

Could I designate obsidian as an economic stone to stop masons from using it?
Maybe, if you edit the raws.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3931 on: September 28, 2010, 07:11:53 pm »

In my new fort I don't have much lakes around, so instead of flooding a room with water to make a farm I channeled out a pit and got the dwarves to dump water in it so the ground would be muddy. Well the ground's muddy now and I built a farm plot, but, even after building a floor over the pit it says that all the ground that makes up my farm is above ground so my farmer won't plant anything. Is there any way to fix this?
Once ground has been touched by the accursed sunlight, it can never again return to the state of underground darkness it once was.  Those farms will never grown underground crops.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: September 28, 2010, 09:04:43 pm »

As far as I know obsidian in vanilla is economic by default...

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: September 28, 2010, 09:59:47 pm »

Yes, but for some reason it does not show up.
This could have been fixed, though.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: September 28, 2010, 10:20:17 pm »

Remove its MAX_EDGE tag and it will show up.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bobbias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: September 28, 2010, 10:49:19 pm »

I've got a possessed dwarf that took over a clothier's shop. When he asks for leather and cloth, do the leather and cloth have to be a specific type? I've got some free cloth and a bunch of free leather in my stockpiles. And he's just sitting there.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: September 28, 2010, 11:15:31 pm »

What type of cloth do you have? He's asking for either plant fiber or silk cloth. He will only accept one, and only fey dwarves will tell you which one.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bobbias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: September 28, 2010, 11:29:06 pm »

Plant fiber only. I guess he wants silk... A caravan left just before this happened, so no chance of me getting another by the time he goes mad... I guess I'm gonna have to wall him in, and wait out his death :/ (and no, I haven't breached a cavern yet, so I have no cave spider webs to get.)

What pisses me off is that he's my militia commander :/ I hate posessed moods.

glitchpop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: September 28, 2010, 11:54:32 pm »

Plant fiber only. I guess he wants silk... A caravan left just before this happened, so no chance of me getting another by the time he goes mad... I guess I'm gonna have to wall him in, and wait out his death :/ (and no, I haven't breached a cavern yet, so I have no cave spider webs to get.)

Dig I say! Dig like the dickens! (and build a loom) You should hit a cavern. Then your weaver will collect silk and weave it into thread. I love crazy creative dorfs!

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: September 29, 2010, 12:40:52 am »

Well, I thought that area looked too good to be true... then when I was making spear traps for a danger room, it kept telling me I had more pokey things than I'd counted...

... then I went to hook my pokey things to an outside lever.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: September 29, 2010, 01:30:55 am »

whats the easiest way to get my guys to stand on the wall rather than the floor one z level down when i station them?

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: September 29, 2010, 01:34:57 am »

Yes, but for some reason it does not show up.
This could have been fixed, though.
Nope, not fixed.

Obsidian is supposed to be Economic(red) by default if you don't embark on a volcano, Non-Economic(green) if you do.

To change it, you need to make it visible in the Stones list, which is done by setting Max_Edge to a value lower than 10k, presumably removal equals zero, but using an actual number makes it easier to change back. Once you've set it to what you want, save & revert the max edge value.

Remember that you need to be fiddling the stones_layer.txt for the save, not the defaults (though my default has Max_Edge at 9999, so I only need to alter each save once).

MycoRunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: September 29, 2010, 01:37:59 am »

Dig I say! Dig like the dickens! (and build a loom) You should hit a cavern. Then your weaver will collect silk and weave it into thread. I love crazy creative dorfs!

I agree! Dig! You have time to save him!

The exact thing happened to me. Some moody dwarf wanted silk thread right after the caravan left. So I dug. I hesitated and procrastinated and he lost his marbles RIGHT as I breached the cavern. But if you dig straight down, poke a little hole in there grab some webs and wall it up, it's like nothing ever happened.

Which leads me to my question:

on the Z-Stocks screen, I was searching for silk thread, and found it. It was red, so not owned by me, and 60z levels down where the caverns are. So am I right in assuming that this points out where exactly the webs are before you even breach the caverns?

sebs

• Bay Watcher
  • Nun sind unser zwey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: September 29, 2010, 02:55:19 am »

Hitting "D" gives me an all red map, even when I have a perfect 3*n road from map edge to trade depot. On the other hand, caravans do reach the depot without problems.

So is access checking just deactivated due to bugs, or will this cause problems?

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: September 29, 2010, 03:57:54 am »

Hitting "D" gives me an all red map, even when I have a perfect 3*n road from map edge to trade depot. On the other hand, caravans do reach the depot without problems.

So is access checking just deactivated due to bugs, or will this cause problems?
Access checking is testing for a Wagon-accessible path, so whilst I don't know why it's failing for you, it's also irrelevant because DF2010 Caravans don't yet bring Wagons.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 1178