Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1120692 times)

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2175 on: July 25, 2010, 03:13:18 pm »

This one's been bugging me. When I first started playing DF I used the Dystopian Rhetoric ezpack with D.R. graphics and Guybrush tileset. In 2010 I tried using those same display settings but it didn't work - I think because the DR graphics haven't been updated for the new version. Is there any way I could get these graphics working in DF2010? I'm using the Mike Mayday graphics now and while nothing's wrong with them, I don't think I'll ever be able to truly get used to graphics other than the ones I started playing with.

Although I do really like the diagonal walls thing...I'll have to see about keeping a tileset that has those.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: July 25, 2010, 05:42:12 pm »

Is there a way to empty a barrel? Apparently they're all full of food, not drink, and I have no water on my map. My dwarves are going to dehydrate if I don't empty a barrell... Eek!

Cyntrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: July 25, 2010, 07:02:02 pm »

My poor, unconscious soldier isn't being brought to my hospital... I've got at least 2 idle people with "Recover wounded" enabled, and I've got a hospital (with tables and beds). What could be wrong?

Edit: He was eventually dragged to the hospital and being sutured, wooo! I have now idea what caused it to happen, though, and I was looking away at the time...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 07:22:10 pm by Cyntrox »
"[...] begin to seek immortality, the secrets of which they can receive directly from any available death god [...]" -Toady

DFPongo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: July 25, 2010, 07:34:44 pm »

Under what category to you equip with anvils?
doh, had to free up some cash to see anvils.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 07:36:44 pm by DFPongo »

Commiesalami

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: July 25, 2010, 08:00:06 pm »

Im having a bit of key binding trouble on my laptop keyboard.  The Delete/Backspace key doesn't actually delete text it only makes little triangles.  I'm using mayday's Tile-set manually installed on my mac if that is any help.

Also in Mayday's Tile-set is anyone else getting gypsum to be a completely black tile exactly the same as something that's hidden?

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #2180 on: July 25, 2010, 08:07:15 pm »

Is there a way to empty a barrel? Apparently they're all full of food, not drink, and I have no water on my map. My dwarves are going to dehydrate if I don't empty a barrell... Eek!

I'm not sure this will work, but one possibility:

Create a new food stockpile. Hit q, move the cursor over it and change the "max barrel" amount to zero. Deconstruct (part?) of the current food stockpile that has the barrels.

Also, don't forget you can make barrels out of metal. But you need magma or at least coal, and if you have no wood for barrels..
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: July 25, 2010, 08:24:50 pm »

If the stockpile idea doesn't work you could try forbidding all your barrels except one. Also all unbarreled food Your dwarves will have to take their food from that barrel, and it'll be empty soon. This'll take some micromanagement, tho, so be prepared.

The easiest thing to do is probably make a bunch more barrels, especially if you have access to metal ore, an anvil, and magma. Copper or iron barrels work fine, and if you're playing DF2010 you've got ore to spare.

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: July 25, 2010, 09:36:25 pm »

How does one unnassign war beasts? Further, how do I prevent said war animals from going into a burrow when I set an alert for civilians to go?

Solace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: July 25, 2010, 10:43:51 pm »

I made a pit, under which I built the entrance to a cavern (because why defend two entrances when I can defend one :P). However, asking dwarves to take anything out of the pit, copper ore or spider webs, causes "cannot access" spam. No burrows going on, and I know they can access the pit, because, well, it was dug, and they have no problem gathering up claimed items from dead goblins from in there.

Murgen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: July 26, 2010, 09:03:25 am »

Are dwarves still unable to use mauls and great axes?
The Gremlin punches The Dog in the head with her left hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
Monom Edtulsolon, Dog (Tame) has been struck down.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2185 on: July 26, 2010, 09:09:16 am »

How does one unnassign war beasts? Further, how do I prevent said war animals from going into a burrow when I set an alert for civilians to go?

You don't.  Once assigned to a dwarf war dogs (or war elephants, or whatever) can't be unassigned, and will follow their owners everywhere.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Fatty Limes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: July 26, 2010, 09:28:11 am »

so i have some goblins in some cages. If let them out of their cages in the caverns below my fortress and lock them in there, will i still get combat reports about the things they're doing/running into/being attacked by as they wander around?

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: July 26, 2010, 12:08:46 pm »

Do doors set to external raise the value of the room? Cause my tomb has two masterwork doors and I want to be able to flaunt them in the nobles' faces when they arrive.

Also are tame non-war animals hostile to enemies if they get close (cats, bulls, giant desert scorpions, etc)?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:29:12 pm by Double A »
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: July 26, 2010, 01:31:16 pm »

In 31.12, do dwarves with assigned bedrooms still just pick the nearest bed to sleep in regardless of who owns it?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: July 26, 2010, 01:32:28 pm »

Do doors set to external raise the value of the room? Cause my tomb has two masterwork doors and I want to be able to flaunt them in the nobles' faces when they arrive.

Also are tame non-war animals hostile to enemies if they get close (cats, bulls, giant desert scorpions, etc)?

No and Yes, respectively.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 1178