Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1118801 times)

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3060 on: September 03, 2010, 11:40:15 pm »

Is there a way to force my miners to dig? I want to clear out an area right above a magma pool, but I keep getting a warning+pause every time they hit a warm stone because the magma pool is right below it. This warning is presumably there for vertical digging, but I am digging horizontally and don't need to see it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: September 03, 2010, 11:57:47 pm »

Ah. It doesn't mention that in the tutorial I'm using. How would I organise a meeting in the future?

Your leader must have a peroiod of time wtih "no job".
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: September 04, 2010, 12:05:49 am »

Hi

Not sure if it's a bug, a feature, or something already covered (searches gave me nothing), but whenever I zone a hospital greater than about 5x5, the game crashes.  Any ideas if this is a normal thing, or if I've got something weird happening?

Just lost a 5 year old fortress after fighting off a siege in a cunning network of tunnels - sigh...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: September 04, 2010, 12:16:12 am »

Hi

Not sure if it's a bug, a feature, or something already covered (searches gave me nothing), but whenever I zone a hospital greater than about 5x5, the game crashes.  Any ideas if this is a normal thing, or if I've got something weird happening?

Just lost a 5 year old fortress after fighting off a siege in a cunning network of tunnels - sigh...

5 year old fortress and no backup files?

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: September 04, 2010, 12:37:41 am »

Probably stupid question:
How to you make stuff out of spoilermetal cloth? Neither using the cloth or silk option in the clothier's shop let's me make spoilermetal stuff.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: September 04, 2010, 12:38:56 am »

Think it's at the forge.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: September 04, 2010, 01:01:30 am »

Cancel store item in stockpile: item inaccessible. I keep getting this and have no clue why it keeps happening. Only thing I can remember is a dwarf died digging down for a well and I just dug one more level and his body dropped into the water with his clothes. Can that be it? Don't know why it keeps happening since I since blocked off the route with the well and with a wall.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: September 04, 2010, 01:04:24 am »

Forbid his belongings

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: September 04, 2010, 04:47:53 am »

What are the red "^" icons that I keep seeing on the world map? Are they volcanoes? Every time I travel to examine it with an adventurer, there's nothing there...
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Pakhawaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: September 04, 2010, 06:15:27 am »

How do I remove items from the trade depot without dismantling it? Do I have to dump all the items?

Edit: Also, how to I get the animals out of cages?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 06:21:00 am by Pakhawaj »

candylord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: September 04, 2010, 07:43:44 am »

I think you need at least one cage constructed
after that, move all the animals you want released into that contructed cage, and then you can release by marking them all again
Your dwarves will move the items from the trade depot in their own time, provided you have a stockpile to take the items

How do I get my dwarves to stop conducting individual drills?
I took changed them all to inactive, intending to get them to haul stuff to the depot for me,  and half of them just stayed in the barracks and drilled >.>
Statistically, one in twenty of us live next door to a pedophile. Not me though, I live next door to a stunning pair of seven year olds

Pakhawaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: September 04, 2010, 08:49:14 am »

How do I get my dwarves to stop conducting individual drills?
I took changed them all to inactive, intending to get them to haul stuff to the depot for me,  and half of them just stayed in the barracks and drilled >.>
I thought the same, after a while the dwarves just stopped and got on with their tasks, they're probably just completing their particular routine.

Sorry for being incompetent but could you explain to me how to do your instructions? I'm pretty bad at container manipulation. ^^;

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3072 on: September 04, 2010, 08:55:06 am »

How do I remove items from the trade depot without dismantling it? Do I have to dump all the items?
Have stockpiles elsewhere in your fortress that will take the items you are trying to retrieve from the depot, and dwarves with the appropriate hauling labor enabled and nothing better to do who can reach both the depot and the stockpile.  They will eventually move the items to the stockpiles.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: September 04, 2010, 02:19:44 pm »

What are the red "^" icons that I keep seeing on the world map? Are they volcanoes? Every time I travel to examine it with an adventurer, there's nothing there...

Depends on your tileset. When embarking, if you get the cursor over the area, go to the description screen via tab. If it's a volcano, it should say "volcano" and then list its name as a separate entry. I think it also does this for non-volcanic mountains.

mLegion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: September 04, 2010, 03:32:51 pm »

Is it normal for the trade caravan to bring odd items that you can't make, mine has brought me at least 2 large gem's made of metal ores like a '*«-large native platinum-»*'?
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 1178