Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1119829 times)

Cyntrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1875 on: July 13, 2010, 10:15:13 am »

Is it corner walls?
"[...] begin to seek immortality, the secrets of which they can receive directly from any available death god [...]" -Toady

coinich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: July 13, 2010, 10:15:49 am »

No, I always make sure to make sure those are built first so they don't get blocked off.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: July 13, 2010, 10:17:29 am »

Where are saves backed up to when you have autobackup on?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

MelianAlcarime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: July 13, 2010, 11:00:27 am »

I don't turn rock hauling off anyone except for my miners. Must be a bug then. =/ Looks like there's no way around it, I'll have to put my dining room someplace else. *sigh* And I had my fortress all planned out this time, too.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: July 13, 2010, 11:19:44 am »

Anybody know how I would modify magma to be close to the surface?
Volcanoes are too much of a hassle.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Osdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: July 13, 2010, 01:33:03 pm »

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]

Anyone know what the number indicates? a friend suggested it was the noble (0-5, expedition leader to monarch), but the wiki is not being helpful on what the number indicates as far as population levels go, I've personally just turned it down in an attempt to get a goblin siege, but i wanted to ask here in case, it cant be actually population related I don't think, since i have 120 dwarves and a proper war with the goblins.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 13, 2010, 03:23:33 pm »

What does temperature actually do besides freeze and unfreeze water?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: July 13, 2010, 03:36:33 pm »

light things on fire.
melt them.
boil them.
give heat damage.
burn their hands/feet/beards.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: July 13, 2010, 04:29:06 pm »

Just checked. They're not forbidden, and they're 4 Z-levels underground. =/ Is it a bug? Because don't dwarves also usually move rocks aside if they're blocking where a building is to be built?
Do you have a section of wall that isn't built yet?

Because the only time a dwarf won't move a rock to build a table is when that rock is destined for another job, and mostly that means construction. This would also explain why they aren't being dumped. They're in limbo and nothing will happen until you a) end the construction job using those rocks or b) remove the dump and wait for the construction to get done.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: July 13, 2010, 04:54:03 pm »

light things on fire.
melt them.
boil them.
give heat damage.
burn their hands/feet/beards.

So without temperature, there is no fire?

Well that's no fun! In either sense of the word!

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 13, 2010, 05:09:16 pm »

My criminals keep dying of thirst, despite the abundance of buckets, water source zones, and indoor wells. What the hell? The latest one even has a bucket with 8 units of water in his cell, but he died anyway.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 13, 2010, 06:21:02 pm »

How do I get rid of flies? Cats can't kill them. Magma can't kill them without destroying many dwarves, dogs, and booze in the process. The finger isn't working either.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 13, 2010, 06:30:11 pm »

How do I get rid of flies? Cats can't kill them. Magma can't kill them without destroying many dwarves, dogs, and booze in the process. The finger isn't working either.
Flies only appear over garbage.

So the problem is you're letting stuff rot. If it's rotting on the food storage pile you need barrels. If it's rotting in the fields you need farmers. If it's rotting in the dining room you need haulers to haul the trash out.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: July 13, 2010, 06:43:12 pm »

Thanks, I'll look for any rotting food and chuck it.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 13, 2010, 06:44:47 pm »

Hmm, I think I have a problem.

My civ has no important leaders.

That probably explains me getting 9 immigrants before winter. So... how do I encourage bow chicka wow wow?

Also, is there any way to see if the humans, elves, other dwarves, or even friendly gobbos are still around, short of abandoning, checking the site, and then starting again?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 06:46:25 pm by Double A »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 1178