Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1117237 times)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #930 on: June 05, 2010, 05:04:18 pm »

Probably doesn't count as a 'proper' room unless it has a door.

Pretty sure it helps keep dwarves happy at any rate.

Vehine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 05, 2010, 05:35:59 pm »

Is Hunting currently bugged? I can never keep track of all the bugs.

I have several hunters by now; all with some sort of ranged weaponry (I heard that was bugged too!), all with the Hunting labor enabled, all with the Hunter title, all with an Ambusher skill. But they just... don't do anything. Getting some leather of my own would be nice.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 05, 2010, 05:41:07 pm »

Is Hunting currently bugged? I can never keep track of all the bugs.

I have several hunters by now; all with some sort of ranged weaponry (I heard that was bugged too!), all with the Hunting labor enabled, all with the Hunter title, all with an Ambusher skill. But they just... don't do anything. Getting some leather of my own would be nice.

did you tell them what ammunition to use? it's a screen in the ammunition section of the military menu.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Need_More_War!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 05, 2010, 06:27:02 pm »

When will goblins first attack my Fort? So far no baby snatchers or thieves or anything and its been a year..

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 05, 2010, 06:55:04 pm »

When will goblins first attack my Fort? So far no baby snatchers or thieves or anything and its been a year..
When you get to a certain population (20 IIRC), you can get snatchers.

Sieges depend on fortress wealth.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 05, 2010, 07:00:31 pm »

I have a stupid military question. I have squads, and an Arsenal Dwarf. My troops are equipped with axes, except for the one guy who insists on using a silver dagger. They have armor. They have no jobs. They are officially activated, set to train when 4 guys are ready, and they have a barracks.

In past games when I've done this the guys have least stood around in the barracks "preparing to watch demonstration" or something like that, but this squad had "no job."

So I am confused.
This was unswered so I'm re-posting it.

And I have another question:

I just managed to buy breeding pairs of Cougars and Scorpions from the Elves. I want to know when I can expect a crop of little ones. Where is that info in the raws?

culwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 05, 2010, 07:29:23 pm »

I just managed to buy breeding pairs of Cougars and Scorpions from the Elves. I want to know when I can expect a crop of little ones. Where is that info in the raws?
Animals in cages don't breed.
And exotic animals won't breed without a Dungeon Master (bugged in 2010).

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 05, 2010, 08:45:14 pm »

They're chained.

Has anyone recieved a Dungeon Master yet in DF2010?

zergl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 05, 2010, 08:52:36 pm »

They're chained.

Has anyone recieved a Dungeon Master yet in DF2010?

Apparently so, at least someone claimed they did in the Dungeon Master talk page on the wiki and I know of at least one claim of someone getting a dungeon master (and the DM actually working) in the notes of a bugreport on the tracker.

Although I'm not aware of anyone figuring out its exact criteria for arrival yet. Apparently it's not directly linked to the Baron, according to the account on the wiki (coming as immigrant at 50 pop, no baron).
Since nobody knows when he's supposed to turn up, it's hard to tell when he should or if it's bugged or not.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 05, 2010, 09:12:26 pm »

What does "Misc. Object User" do? Apparently it is one of the jobs in the job assignment menu.

INSANEcyborg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 05, 2010, 10:39:44 pm »

Is there any purpose to giving your bedrooms doors, other than aesthetics?
Everyone seems to use doors for a minimalist bedroom (even 1x1 rooms), but I just build mine as 1x3 rooms with no doors (just bed, cabinet, coffer).
Seems like it saves space and you don't have to waste time building all those doors.

Dwarfs can get a happy thought from having their own door, especially if its of a good quality.  Also, they can be locked to seal the room.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 05, 2010, 10:53:04 pm »

One of my dwarves was taken by a fey mood and after taking a mountain of items into the bowyer's workshop, he demanded that I bring him rock bars and logs. Logs are obviously not going to be hard to get, but rock bars mystify me. I can not find anything in the game that falls into the category. The wiki says that rock bars could mean several different things. How am I supposed to figure out what he wants before he goes insane?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 05, 2010, 11:02:32 pm »

You can use the mason's shop to make stone blocks.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 05, 2010, 11:08:28 pm »

He doesn't want stone blocks. According to my stocks, I have 62 of them yet he hasn't touched one. This is why I'm confused. If that is what he wants, I don't understand why he hasn't taken on already. If it's not, then I don't know what he needs.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 05, 2010, 11:10:42 pm »

He doesn't want stone blocks. According to my stocks, I have 62 of them yet he hasn't touched one. This is why I'm confused. If that is what he wants, I don't understand why he hasn't taken on already. If it's not, then I don't know what he needs.

It always seems to be metal bars, for me. I figured it out, when I checked the "bar" stockpile menu, and found all types of stone listed.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 1178