Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1122752 times)

Hangedman

• Bay Watcher
  • Here, at the limit of this quiet world
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2010, 09:32:41 am »

Since the new version, my tileset now shows engraved walls with the images of what has actually been carved on them. I find this pretty annoying and confusing when my dining room walls suddenly becomes a ring of trees and barrels. How would I go about editing this to put them back to the older depiction of engraving?

I believe it's in 'init.txt', there is an option to hide wall engraving details about halfway down.
No, I am not ready to embark, thank you very much

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 06, 2010, 09:45:21 am »

Thanks for the quick reply

[ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:YES]

I changed this to 'yes' in my init, it seems it will only effect future engravings rather than ones i've already done. Better that nothing though,  thanks.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:51:02 am by kendo »

opsneakie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 06, 2010, 10:03:44 am »

I believe there's a designation option to toggle engravings off, which should help for the ones that are still on from before you changed the init option. It's called 'hude engravings' or something like that, I think. Sorry I can't be more specific at the moment.
Collosal bronze man
With titanic strides he comes
Dwarves he will harvest

DF Twitter

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 06, 2010, 10:42:18 am »

Since the new version, my tileset now shows engraved walls with the images of what has actually been carved on them. I find this pretty annoying and confusing when my dining room walls suddenly becomes a ring of trees and barrels. How would I go about editing this to put them back to the older depiction of engraving?

'd' -> 'a' -> designate your engravings
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 06, 2010, 10:47:31 am »

to everyone finding hunters cant hunt - they need a quiver or they wont carry bolts. as in previous versions, hunters seem to grab wooden or bone bolts (mine did once i gave him a quiver), but you can set them now to accept metal ones.

its been posted twice in this thread so far. confused me a whole lot as well, in the old version a dwarf would carry a stack of bolts in his/her hand, and failing that would run out and bash elks and deer to death with the empty crossbow.

this thread lists a bug that also stops hunters from hunting, although im yet to encounter it -
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=53156.0

my question is somewhat relevant to nicks. i cannot find out how to create refuse piles that will accept only bones and turtle shells. in previous versions i would have an indoor stockpile that would be full of bones and shells which would take from the outdoor stockpile after corpses and the like had rotted away. there no longer appears to be bones, shells or skulls on the refuse item menu, yet shells are definately making it into the refuse stockpiles outside.

anyone figures that one out and i will be eternally gratefull, i want my bones and shells indoors so they dont dissapear next season, if that still happens now.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 06, 2010, 10:52:27 am »

Is item size not relevant anymore? Goblins seem to be carrying <just> copper armour not narrow or small
@Cheshire cat: they don't disappear anymore that i know a least.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 10:54:33 am by darius »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 06, 2010, 10:53:03 am »

how do you make creatures thermonuclear explode in the new version... I want those damn cats to DIE!!!
Nom nom nom

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 06, 2010, 10:58:25 am »

i believe i know the answer to that:
Go to raw/objects/Creature_domestic

find CAT

[CREATURE:CAT]
scroll down to this:
   [HOMEOTHERM:10070]

and change it to something crazy. like, 9000000000.
if DF crashes, change to something lower.

Reason: HomeoTherm looks like the word for warmblooded.
the number is quite probably the inner temperature.
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 06, 2010, 11:26:21 am »

ah thanks... also IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!
Nom nom nom

Maulrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 06, 2010, 11:35:08 am »

Can DF2010 be expected to lag significantly more than 40d? On 40d, I'd always have 100 FPS immediately after embark; now, I'm getting pretty annoying lag right off the bat.
puppywhirrrrrrl

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 06, 2010, 11:47:12 am »

I'm also getting a considerable amount of lag with the new version when I had none/no-over-the-top la with the last version.

I heard that there were accelerators that worked for the old one, do they work for for DF2010 or is there a newer one out?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Ahp77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 06, 2010, 11:49:02 am »

Maulrus: Not that I'm aware of. For me it hasn't lagged at all. However, I always get wiped out on the first hostile invasion (I'm a noob!).

My question:I'm having trouble building stairs in DF. The game says I can't place the up/down stairs on the level below because it is hidden.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 06, 2010, 11:50:23 am »

I'm also getting a considerable amount of lag with the new version when I had none/no-over-the-top la with the last version.

I heard that there were accelerators that worked for the old one, do they work for for DF2010 or is there a newer one out?

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51957.0

First sticky thread in the general discussion area...
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Maulrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2010, 12:02:17 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51957.0

First sticky thread in the general discussion area...

YESSSSSSSS, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Getting completely stutter-free gameplay now, and loading/saving no longer freezes my whole computer for a few minutes!
puppywhirrrrrrl

Scuzzmuggler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2010, 12:06:55 pm »

Hey,

I've got a grasp on the military screen, I've got my squad equipped and training... except I can't seem to figure out how to get my marksdwarves to actually equip the quivers that I've produced.  Arsenal dwarf is doing his job, I've got ammo assigned.  I've looked through the uniform options, and can't seem to find Quivers anywhere in there.  Help would be most appreciated.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1178