Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1116939 times)

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #9990 on: March 24, 2011, 02:26:54 pm »

damn...guess i'll be embarking and abandoning alot -.-;;

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #9991 on: March 24, 2011, 02:53:45 pm »

damn...guess i'll be embarking and abandoning alot -.-;;

You could always always adventure about as an adventurer. Most iron is sticking out of some hill, so go explore!

That's how I found my site with iron and marble on it. Now all I'm missing is coal for a perfect steel industry :/
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: March 24, 2011, 02:59:11 pm »

Where do ceramic bricks show up in stockpiles? I'd like to make my city walls out of clay, due to lack of sand for glass and difficulties making obsidian, which requires a stockpile, but I can't find any "earthenware/ceramic" option. Stone, glass, and metal blocks are available, but nothing clay. This makes it quite difficult to organize anything.

Edit: They're under metal, between adamantine and onyx. Damned if I can tell how someone could make gem blocks, or why they'd want to.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: March 24, 2011, 03:03:18 pm »

jesus christ >.< i downloaded .22, metal EVERYWHERE my embark had all 3 ores of iron, and atleast one ore of copper right on the side of the mountain lol

BUT the acii burned my eyes lol, is there any graphics packs that are kinda like ironhande that work with .22?

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #9994 on: March 24, 2011, 03:14:07 pm »

Holy crap....does anyone have experience with frozen blood? I haven't been paying attention, but my mountain is currently covered in frozen raccoon blood. If blood freezes, does it turn into a tile of 7/7 blood when it thaws? O.o

Also, my migrant wave of 19 is taking a month thus far to get on the map. They're spawning on a ramp, but I've never had them take this long. They just come in, sit around for a week or two, then move so the next person can follow suit.

Plants gathered have been left out to whither, orders are fine labors are fine there is two stockpiles with room for them and idlers :/

My militia commander got his foot broken by a panda. I built some buckets and crutches, assigned a hospital zone with a bed, assigned a chief doctor and checked feed patient/recover wounded labors. 10 idlers and not one person would bring him a drink, food, or take him to a bed :/

I ported a save from 31.19 to 31.21 to 31.22. I have no clue what's wrong.

Edit: Never mind, it would appear that all of my up/down staircases turned into down staircases. Almost all of them anyways, weird.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 04:17:11 pm by tolkafox »
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: March 24, 2011, 04:00:16 pm »

Where can I find a list of all egg-laying creatures in DF?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: March 24, 2011, 04:15:58 pm »

Also, my migrant wave of 19 is taking a month thus far to get on the map. They're spawning on a ramp, but I've never had them take this long. They just come in, sit around for a week or two, then move so the next person can follow suit.

Plants gathered have been left out to whither, orders are fine labors are fine there is two stockpiles with room for them and idlers :/

You've locked your migrants and plants out.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: March 24, 2011, 04:36:32 pm »

Blood freezes into chunks. It's not really anything to worry about although you'll have trouble cleaning it up.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #9998 on: March 24, 2011, 05:09:57 pm »

Here:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: March 24, 2011, 05:38:38 pm »

Here:

I'm curious - how did you get these? I'm currently in the middle of writing a C# project to extract this same information (in addition to egg and clutch size. My holdup is figuring how to parse all the files at once, instead of one at a time).

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: March 24, 2011, 05:38:56 pm »

Also, reply 10,000!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #10001 on: March 24, 2011, 05:47:41 pm »

Here:

I'm curious - how did you get these? I'm currently in the middle of writing a C# project to extract this same information (in addition to egg and clutch size. My holdup is figuring how to parse all the files at once, instead of one at a time).

I have written a series of Python scripts for the purpose of extracting data from the DF raw files.  The above list is the output of a script I wrote which simply scans the creature files and makes a list of every creature with a specified tag.  I also have put together some scripts for calculating butchering returns, breeding value, and egg-laying returns for all the creatures in the raws.  It's pretty simple to do that kind of thing in Python.  This code isn't exactly in a format where I'd feel comfortable publishing it, but the random plant script I created does use a lot of the same code.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: March 24, 2011, 06:10:49 pm »

Great dwarven minds think alike, it would seem. Though I don't know python, so C# it is!

Edit: I might postulate that Crocodiles would win in the breeding regard. Clutch sizes of 20-70 (regular) and 20-60 (cave)? Oy vey...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:34:56 pm by veok »

ishmog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: March 24, 2011, 06:37:31 pm »

I don't know if this is a little question or a bug or mistake or what:

I just used the alert/burrow restriction feature for the first time to get everyone underground during a siege and it worked great... only the slow died. Goblins were beat back, siege ended, the entrance is all clear. So, I went back in and set the civilian alert level back to "Inactive" (which, I checked, has no burrow associations at all). But none of the dwarves are leaving the burrow to get back to work. If I attempt to construct something outside the burrow area that was associated with the previous alert level, I get a message saying "No access to door" or similar. So it seems like the restriction is still active, even though the civilian alert level is inactive.

Can anyone think of anything else I might be doing wrong? I have not set up any other burrow restrictions or assignments to any civilian dwarves. The alert has been inactive for almost a game month now and no one is budging from the burrow. Does it just take longer? Or is it a bug?

Thanks!

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: March 24, 2011, 06:42:34 pm »

Is it possible to make anything out of scales?
Memento Mori
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1178