Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1120819 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2055 on: July 18, 2010, 05:33:48 pm »

Select up-down stairs. Hover the mouse over the point you want to designate. Click. Press > (shift+.). Click. Press >. Click. Press >. Etc.

Rayc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: July 18, 2010, 05:39:27 pm »

Select up-down stairs. Hover the mouse over the point you want to designate. Click. Press > (shift+.). Click. Press >. Click. Press >. Etc.

Wait, you can use the mouse in DF?

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: July 18, 2010, 05:49:58 pm »

Wait, you can use the mouse in DF?

Yeah. You can designate trees, mines, etc with it, and it helps a lot when changing the volume to off.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: July 18, 2010, 06:23:09 pm »

I don't really want to repost, but my last post was at the end of the other page.
If anyone had anything to say about it :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cheers.

Oh and I found a Forgotten beast, what do I do? :/
Its a Snow Blob named Bora.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: July 18, 2010, 06:43:23 pm »

kill it, they die  in 31.10

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: July 18, 2010, 08:18:33 pm »

Oh, fun.

One of my dwarves has just gotten a strange mood, and he isn't doing anything at all. He hasn't even claimed a workshop, he's just hanging around a meeting area.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

KrazyDocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: July 18, 2010, 08:40:27 pm »

Oh, fun.

One of my dwarves has just gotten a strange mood, and he isn't doing anything at all. He hasn't even claimed a workshop, he's just hanging around a meeting area.

I think this means that the building he wants does not exist (yet).  Try building a workshop that you do not yet have built.

KD

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: July 18, 2010, 08:41:41 pm »

I thought that if you didn't have the proper workshop, they'd use a different kind.

Whatever, I'll just build any shops I don't have. I hope it isn't a smithy...

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: July 18, 2010, 09:02:52 pm »

Well, apparently it is. Because I've built everything but a smithy or some of the things that make consumable goods (Farmer's workshop, still (probably should get one up anyway), leather wor-OH GODAMNIT)

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: July 18, 2010, 10:17:55 pm »

Ladde,
Type c. That brings up a list of civs you've had contact with.

How far along is your fort? Depending on the size of migrant waves, and a fort's level of Fun, a 41-dwarf fort could be two seasons old or twenty years. If you're past year three and you've met no gobboes there probably aren't any gobboes to meet.

As for military preparations, the following has always worked for me. My squads have their barracks at strategic locations. They are set to train there. Any migrant whose skills are primarily military goes in a squad. Civilian migrants with useless skills join up, too. Almost all of them spend their time doing "individual drill," and a good proportion become legendary fighters within a year.

Now for a question of my own:
In 40d an archer shooting from a tower had no advantage over a guy on the ground. IRL they'd have a major edge in range. Has Toady implemented this in DF2010?

I did a few tests. The guys a Z-Level up kicked ass in one of them, but the rest were inconclusive, largely because I cant tell dorfs in the arena to shoot two bolts.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: July 18, 2010, 11:47:18 pm »

AFAIK, the archer bug still hasn't been fixed, so they blindly charge into melee instead of doing their damn job.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: July 18, 2010, 11:53:33 pm »

No, they don't. THE ONLY PART OF RANGED COMBAT CURRENTLY BUGGED IN DWARF MODE IS TRAINING!
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: July 19, 2010, 12:01:49 am »

Really?

This means I can use them now?

AWESOME.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: July 19, 2010, 04:42:49 am »

I have this little "Feature"
Tundra, starting seven, sand underneath.
So I dig down and make a lot of huuge rooms.
And much to my surprise shrubs, and tower-caps are starting to sprout all over the fortress.
Is it supposed to happen?
I mean I didn't do anything, the whole z-layer is pure sand. No water, I didn't breach the cavern.
If it will be of importance: I set my parameters for all the caverns to be "100" on everything.
Maybe the water from the lower layers is soaking the upper levels? :D

DevEight

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: July 19, 2010, 06:44:38 am »

I currently have a population of 54 dwarfs, but there is still no Arsenal Dwarf position available. Any way to fix this?
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1178