Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1122818 times)

LemmingKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 10, 2010, 08:55:39 am »

Well I took out black space so it is no longer centralized, but now its just too huge.. covers the whole screen. I cannot find the right resolution with my 1920x1080 monitor.

Also does anyone know why the dwarf icons change from smilie faces looking things to smilie faces with beards randomly?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 09:16:53 am by LemmingKing »

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 10, 2010, 09:47:53 am »

A: I heard shells count as body parts, but I have never even seen a shell so I don't really know. 

Q: I just embarked next to an (cold, good) ocean and its frozen and covered in snow.  Assuming it thaws, can I expect to find sea creatures in it? 

Finally! thank you...
confirming...
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Leperous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 10, 2010, 09:57:33 am »

has anybody yet seen where you find bones and shells in the stockpiles menu?
I think (i.e. I am not sure) that you define the type of creature, rather than the bodypart type here, so you might want to try "turtle" from the top list.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 10, 2010, 10:12:56 am »

Well I took out black space so it is no longer centralized, but now its just too huge.. covers the whole screen. I cannot find the right resolution with my 1920x1080 monitor.

Also does anyone know why the dwarf icons change from smilie faces looking things to smilie faces with beards randomly?
That's how you tell a true dwarf from a spy!
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 10, 2010, 10:38:58 am »

That's how you tell a true dwarf from a spy!
No you needs to use fire MAGMA
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 10, 2010, 12:57:32 pm »

In 40d you could re-size the DF window at will. I loved that feature, because it meant I could see all of a battle at the same time. Unfortunately Toady isn't planning on adding that feature to .031 for a week or three.

I never needed my entire screen (1280*800). Half or a third was the max. Try 400*400 for a half-hour.

As for your dwarves changing icon, it sounds like the game is switching from fullscreen to windowed mode for some reason. In a window the dwarves are smiley faces, fullscreen they've got beards. If that's not the problem perhaps some of the resolution modding you've done has confused the game. Undo it and see if that fixes it. Either that or your F11 key is stuck.

Nick

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 10, 2010, 01:00:17 pm »

I think that happens because you used 2 different tilesets: curses_640x300 (which is the one with smilies, and appear when running in windowed mode) and curses_800x600 (which is the one with the beards). You just need to try different resolutions and find which one you like the most, for example I play in 820 x 400 with black space because that way the tiles are not stretched and the dwarf fortress window is small.

EDIT: what he said ^

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2010, 02:59:18 pm »

Anyone know why I can't see all the gems laying around my fort in the "Trade Goods Available to be Moved" screen? I know they are forbidden.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2010, 06:07:58 pm »

I think (i.e. I am not sure) that you define the type of creature, rather than the bodypart type here, so you might want to try "turtle" from the top list.

Yah that does work, actually.  Terrible way to do things though.  You'd have to enable every single fish/animal/etc type but then you'd be getting kitten paws, livers, and all sorts of weird crap that you don't want in your bone stocks.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2010, 06:21:35 pm »

COMFIRMED

To seperate turtle shells from other refuse and to save them inside your fort, TURN OFF turtle in the corpse and body part sections of tyour main refuse zone. BUT LEAVE ALL THE ITEM TYPES ON.

Then make another refuse zone and turn off everything BUT turtle in the corpse and body part sections. Your dwarves should then move all shells from the refuse zone that has turtle DISABLED, too the refuse pile that HAS turtle enabled.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2010, 07:30:04 pm »

Does it no longer show water levels?  I don't mean the 7s and 5s as the graphic set for the water, I'm just talking about in the 'k' menus, it'd tell you how full it was.  I don't even get that any more.

Edit:  Oh nevermind, it's there, just in a REALLLLLY dark blue.  Have to practically put my nose against the monitor to read it.  Anyway to change the text color?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 08:47:49 pm by Shiv »
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2010, 08:11:32 pm »

Do weapons and armor I mod in get automatically added to the blacksmith's forge or do i have to create a whole new custom workshop for them?

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 10, 2010, 09:11:06 pm »

Do weapons and armor I mod in get automatically added to the blacksmith's forge or do i have to create a whole new custom workshop for them?

Probably better to ask this in the modder section of the forum. Your more likly to get a response.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 10, 2010, 09:52:22 pm »

Will do. Thanks anyway.

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #314 on: April 10, 2010, 11:59:56 pm »

My bone carver is screaming for logs, body parts and tanned hides.   I've got logs and leather, is he wanting a specific body part?  The wiki lists "body parts" as wanting bone, but I have a ton of those lying all over.  Any suggestions?

Also, one of my recruits had a mood and became a legendary stonecrafter, but he won't stop doing individual training to make crafts.  I removed him from the squad, then deleted the squad entirely.  Is this a bug?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 1178