Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1122913 times)

JujuBubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #360 on: April 14, 2010, 02:17:23 am »

Here is what the wiki says :)

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Magma_safe

I tried orhoclase and alunite and it worked pretty well so far :)

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 14, 2010, 02:27:07 am »

1) What dwarves need leadership and what does this skill do?
2) Is there a way to limit the amount of z-levels on world creation? 100+ is too many for me.
ArkDelgato: Why is my house filled with vomit.
nahkh: Why ISN'T your house filled with vomit?!

Dewar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 14, 2010, 02:31:57 am »

Is there any way to set up a burrow and tell civilians to NOT enter it? I've got some touchy fishmen that I'm not able to take out with my military quite yet, but they seem to be happy enough staying in their little area. I'd like to make sure no one disturbs them.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 14, 2010, 07:26:28 am »

Oh, my bad. Didn't think that the wiki was that cutting edge yet. ;)
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 14, 2010, 11:07:54 am »

1) What dwarves need leadership and what does this skill do?
2) Is there a way to limit the amount of z-levels on world creation? 100+ is too many for me.

there is, check the world creation menu... the thing is that you will have to do with less caves, or no hidden fun stuff. look for no. of cavern layers=3 set it to 0 or 1, look for magma layer=yes set it to no, look for bottom layer(forces magma)=yes, set it to no. there's also a few options that controll the no of z levels between feature layers, but these are all already at minimum exept for z levels above layer 0=5 or something

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 14, 2010, 11:46:04 am »

My expedition leader just bled to death, yet there is no combat log report involving him and no news reports - except the one reporting his death. There were no wild animals or nasty creatures around. I looked in the health status screen and he wasnt shown with wounds or anything.

Is there any other way to find out how he died?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #366 on: April 14, 2010, 12:14:49 pm »

My expedition leader just bled to death, yet there is no combat log report involving him and no news reports - except the one reporting his death. There were no wild animals or nasty creatures around. I looked in the health status screen and he wasnt shown with wounds or anything.

Is there any other way to find out how he died?
You can press 'r' to see if there are any combat reports.  My guess however is that you are suffering from the 'acid rain' bug where your dwarves melt in warm climates.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 14, 2010, 12:17:51 pm »

What profession was the leader?  Maybe it was an occupational accident.

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 14, 2010, 01:02:17 pm »

He was a mechanic, and if it was acid rain - it didnt effect the fisherman who was out there. Its very strange. Only thing I can think of is he stepped in some blood of a forgotten beast I had recently killed, and got some weird bleed effect syndrome from it. Still I'd like to know for definate

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 14, 2010, 01:57:17 pm »

IIRC, acid rain only affects those who are already hurt in some way. In this case, I think the syndrome from the blood caused the acid rain to hurt him and not the fishers.

Baron Of Hell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 14, 2010, 02:35:11 pm »

If I have some enemies in a pit without exits will they starve or die of thirst?  I'm redesigning some murder rooms and need to know if I have to use cages to keep them alive until I'm ready to fight them. If I don't need the cages I will just throw them down the pit.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 14, 2010, 02:43:11 pm »

If I have some enemies in a pit without exits will they starve or die of thirst?  I'm redesigning some murder rooms and need to know if I have to use cages to keep them alive until I'm ready to fight them. If I don't need the cages I will just throw them down the pit.
At the moment, only your dwarves need to eat or drink.  (And they do so even in cages, apparently.)
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Kazuhiro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 14, 2010, 03:00:03 pm »

I'm having a problem that, I gather, other people are having as well: Hunters. My hunters aren't doing their thing. I have my "Militia Commander" set to try his hand at hunting (none of my dwarves actually have skill at hunting) and he's carrying around an +iron crossbow+ and I told him to equip iron bolts from the military screen, but he refuses to gear up and go hunt goats. What gives?

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 14, 2010, 03:01:36 pm »

Ok what the fuck is Native Copper?  My leader keeps mandating the construction of such 'Native Copper' goods, but all I can get is Copper.  Have build plenty of Copper goods to no avail.  He wants it native.  What the hell?
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 14, 2010, 03:57:15 pm »

"Native Copper" is a form of copper ore.  It's a rock, one of the rocks which can be smelted into copper, and may or may not be present on your map.  He wants goods made from the ore, not the smelted metal.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 1178