Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1122734 times)

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #240 on: April 07, 2010, 02:33:01 am »

Dunno if this is a spoiler or not, but I'm gonna stick it in one, just in case.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any suggestions?  Interestingly, he's also listed in the creatures screen as being friendly, same as caravan dwarves, rather than hostile like the rest of his kind.  Perhas this has something to do with all the announcements?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 03:07:03 am by Jhoosier »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 07, 2010, 03:41:42 am »

You can change announcements in one the init text files, so that him renaming his spear is worthy of a notification, nothing more.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Jonlissla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 07, 2010, 05:42:27 am »

I guess nobody knows how to make the playing screen bigger?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 07, 2010, 05:53:37 am »

In the DFfolder\data\init folder, there is a text fil called init.txt. In that there is a bunch of graphics settings, which can be tinkered with to give the desired sizes. I won't go into detail on how to do it, but if you look on the DF wiki (I would suggest searching for tilesets and going from there), you should be able to find directions.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Jonlissla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2010, 06:01:47 am »

In the DFfolder\data\init folder, there is a text fil called init.txt. In that there is a bunch of graphics settings, which can be tinkered with to give the desired sizes. I won't go into detail on how to do it, but if you look on the DF wiki (I would suggest searching for tilesets and going from there), you should be able to find directions.

That's the total size of the screen. What I mean is the little screen where you actually get to see things, not the black colour that is around it.  :)

kurokikaze

• Bay Watcher
  • Man of the black wind
    • View Profile
    • Mechanical World
« Reply #245 on: April 07, 2010, 06:08:56 am »

That's the total size of the screen. What I mean is the little screen where you actually get to see things, not the black colour that is around it.  :)

Try to disable BLACK_SPACE in init.txt
It's black as pitch 'cause we're trapped by our violent souls
In a deep mine, where deep rhymes won't keep my self-control
Too many foes, we feel snakebit, and we won't take it
Enemies need their face hit, we goin' ape shit!

Jonlissla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 07, 2010, 06:33:11 am »

Well, that didn't do much.

Here's a pic to show what I mean:

kurokikaze

• Bay Watcher
  • Man of the black wind
    • View Profile
    • Mechanical World
« Reply #247 on: April 07, 2010, 06:42:49 am »

Well, that didn't do much.

Here's a pic to show what I mean:

Oh, if you're using graphics, try disabling GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE.
It's black as pitch 'cause we're trapped by our violent souls
In a deep mine, where deep rhymes won't keep my self-control
Too many foes, we feel snakebit, and we won't take it
Enemies need their face hit, we goin' ape shit!

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #248 on: April 07, 2010, 07:03:03 am »

You can change announcements in one the init text files, so that him renaming his spear is worthy of a notification, nothing more.

Thanks!  I think it helped.  As I was reading it, DF crashed and after making the adjustments I restarted back to before that point.  It hasn't happened again, so perhaps he got stuck in a loop.

Now for a cooking question:  what's up with dwarven syrup? Dwarves bring barrels of it to the kitchen and stand around like they're cooking it, then they leave.  Now I have 10 dwarven syrup, and 20 dwarven syrup just sitting in the kitchen.  The description says it's a stack of 10 or 20 dwarven syrup, but not roasts/biscuits.  Looks like they've cooked it, but nobody's taking it anywhere.

As well, I've been processing valley herbs I buy off the elves.  I wondered why the vials were just sitting around in the workshop.  While it's just listed as a green glass vial, it has golden salve inside.  Still salable to caravans, for a good price too.

Garrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Facebook.com
« Reply #249 on: April 07, 2010, 08:38:18 am »

Now for a cooking question:  what's up with dwarven syrup? Dwarves bring barrels of it to the kitchen and stand around like they're cooking it, then they leave.  Now I have 10 dwarven syrup, and 20 dwarven syrup just sitting in the kitchen.  The description says it's a stack of 10 or 20 dwarven syrup, but not roasts/biscuits.  Looks like they've cooked it, but nobody's taking it anywhere.

cooking with liquids is a reported bug.
They empty the barrel out and end up with a puddle. Which they find hard to cook with  :P
Is there any way to remove mud outdoors?
Yea, use dirt roads to clear off the mud.
Garrie.

Garrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Facebook.com
« Reply #250 on: April 07, 2010, 08:39:44 am »

Can either
a) burrows overlap (ie: one tile belong to more than one burrow) or
b) dwarfs be assigned to multiple burrows (eg: allow food haulers to drag stuff from a central kitchen to every burrow in Dwarfdom so the artisans never have to leave their home-workshop).
Is there any way to remove mud outdoors?
Yea, use dirt roads to clear off the mud.
Garrie.

sjaakwortel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 07, 2010, 10:57:37 am »

How can i keep my dwarfs inside when i get attacked, and how t f do i get the military working like the old days ?
Quote from: Greep on May 08, 2010, 07:55:20 pm
do dwarves move any slower when using the stairs?
Compared to falling? Yes.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 07, 2010, 05:30:11 pm »

How can i keep my dwarfs inside when i get attacked, and how t f do i get the military working like the old days ?

Designate burrows, there's no 'Dwarves go inside' command anymore.

And to get military to working like the old days, go back to the old days. The new military stuff in DF2010 is not an option.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 07, 2010, 07:40:04 pm »

This isn;t about DF2010 per se, but how do I post pics on here so people can see them? I know there's some photo site out there but I'm not sure where? I'm sure this has been answered but I can't find the thread anywhere.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 07, 2010, 08:05:02 pm »

Will my dwarves ever heal broken bones without a cast, or will they be bedridden until the plaster stocking bug is fixed?
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 1178