Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1120276 times)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2535 on: August 12, 2010, 08:58:38 am »

I'm not quite sure if this my question is under the right category but. Are there any 3D visualizers that work with 0.31.12? If not then what is the newest version that has a 3D visualizer working with it and is it possible to copy my current save to that version? (Actually after copying it just has to work enough for me to take a picture.)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: August 12, 2010, 04:57:59 pm »

There's Stonesense for certain. Dfize MAY work. You'll have to ask in the DFize thread for that. I think there's a new one, but I don't know much about it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: August 12, 2010, 06:09:25 pm »

My military recently killed his first forgotten beast and after butchering it i got [name] Scale items. According to the wiki i should be able to use them like normal leather but my dwarves refuse to do so. Is there any use for this stuff or is it junk like the nervous-tissue?

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: August 12, 2010, 06:41:46 pm »

Where in the military equipment screen do I assign quivers to a ranger dwarf?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Dahenk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: August 12, 2010, 06:46:22 pm »

If there are only a dwarf civilization on the "c" menu in game, does that mean that i will never see any ambushes/sieges/attacks from other races?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: August 12, 2010, 06:50:30 pm »

My military recently killed his first forgotten beast and after butchering it i got [name] Scale items. According to the wiki i should be able to use them like normal leather but my dwarves refuse to do so. Is there any use for this stuff or is it junk like the nervous-tissue?
it needs to be tanned first, if it doesn't get tanned, it will rot and be useless

Where in the military equipment screen do I assign quivers to a ranger dwarf?
they will pick them up automatically if they have a ranged weapon equipped.

If there are only a dwarf civilization on the "c" menu in game, does that mean that i will never see any ambushes/sieges/attacks from other races?
possibly, it also means you haven't had any contact with them, only the embark menu (the one where you select the location) you can press tab until the races come up, if it's only dwarves there then yes no ambushers/seiges/trading.
Nom nom nom

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: August 12, 2010, 06:55:02 pm »

Also, I can't figure out how to get my butchers to cut up a fresh corpse. I thought "butcher a dead animal would work", but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: August 12, 2010, 07:11:19 pm »

The corpse has to be close to the butcher's shop.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: August 12, 2010, 07:29:09 pm »

it needs to be tanned first, if it doesn't get tanned, it will rot and be useless

They neither want to do that. The tanners shop doesn't even display the tan hide job.

Leohoh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: August 12, 2010, 07:34:30 pm »

What i can do with the wild creatures caged by my traps? I can slaught them? Tame? What do for example, with a caged goblin?

timtek

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Tacos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: August 12, 2010, 07:40:59 pm »

What i can do with the wild creatures caged by my traps? I can slaught them? Tame? What do for example, with a caged goblin?
Caged goblins are good for killing. Build the cage in a room attach a lever and let your military have fun with them. There are lots of other ways to kill the little buggers.
My fortress brings all the dorfs to mah yard...

Aik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: August 12, 2010, 08:23:28 pm »

I'm not quite sure if this my question is under the right category but. Are there any 3D visualizers that work with 0.31.12? If not then what is the newest version that has a 3D visualizer working with it and is it possible to copy my current save to that version? (Actually after copying it just has to work enough for me to take a picture.)

To get Stonesense to work you need the file here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43260.msg1429665#msg1429665

Shorthanded

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: August 12, 2010, 08:46:11 pm »

I have a number of migrants who just seem to be hanging out on the border where they showed up, with no intention of moving, although occasionally they will sort of mill about.

As a test I assigned some nearby trees for them to chop down and gave some of them woodcutting, still nothing.

I have done a quick visual check and there appears to be a path (no rapids, chasms, moats, etc), as most of my outdoors is relatively undeveloped. In checking something occurred to me: The entrance to my fortress is above the migrants, but they would have to go downhill first, then back uphill to reach it.

I am not posting this to bugtracker yet because it seems possible that I am missing something, so does this seem like a bug or a feature?

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: August 12, 2010, 09:46:05 pm »

Do you have a meeting zone setup? A dining room will do. Lacking that a zone created with i and set the meeting hall works.

When migrants first arrive they try to go to a meeting. When it's over they stop flashing X.

If that's not the problem (ie: they aren't flashing x) there's another possibility. Jobs set with dwarf therapist don't work if they require tools. Known bug.

Nick

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: August 12, 2010, 09:52:14 pm »

The corpse has to be close to the butcher's shop.
So how can I move the corpses close to the shop?
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 1178