Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1119914 times)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2790 on: August 22, 2010, 12:34:12 am »

If I want to delete a region then is there any other way to do it instead of deleting the region from the data/save folder? If I delete it from there then will some info about the region still remain that I could delete?

Devonus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: August 22, 2010, 12:40:37 am »

still waiting and wondering what "cannot grasp" dwarves can do, i'm eager to send him to his dea... "exploring" mission or getting him to work, i can't stand idle dwarves

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2792 on: August 22, 2010, 12:48:04 am »

Once again ignore me because I am a big jerk who forgets to read wiki articles
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:53:02 am by Seriyu »

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: August 22, 2010, 01:35:00 am »

One of my cavern layers is totally barren. Mud on the ground but no plants at all, which is a huge disappointment. How did this happen, and will breaching other layers populate it?

cakeonslaught

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: August 22, 2010, 02:10:25 am »

out of 22 dwarven children, i have only 5 males. What's going on?

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: August 22, 2010, 02:48:14 am »

Luck of the draw.
---

WOODEN BARS!
Those sons of bitches, clogging up my carpentry workshops.
where do they go!
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Devonus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: August 22, 2010, 04:08:58 am »

just a little pm to say EPIC QUOTE!!! just bc of the link XD so many good memories brought back in one little theme song i had completly forgotten about, and it linked to WISHBONE!!!! omg, i grew up on those two shows and sugar XD

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: August 22, 2010, 04:26:14 am »

Luck of the draw.
---

WOODEN BARS!
where do they go!

Bars/Blocks stockpile IŽd assume

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: August 22, 2010, 04:39:23 am »

Yeah, I know that, I was just wondering how long it would take to change on it's own, as I like embarking on young worlds anyhow, it really isn't a pressing issue, but I tried once to see how long it would take, I waited 1,000 + years and it still didn't change.

In DF 2010 it seems like it changes never, due to the strength of the titans (the age of myth would change, after the number of titans has dropped to a crtain percentage...unfortunately due to DF 2010 titans strengths there al most never seem to be enough heroes who are strong enough to seriously dimonish the titans population... instead of slowly dying out thanks to the influence of growing elven, dwarven and human civilizations, as it was before DF 2010, the titans themselves are usually the cause for one or several of these civilizations dying out ;) )

In 40d (and earlier) you could expect the age of myths to change within the first 1000 years (often even before 500)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: August 22, 2010, 05:39:43 am »

Luck of the draw.
---

WOODEN BARS!
where do they go!

Bars/Blocks stockpile IŽd assume

Yeah, you would assume that, but nooo, apparently wooden blocks aren't good enough to be placed in a stockpile!
---

Sadly i have never seen that show before, though i do have a faint recollection of that phrase... odd..
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Stalker-Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: August 22, 2010, 05:55:19 am »

So I made myself a test marksdwarf squad to cover my trap corridor and told all of them to carry 60 bone bolts.. Yet when I look at their inventory they carry something between 0-20 bone bolts. Ammo stockpile is right next to them with 700+ bolts waiting to be grabbed.. What's up?

Edit: How hard is it to edit the mike mayday tileset? The color of microcline is.. aggravating. Also iron and copper barrels look bit too hidious (and I got lots of them!). How would I go about changing all barrels into looking like wooden?

Edit2: When merchants bring <random creature> blood in a barrel, is it a drink or just blood in a barrel for some weird reason?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 06:10:02 am by Stalker-Dwarf »
Long as our business doesn't go sour, my word is gold.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: August 22, 2010, 06:50:00 am »

Edit2: When merchants bring <random creature> blood in a barrel, is it a drink or just blood in a barrel for some weird reason?

It is exactly the thing that it says, i.e. "real" blood, which wonŽt be drunk by your dwarves (unless maybe they have been bitten by a vampire :D )
One would assume that you could use it for prepared meals, as it is done in the real world (like blood sausage, or chocolate), but AFAIK at the moment this isnŽt pobssible yet, unless you edit the raws

ouroborus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: August 22, 2010, 07:11:13 am »

It seems that if something is put down on a tile that is adjacent to open space, the object falls off that edge. Is this normal behavior? Can an item, be damaged or destroyed if it falls far enough?
Well, if a dump zone is adjacent to open space, then dwarves will toss the item to be dumped into the open space rather than leaving it on the tile of the dump zone.  Is this what you are experiencing?  And as far as I know, an item will not be damaged by falling from a tall height.  It'll be destroyed if it ends up landing in magma if it is not made from magma-safe material.  And it'll be destroyed if it lands on semi-molten rock.
Yeah, this was the situation. Seems like an easy way to get stuff to lower levels quickly. Now if only the reverse were as easy.

ouroborus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: August 22, 2010, 07:37:14 am »

If I want to delete a region then is there any other way to do it instead of deleting the region from the data/save folder? If I delete it from there then will some info about the region still remain that I could delete?

There's no in-game way to delete a region. The data/save/* folders are the only game-usable data for regions. (There are, of course, the raws, but these are copied into the region folders when they're created and used from there.) There can be text, graphic, or xml files related to the region left over in the main directory, but these aren't usable by DF, they're just for information.

ouroborus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: August 22, 2010, 07:54:16 am »

So my very first Titan showed up. (At least I think it was a titan. A hill giant with several tails and made of white jade.) I had put up a moat and had 6 marksdwarves. After firing at it for a while, one of them apparently got sick of going back for more ammo and (taking advantage of a bridge I'd opened for some immigrants that showed up shortly after the titan had) instead bludgeoned it to death. (These things certainly don't seem to have a problem moving around or fighting with most of their extremities split open and broken.) Left over was 3 tails, upper body, lower body and some kind of item.

What is this item? It's named something like "[Titan's] white jade"? I looked around in the workshops and such, but I can't figure out what to do with it.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 1178