Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1119839 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2820 on: August 22, 2010, 08:49:01 pm »

So it basically needs to be in a stockpile that isn't miles from the butcher's shop, okay. At the time I was undergoing a mass dumping of stone, so they were probably too concerned with that to pick it up even with refuse gathering from outside on.

Thanks.

Luewen82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: August 22, 2010, 10:25:52 pm »

Hmmm. fast question. Is dwarven economy available on current build and what is needed to start it?

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: August 23, 2010, 12:55:57 am »

I received a message telling me that "Your miners have defaced a Deduk Fikodotin!". What on Earth does that mean?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: August 23, 2010, 01:19:00 am »

Well if it were your miners then it was probably a masterwork engraving. Your miners mined through the wall or floor where it was and thus destroyed it.

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: August 23, 2010, 02:31:52 am »

Hmmm. fast question. Is dwarven economy available on current build and what is needed to start it?

Technically it's still supposed to be in there, but it doesn't actually happen. The economy enables when you get a tax collector noble, and much like the dungeon master they (almost?) never show up.

Stalker-Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: August 23, 2010, 04:58:27 am »

Wasn't good idea to make blunt weapons out of adamantine but what about armor? Or does the density/weight thing affect most of those aswell?

Edit: Where can I see how many bars it takes to smith something? I've noticed cages and statues seem to take three bars so far. Would be helpful to know beforehand.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:54:46 am by Stalker-Dwarf »
Long as our business doesn't go sour, my word is gold.

Luewen82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: August 23, 2010, 06:06:11 am »

Technically it's still supposed to be in there, but it doesn't actually happen. The economy enables when you get a tax collector noble, and much like the dungeon master they (almost?) never show up.

Thanks for the info. Perhaps ill reduce my pop cap a bit then if its rare occurrance. Hmm, Is there way to mod it that they arrive more often?

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: August 23, 2010, 06:40:55 am »

Well I have seen something to mod someone to be that noble. But if you want to cheat less then I don't know.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: August 23, 2010, 10:00:03 am »

Is it possible to install a pressure plate on a tile that will be atom-smashed? & if so, will it survive?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: August 23, 2010, 10:26:57 am »

Is it possible to install a pressure plate on a tile that will be atom-smashed? & if so, will it survive?

nothing can be built where a bridge also is built.
so no. Sorry.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: August 23, 2010, 03:10:29 pm »

Wasn't good idea to make blunt weapons out of adamantine but what about armor? Or does the density/weight thing affect most of those aswell?

Edit: Where can I see how many bars it takes to smith something? I've noticed cages and statues seem to take three bars so far. Would be helpful to know beforehand.

adamant armor is the most powerful armor available, although far from invincible. Swords and (especially) spears are an excellent use as well.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Arbitrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: August 23, 2010, 04:39:57 pm »

This one's not so much a technical question as a request for advice:

When making uniforms, should I add every item of clothing to a uniform (All layers, cloak, hood, etc) or simply designate the metal stuff and leave the rest up to the dwarf?  At the moment I simply put breastplate, mail shirt, helm, greaves, gauntlets, high boots, shield and weapon in the uniform, and the dwarf can fill in the rest from the stockpile. 

Would it be more effective to designate every wearable item from the uniform?  And if so, metal clothing, silk, leather or cloth?

Tsukenta

• Bay Watcher
  • STEPHEN STILLS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: August 23, 2010, 04:59:33 pm »

I received a message telling me that "Your miners have defaced a Deduk Fikodotin!". What on Earth does that mean?
That means you qued up something that was engraved to be mined out. The creature, Deduk Fikodotin in this case, is probably quite upset that his hard work has a pickax through it now.

Question of my own; I know this has already been answered, but i'm tired of looking for it.
I have about 20 goblins in cages. I know you can [d>b>d] to mass dump everything, and I know you have to go back and deselect the cages for dumping, but how do I check the goblin's inventory? I've released goblins for military training years after queing up the dbd order, and still have dwarves get their arms lopped off because the dumpers never got around (or simply ignored) the goblin's stuff.

Elestia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: August 23, 2010, 05:03:33 pm »

I seem to have turned off my item value at some point in the game. Is there a way to turn it back on? Need to trade some of my crafts, but with no numbers to compare makes it hard for me.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: August 23, 2010, 05:04:56 pm »

You need to appoint a broker with the "appraise" skill.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 1178