Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1118882 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1680 on: July 07, 2010, 01:10:29 am »

No, it's not the wood. there's a bug with elf caravan carry capacities that I thought you'd run into.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: July 07, 2010, 01:18:11 am »

So... anyway. What's a good profit margin for them? 1k? 2k? 10k?

Also, I didn't meet with their leader or whatever, since I didn't know how. Could this be affecting my predicament?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 01:21:47 am by Double A »
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: July 07, 2010, 01:30:05 am »

No, liaison negotiations are irrelevant. The problem is that there's no way to know what a good margin is, because there are four or five skills that affect it on both sides of the table. THe other problem is is that it's giving you a weight message, not a value one.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: July 07, 2010, 01:31:12 am »

that phrase is only triggered when what you would give them is pushing things over their weight limit.

if you are not doing this, then it is a bug. One I've never encountered, so I can't help you there.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: July 07, 2010, 01:39:14 am »

Apparently, I was pressing O instead of T. Which kept the same message.

That was fun.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: July 07, 2010, 01:45:23 am »

That explains everything. Because you were offering, it didn't deduct anything from the weight of the caravan, which made you overwieght, but it showed a positive weight value because if you traded, you'd be fine.

Epacsten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: July 07, 2010, 01:56:11 am »

I've got a problem I've never seen before. New fortress. No burrows. No military.

I'm just digging, setting up farms, bedrooms, dining hall, workshops, and stockpiles.

Dwarves start going idle right where they stand. They aren't on break and there are available jobs. They change equipment if I switch them between woodcutting and mining, and they have to cross the entire fort to do so, but they won't go to meeting areas, or eat or drink. They eventually die.

I think it started happening after using the manager screen to request plant processing/weaving/dyeing and bag making. Once the production orders were completed was when I noticed it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 01:58:30 am by Epacsten »
Urist McMayor: "Uh, err, h-hello --"
Kung Ustruorgu: "BE ENGULFED IN CLOUDS OF LOCUSTS AND EATEN ALIVE, MORTAL, FOR I BRING GREETINGS FROM TRADING GUILD. THERE IS MUCH TO DISSCUSS REGARDING TRADE BETWEEN OUR NATIONS AND YOUR INEVITABLE DEATH CAUSED BY HORIBLE MUTILATION OF YOUR PELVIC FLOOR.
WE ALSO PROPOSE EXCANGE OF SILK SOCKS, COOKIES AND TOYS."

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: July 07, 2010, 01:57:49 am »

What version is this?

Epacsten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: July 07, 2010, 01:59:27 am »

Apparently 0.31.03
Kung Ustruorgu: "BE ENGULFED IN CLOUDS OF LOCUSTS AND EATEN ALIVE, MORTAL, FOR I BRING GREETINGS FROM TRADING GUILD. THERE IS MUCH TO DISSCUSS REGARDING TRADE BETWEEN OUR NATIONS AND YOUR INEVITABLE DEATH CAUSED BY HORIBLE MUTILATION OF YOUR PELVIC FLOOR.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: July 07, 2010, 02:02:54 am »

Update to the latest version. The earlier 31.xx series had some pretty severe pathfinding bugs.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: July 07, 2010, 02:45:21 am »

Ok, this is really bugging me. How do I target specific rooms full of stones to be moved, when I want to use the area for a non-stone-related stockpile, farm, etc? Currently, I can only use the levels above my river to not induce rage at the computer.

Epacsten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: July 07, 2010, 02:57:15 am »

d > b > d

Lets you mass designate stones (and anything else) to be dumped. Also allows you to use the mouse. Everything in the selected tiles will be dumped, which also makes it useful for stripping prisoners.

Set up a 1x1 garbage dump next to your mason's workshop. Then use d > b > c to reclaim so he can use them.

I never make large stone stockpiles. I only make small ones, right next to (or under) the mason's shop, and let other dwarves haul stones for him as he works. If the stockpile or garbage dump is directly below him and there are stairs right next to the shop, he will almost always use those before anything else.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: July 07, 2010, 03:03:53 am »

Huh, I already did that, but it didn't work. Except I didn't do the stone refuse pile... thanks!

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: July 07, 2010, 03:52:14 am »

I know caged animals can't breed, but can chained ones?

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: July 07, 2010, 03:52:37 am »

Yeah, I'm asking a lot of questions. Sorry. But there's a dwarven outpost liason wandering around my base. Any way to get rid of her or talk with her? The amperstand is very annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 1178