Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1123075 times)

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #465 on: April 21, 2010, 07:42:58 pm »

There IS a way to make some random blocks combust into syndrome giving gas.  See this post for details on black lung syndrome of coal mining!
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

cyclotis04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 21, 2010, 08:27:31 pm »

Why are there multiple sorts of cave fish and cave lobsters? What's the difference?

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 21, 2010, 09:07:15 pm »

Why are there multiple sorts of cave fish and cave lobsters? What's the difference?
The form that the genitalia takes.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 21, 2010, 10:40:46 pm »

And yet, the game will always insist: Embark preparations could not be completed...
missing cave fish? pshaw, they're always right there in the list.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

culwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 22, 2010, 04:19:35 am »

<-- total noob  ???
How do I make green glass floors?  Glass doesn't seem to be an option from the build floor menu...

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 22, 2010, 04:34:20 am »

Make green glass blocks, then construct blocks as a floor.

culwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 22, 2010, 04:43:32 am »

ohhhh... that makes sense!  thanks!

MTJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 22, 2010, 09:19:46 am »

Q: I just created a squad from my starting dwarves, planning to train few of them then...

I formed Squad, set few dwarves to it, assigned a room to be training area. I didn't touch schedule or anything at all. Now I have all of my dwarves doing the individual training and I can't get them do their work anymore. I've tried destroying the squad, removing the barracks, reassigning a different squad... nothing helps, now all of my 7 little dorfs are just training, drinking and eating.

Is there a way to stop this madness?

I have the latest version.

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #473 on: April 22, 2010, 09:30:43 am »

Q: I just created a squad from my starting dwarves, planning to train few of them then...

I formed Squad, set few dwarves to it, assigned a room to be training area. I didn't touch schedule or anything at all. Now I have all of my dwarves doing the individual training and I can't get them do their work anymore. I've tried destroying the squad, removing the barracks, reassigning a different squad... nothing helps, now all of my 7 little dorfs are just training, drinking and eating.

Does anything get done?  Sometimes their job status says individual training but they'll do other stuff.  Check your alerts screen, make sure they're inactive.  Also check the squad screen.  You're sure you haven't set them to move somewhere or kill something?

As for me, I just had a human caravan run into a goblin ambush.  The guards drove them away, but the pack animals seem to be leaking goods.  I've had some food dropped, as well as raw green glass, none of it marked as forbidden.  Hmm...a new way to freely obtain goods?

MTJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 22, 2010, 10:27:40 am »

Does anything get done?  Sometimes their job status says individual training but they'll do other stuff.  Check your alerts screen, make sure they're inactive.  Also check the squad screen.  You're sure you haven't set them to move somewhere or kill something?

Nope, nothing gets done. I've followed them and all they do is train and eay+drink and I've double checked alerts (and I've destroyed the squads so there's no schedules or anything) anyways, that's gone already gave up the fortress as I ran out of food + drinks due to lack of workforce

Mortesphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 22, 2010, 12:05:29 pm »

Does editing individual regions raws have any affect on games in that region?

Dewar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 22, 2010, 12:42:27 pm »

Nope, nothing gets done. I've followed them and all they do is train and eay+drink and I've double checked alerts (and I've destroyed the squads so there's no schedules or anything) anyways, that's gone already gave up the fortress as I ran out of food + drinks due to lack of workforce

Known bug, Military dwarves won't go back to a civilian life, no fix that I'm aware of.

ElChad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 22, 2010, 08:07:18 pm »

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I have a partial theory on Acid Rain. Correct me if I am wrong, but rain is suppose to get rid of blood correct? Dwarves seem filled with blood. There must be some sort of glitch or effect that rain gets into the body thus does it's job, only on the inside of a poor dwarf.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 22, 2010, 09:42:34 pm »

The reason for "acid rain" is known and has been fixed. We're waiting on the release now!
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 22, 2010, 09:44:58 pm »

So I made this fortress, my game crashed, all but the beginning was deleted.

Well, that's a start. So, I decided to abandon and reclaim it.

Is there a faster way to pick up all the items then k>f on every single object?

d>b>d>c

or

(once you have sufficiently accurate stock records) you can unforbid all of the certain items at once.

Thanks for the help :D
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 1178