Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1118209 times)

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3360 on: September 14, 2010, 05:05:37 pm »

1. I have no idea.

2. Place a bunch of upright wooden training spears in the barracks, hook them up to a single lever, and set the lever to be pulled repeatedly.

You can train your dwarves like that? WTF?

Yep...
moving spears/spikes donīt distinguish between friend and enemy (in contrast to weapon traps)
therefore they can hit your soldiers in the training room...which your soldiers of course will try to avoid by evading the spears, thereby gaining experience

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: September 14, 2010, 05:09:29 pm »

Can wooden spears hurt them?

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: September 14, 2010, 05:13:07 pm »

Can wooden spears hurt them?

Sure they can be hurt by the wooden training spears...
but not much, especially if they "train" in full armor

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: September 14, 2010, 05:21:28 pm »

It only trains shield, armor, and dodge though, if you're looking for better axe dwarves, make your squads 3 dwarves instead of 10 so they spar more.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: September 14, 2010, 05:52:43 pm »

Can dwarves die of old age? How long do they live?

TheDrunknBunny

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: September 14, 2010, 05:57:47 pm »

Dwarves seem to get more weapon experience from mauling live targets than training.  The suggestion of pitting disarmed goblins for summary military beating that's been mentioned in this thread multiple times is a great way.  I like to forbid the body parts removed so my "training room" is well decorated.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: September 14, 2010, 06:03:08 pm »

Is there a penalty for killing elven traders? Do they even have any valuable stuff?

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: September 14, 2010, 06:33:23 pm »

How do I see the value of an item?

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: September 14, 2010, 07:02:10 pm »

Is there a penalty for killing elven traders? Do they even have any valuable stuff?

If you do it every time they come around they'll eventually declare war on you and occasionally send raids. If you only do it every once in a while then they tend to actually bring you better stuff (due to elves thinking that boxes upon boxes of pig tail cloth is the most valuable thing they could possibly trade, and that those fifteen giant eages in cages are worthelss for trading.)

How do I see the value of an item?

If it's laying on the ground, loo(k) at it and hit Enter. If it's a building, like a table or a workshop, use (t) to look at it, then hit enter to see what it's worth. If it's something a dwarf is carrying, (v)iew the unit, go to it's inventory screen, select the item you want to look at, and hit Enter. If it's something in a container (bin, barrel, whatever,) loo(k) at the container, hit Enter to see what's in it, select the item you want a look at, and hit Enter again.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: September 14, 2010, 07:08:25 pm »

Will I run out of plump helmet spawn? I don't want to run out of seeds. My food stockpile (large one) has been full for a while so I started cooking lavish meals. Will I run out and be stuck?

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #3370 on: September 14, 2010, 07:12:10 pm »

Will I run out of plump helmet spawn? I don't want to run out of seeds. My food stockpile (large one) has been full for a while so I started cooking lavish meals. Will I run out and be stuck?
z > Kitchen menu is your friend, you can set what should and should not be cooked inside it!

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: September 14, 2010, 07:13:54 pm »

I built an animal stockpile to carry away trapped animals, and while it has some trapped enemies, my dwarves also seem to be carrying empty terrariums to it. Why?

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: September 14, 2010, 07:18:48 pm »

I built an animal stockpile to carry away trapped animals, and while it has some trapped enemies, my dwarves also seem to be carrying empty terrariums to it. Why?

Because animal stockpiles (as long as you donīt customize the settings) also allow empty cages (or, more generic, containers for animals, which includes terrariums) to be stored there.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: September 14, 2010, 07:24:24 pm »

When I create uniforms, do I need to add steel gauntlets/boots twice to the list?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: September 14, 2010, 07:37:03 pm »

When I create uniforms, do I need to add steel gauntlets/boots twice to the list?
No.

Because animal stockpiles (as long as you donīt customize the settings) also allow empty cages (or, more generic, containers for animals, which includes terrariums) to be stored there.

Terraria are just fancy-named cages.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 1178