Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1117914 times)

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3645 on: September 20, 2010, 12:07:31 am »

I don't need them to be flung or crushed, just dropped using a retracting bridge.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: September 20, 2010, 12:27:05 am »

My dwarves won't dump stuff. Gave dump order on lots of stacked stones and set a garbage area (active) nearby. Still not being dumped. Not forbidden. These are rocks that have fallen repeatedly from having a pit dug so they are stacked. On other rock that was not stacked was placed in the garbage bin I think.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: September 20, 2010, 12:31:59 am »

My dwarves won't dump stuff. Gave dump order on lots of stacked stones and set a garbage area (active) nearby. Still not being dumped. Not forbidden. These are rocks that have fallen repeatedly from having a pit dug so they are stacked. On other rock that was not stacked was placed in the garbage bin I think.

Is it outside? Do you have "dwarves gather refuse from outside" turned on?

New Question: Can you butcher werewolves? Or is that not ethical?

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: September 20, 2010, 12:53:02 am »

Is it outside? Do you have "dwarves gather refuse from outside" turned on?

New Question: Can you butcher werewolves? Or is that not ethical?

Where do I set the gather from outside?

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: September 20, 2010, 01:10:19 am »

Where do I set the gather from outside?

(o)rders -> (r)efuse -> dwarves gather refuse from outside

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: September 20, 2010, 01:19:54 am »

[Sorry, didn't notice there was another page which already had an equivalent response on]

bcd1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: September 20, 2010, 01:58:26 am »

I have one woodcutter (85 population). He drops his axe. He won't chop trees. It's his only assigned labor. I made 5 iron battle axes in the MEtalsmith's forge. He still won't chop trees.

What am I doing wrong?
This is a feature, not a bug, correct?
You're playing Dwarf Fortress.  There isn't much of a distinction.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: September 20, 2010, 01:59:05 am »

Is it possible to clear out Hell or are the demons infinite?

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: September 20, 2010, 03:49:09 am »

What difference is there between iron and steel anvils, besides steel anvils being more expensive to buy?
None whatsoever, other than more value.

Can I use a retracting bridge to drop enemies standing on it to their doom or are bridges deactivated when there are units on it? If this is impossible, how else can I drop enemies down a pit?
Drop away.

I read there was a weight limit and something about mounted units. What about megabeasts?

Megabeasts prevent the raising of drawbridges...
I assume they also prevent yoiu from retracting retractable bridges
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:57:01 am by Proteus »

dpg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: September 20, 2010, 03:57:02 am »

Heya,

yesterday something very weird happened. I had an ecstatic dwarf go melancholic. I had no deaths, there was a shortage in Drinks at that time but I pumped out a hundret drinks pretty fast. No pets were slaughtered, no losses, no tantrums, a couple content military guys, that's all.

Does this happen randomly?
Goddamn dwarf is now creeping arround my stockpiles all depressed and useless >:/

Edit: I checked both ingame and Dwarf therapist for her. Both said she was ecstatic lately. And DT marked her with bright green (I forgot the exact Nubers). After the message and the pause the dwarf nearly instantly went into melancholy.. she was sitting in the meeting hall between a couple dozen dwarfs, noone else had any problems. Also she wasn't affected by a mood. wth
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 04:16:51 am by dpg »

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: September 20, 2010, 04:17:33 am »

Smaller factors can upset your dwarf. Vermine, sunshine, lack of booze, military dury lasting too long, getting dropped from a squad, Miasma. I have had dwarves have pretty low happiness from these factors, but not go red. I don't know.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

sebs

• Bay Watcher
  • Nun sind unser zwey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: September 20, 2010, 04:25:24 am »

I have one woodcutter (85 population). He drops his axe. He won't chop trees. It's his only assigned labor. I made 5 iron battle axes in the MEtalsmith's forge. He still won't chop trees.

Check if you have the (o)rder "dwarves gather wood" disabled, and if there are any burrow restrictions.

Edit: You need to tell him which tree to chop, via (d)esignations --> chop down (t)rees.
(I just noticed that you are quite new here as well, so don't feel offended if you already knew this :) )
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:48:42 am by sebs »

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: September 20, 2010, 05:05:15 am »

Heya,

yesterday something very weird happened. I had an ecstatic dwarf go melancholic. I had no deaths, there was a shortage in Drinks at that time but I pumped out a hundret drinks pretty fast. No pets were slaughtered, no losses, no tantrums, a couple content military guys, that's all.

Goddamn dwarf is now creeping arround my stockpiles all depressed and useless >:/

Edit: I checked both ingame and Dwarf therapist for her. Both said she was ecstatic lately. And DT marked her with bright green (I forgot the exact Nubers). After the message and the pause the dwarf nearly instantly went into melancholy.. she was sitting in the meeting hall between a couple dozen dwarfs, noone else had any problems. Also she wasn't affected by a mood. wth

Did you have a fight with a forgotten beast some time ago?
Things like these might come due to contact with poisonous body fluids of such a beast (at least thatīs what I suspect, according to some encounters of my own with such effects after killing a forgotten beast with deadly blood)

dpg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: September 20, 2010, 05:20:54 am »

No. I haven't reached any caverns yet. I'm kinda reluctant and am training military now. The fort is shut off with a raised draw bridge.
I had a visit from a 7 headed Dragon but it said nothing about poison or anything else, only beware its seven headed blabla...
The Merchants killed it with ease, I didn't even interfere.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: September 20, 2010, 09:16:07 am »

Heya,

Was she a noble? Did you assign appropriate rooms/fill her mandates?
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 1178