Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1118807 times)

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1665 on: July 06, 2010, 01:16:15 am »

Haha that's an amazing solution. Hopefully he gets his booze before he dies of dehydration.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: July 06, 2010, 01:36:38 am »

Er... what is the state of that bug where barrels are emptied to be placed on barrel stockpiles and the like?

He might end up with lots of "strawberry wine x10" on the floor, and empty barrels in his stockpile again. Is it no longer possible to go to the stockpile settings and designate booze storage and take from orders?

"q" in the default commands to get you started.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

heuristicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: July 06, 2010, 02:39:36 pm »

More of a general question, but what's the difference between the SDL and Legacy versions?

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: July 06, 2010, 03:00:23 pm »

So since I'm using a Mac for DF, my "backspace" key is labeled delete. I think this is causing DF to register it as delete on a Windows (ie, delete next in line, or in this case, make a triangle in text boxes).

Is there any way for DF to actually use my delete key like it was meant to be used? Most of my Dwarves' nicknames are full of triangles.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: July 06, 2010, 05:10:35 pm »

Bump
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: July 06, 2010, 05:23:36 pm »

This sounds a little more complicated than it should be. Something seems off in your description.

However, your question is easily answered: you can simply shift the keybindings around in the escape menu.
The sigs topic:

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: July 06, 2010, 09:33:37 pm »

More of a general question, but what's the difference between the SDL and Legacy versions?

The SDL versions use a much-improved graphics engine that runs faster and provides a number of new features, such as being able to zoom and resize the DF window on the fly. (Essentially the same as the 40d11-40d16 versions. The legacy download is a version without those features implemented but all other bugfixes and feature changes that were made in that version, and will only be available until all the bugs are sorted out with the new graphics code.

Edit:
Double A: Do not bump. It's rude and impatient.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:35:42 pm by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: July 06, 2010, 10:54:42 pm »

Edit:
Double A: Do not bump. It's rude and impatient.

Yea, I was going to overlook it, but he's right. There is nothing good to be said for bumping your own question two hours after you posted it. Generally everyone here is so easygoing and forgiving that we won't think twice about others' breaches of etiquette, but if you are concerned with being polite and fitting in then you should keep some things in mind: all work answering questions is voluntary and topics are reviewed at leisure by members of the community.

You will often see instant replies during busy hours, but expecting or even demanding them can lead to rude behavior and awkward situations.
The sigs topic:

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: July 07, 2010, 12:42:19 am »

Sorry, I just got annoyed that I couldn't backspace.

For an unexperienced trader, what is a good trader profit? Right now I got it at 1150 gold (and 157 weight to spare), but they say "I wish I could take so much, but my animals..."

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: July 07, 2010, 12:48:11 am »

That means you're over what the caravan can hold in weight.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: July 07, 2010, 12:50:34 am »

But it says "Allowed weight: >100."

Currently it's over 200 for 2k profit. Do they want MORE!?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: July 07, 2010, 12:57:50 am »

I think you're reading the amount backwards, and you're 157 kilos over the limit. "I wish I could take so much, but my animals..." means that the animals cannot carry as much as you're giving them.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: July 07, 2010, 01:01:36 am »

No, that's not the problem. If I add a horse in a cage (750 pounds) from them, it adds to the weight number. Plus it's not in red.

How much profit do they generally want, with a novice negotiator on my side of the table?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: July 07, 2010, 01:05:21 am »

Are you trading with the elves, by any chance?

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: July 07, 2010, 01:07:21 am »

No, it's the first caravan.

I know enough that trading wood with the elves is a bad idea though.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 1178