Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1122589 times)

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2010, 12:39:36 pm »

Well, I checked legends on a different copy of the save, and the civilization does exist, and is perfectly intact. Yet, I have a theory. Do caravans and migrants actually move across the world map? If they do, maybe I have a fortress that's far away from the main mountainhome, and it takes longer for the caravan to reach me.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2010, 12:42:54 pm »

Alright, so-I looked under underground and cave sites and all that and i still can't find it. Can someone provide me a screenie of what it looks like on the 'T'ravel map? As well as the letter to press on the Travel map to find the directory to look for a cave.

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2010, 12:45:30 pm »

How do i assign my carpenter to my workshop?

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2010, 12:51:58 pm »

Alright, so-I looked under underground and cave sites and all that and i still can't find it. Can someone provide me a screenie of what it looks like on the 'T'ravel map? As well as the letter to press on the Travel map to find the directory to look for a cave.

snow-templar

• Bay Watcher
  • I just write the scripts for the kiddies.
    • View Profile
    • If I ever have a site, it will most likely be here...
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2010, 01:05:13 pm »

So I noticed you can embark with sand.  And I remember that in previous versions, you could gather an infinite amount of sand from a single sand tile.  So is it possible to embark with sand and dump it on a tile to get an infinite amount of sand?  And if so, how do I dump a powder from a bag?
#!/usr/bin/ruby -w
print 'carp... F'
loop { print 'U' }

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2010, 01:05:36 pm »

Where is the date? Now (at least in my df),it doesn't appear in z (status)...

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2010, 01:08:04 pm »

How do i assign my carpenter to my workshop?
I think you need a manager first.

snow-templar

• Bay Watcher
  • I just write the scripts for the kiddies.
    • View Profile
    • If I ever have a site, it will most likely be here...
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2010, 01:20:30 pm »

Where is the date? Now (at least in my df),it doesn't appear in z (status)...

Umm... I still see it there.  Just look at the upper left corner where it shows your fortress name and look right on that same line of ASCII characters.  I see it on mine and says 7th Granite, 1051, Early Spring.
#!/usr/bin/ruby -w
print 'carp... F'
loop { print 'U' }

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2010, 01:40:16 pm »

weird...I can't see it...hmm...I'll see what I can do...thanks

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2010, 02:00:42 pm »

It's been mid spring for ages in my fort and I'm not sure if it's an fps thing because my dorfs are running around pretty quickly.
Anyone else stuck in time?

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2010, 02:27:09 pm »

How do I get my militia commander to pick up her battle axe? I have 'steel battle axe' under both (W)eapons and (U)niform and a perfectly good, unforbidden steel battle axe two tiles away and she won't pick it up!
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

Randomone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2010, 03:06:25 pm »

How would I edit the raws to make all the ore and gems a little less abundant?
Sorry if this was asked before, I'm in a hurry and don't have time to check the forums.

Edit: Turns out I have more time than I thought. Still can't find an answer to my question, but now I have another question. Are carp still evil little fish that can slay a full-grown cow in 10 seconds? I have yet to encounter them (both in DF2010 and 40d :o) and I imagine the new tissue system helps that problem.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 03:48:22 pm by Randomone »
When it crashes the game, its a bug, when it causes mass homicide, its a feature.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2010, 03:19:16 pm »

I tried to chanel a moat. Eventually I realized that to get a real moat I also needed to remove the ramps channeling makes, so most of my moat is now a ditch. But there are also about 20 squares of ramp filled with water.

I assume this is fine because the AI doesn't pathfind through water, and I'm only in trouble if an intruder falls into the moat, because he could climb out into my fortress. Am I right about that?

Nick

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2010, 03:23:18 pm »

So I noticed you can embark with sand.  And I remember that in previous versions, you could gather an infinite amount of sand from a single sand tile.  So is it possible to embark with sand and dump it on a tile to get an infinite amount of sand?  And if so, how do I dump a powder from a bag?

No. If you embark with 1 bag of sand then all you get is a bag with 1 sand in it - just as if you'd told a dwarf to collect sand using a bag.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2010, 03:29:01 pm »

I'm curious to know if you have to keep irrigating farms, or do you just need to do it once?

I've got a new fort (the last one: overrun by goats...), and I've just gotten some farm plots set-up.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 1178