Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1117386 times)

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1245 on: June 21, 2010, 06:44:22 pm »

I've gotten odd results when I "q" over the workshop sometimes. Occasionally it will not show all the desired items in the same order, or at all. For example, one time I will look and it shows
wood->stone->gems->wood->stone
so I look away. But if I had kept looking, I would also have seen the leather, which didn't show the first time since I looked away too early.
My point: doublecheck the desired items, thoroughly.
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

bertolini

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 21, 2010, 11:52:42 pm »

Why do my sick dwarfs go to my hospital and then 'Rest' on the floor instead of the bed?

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 22, 2010, 12:00:23 am »

You know how to cats drag vermin and various other corpses into your fort?
Well, my brother who also plays the game has about seven cats so you can see the dilemma!
We were wondering if there was a way to auto-dump these corpses every time they are dropped.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 02:16:34 am by xDarkz »

Executer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: June 22, 2010, 04:14:05 am »

You know how to cats drag vermin and various other corpses into your fort?
Well, my brother who also plays the game has about seven cats so you can see the dilemma!
We were wondering if there was a way to auto-dump these corpses every time they are dropped.
Designate a stockpile outside as "Garbage" and "Refuse" and your dwarves should clean them all up.

Nighteyes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 22, 2010, 04:24:55 am »

Why do my sick dwarfs go to my hospital and then 'Rest' on the floor instead of the bed?

Check that you have beds within the Hospital Zone and that you haven't blocked them some how ie walled them off. And that they aren't being used by healthy dwarfs that want to sleep, or by other sick dwarfs.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: June 22, 2010, 04:33:32 am »

Is there any way I can force my cooks to butcher an animal corpse as soon as possible? I killed a ton of Elk Birds, and I want those corpses butchered before they rot.
Are those corpses in a refuse stockpile? They'll only be butchered once they're in a pile first. Then just disable all other labours on your butchers and build more butcher shops if need be with more butcher dwarves.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1251 on: June 22, 2010, 04:41:08 am »

I posted this question a while ago but it doesn't look like anyone ever answered so I'm giving it another shot: can someone explain the resolution settings on the new version for me?  I can't seem to find them anywhere.  I just want a square font with a bigger screen (I have a pretty big screen resolution and the default is way too small for me) and I can't figure out the settings.  I keep getting big chunks of the screen chopped off or hidden or stretched and whatnot.

Thanks!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 22, 2010, 05:38:40 am »

I believe with the new versions you can just drag one corner to resize the whole thing.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 22, 2010, 07:56:22 am »

Hey guys, I just got back into DF after having played the .40D version over a year go, and I can't figure out how to add the magma features back to the finder option. I've tried the old [SHOW_EMBARK_M_PIPE:FINDER] in both the init and d_init.txt (though I can't seem to figure the difference between the two, either).

Its interesting trying to pick up everything after quite a few changes, but I love the progress the game has been making so far. So much more depth; something that more games should have.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

snooptodd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 22, 2010, 08:03:00 am »

I posted this question a while ago but it doesn't look like anyone ever answered so I'm giving it another shot: can someone explain the resolution settings on the new version for me?  I can't seem to find them anywhere.  I just want a square font with a bigger screen (I have a pretty big screen resolution and the default is way too small for me) and I can't figure out the settings.  I keep getting big chunks of the screen chopped off or hidden or stretched and whatnot.

Thanks!
You cant force the font(tileset) square in this version. You need to use a square tileset like curses_square_16x16.png or look on the wiki for a tileset you like. Then you can set the grid size or the resolution you want in the init.txt

snooptodd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 22, 2010, 08:06:09 am »

Hey guys, I just got back into DF after having played the .40D version over a year go, and I can't figure out how to add the magma features back to the finder option. I've tried the old [SHOW_EMBARK_M_PIPE:FINDER] in both the init and d_init.txt (though I can't seem to figure the difference between the two, either).

Its interesting trying to pick up everything after quite a few changes, but I love the progress the game has been making so far. So much more depth; something that more games should have.
there is magma on every embark. you will have to dig for it tho. if you want easy access look for a volcano it looks like a red ^ in the region view.

Konrad von Richtmark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 22, 2010, 08:12:29 am »

Hospitals need boxes built to store the stuff, if you haven't already, try building a wooden chest or stone coffer on the hospital zone. Also, try turning auto loom off in "o"rders, your loom might be stealing it all before the hospital can.

I already have 4 chests and 2 bags in the hospital, shouldn't that be enough. And I don't have any loom.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 22, 2010, 08:32:22 am »

Hospitals need boxes built to store the stuff, if you haven't already, try building a wooden chest or stone coffer on the hospital zone. Also, try turning auto loom off in "o"rders, your loom might be stealing it all before the hospital can.

I already have 4 chests and 2 bags in the hospital, shouldn't that be enough. And I don't have any loom.
How big is that hospital? I once went for 30 chests/bags and only then was I satisfied the hospital was properly stocked. Said hospital had maybe 10 beds and 1 traction bench, plus a built-in well.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Konrad von Richtmark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 22, 2010, 08:40:28 am »

4 beds, 3 tables and 1 traction bench, that's all.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1259 on: June 22, 2010, 08:49:31 am »

Not enough.  Make the hospital bigger and add more chests.  I try to have at least 10 to start with, and more over time - my current fortress hospital has about 30.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 1178