Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1115267 times)

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #6015 on: December 14, 2010, 07:26:25 am »

there is a stockpile BETWEEN THEM AND THE ENEMY.

There is a current bug (it's been reported on the tracker) that marksdwarves do not pick up bolts that have been hauled to a stockpile. Not even if you delete the stockpile afterwards. It's like the bolts somehow become invisible once a hauler picks them up. In order to work properly, the marksdwarves have to go to the workshop (or forge) and pick up the fresh bolts.

As a workaround, I've been building craftsdwarf's workshops in my towers, on the floor just below the fortifications and archery range, then have that workshop, and only that workshop, make bone bolts. It seems to work - all my bone bolts are consumed by training at the archery range.

there's another bug that marksdwarves don't respect bolt material assignments for training/combat - i.e. they will happily use up all your metal bolts at the range, and shoot bone bolts at goblins, despite your C or T setting in the ammunition screen.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: December 14, 2010, 09:25:48 am »

about 3 dwarven civs with the same name... do they show the same mountainhomes in the screen?

well I suggest you report this bug. but save and copy the world  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: December 14, 2010, 01:11:05 pm »

In adventure mode, how do I re equip my iron shield? I tried the wear button but it tells me i can't wear anything

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: December 14, 2010, 01:14:48 pm »

Maybe you are already holding 2 things in your hands? Check your inventory and if it shows that your both hands are full then [d]rop the item you don't want to haul in your hand. Then wear or just pick up your shield and then if you want the item that was in your hand earlier.

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: December 14, 2010, 01:25:54 pm »

no, I dropped the iron shield, and cannot equip it anymore (yes, I picked it up again)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #6020 on: December 14, 2010, 01:47:51 pm »

You don't Wear a shield, you just hold it in your hand.  If you have a weapon in one hand and a shield in the other, you don't need to do anything else to use the shield as a shield.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: December 14, 2010, 01:54:42 pm »

okay :p

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: December 14, 2010, 04:04:56 pm »

I have 2 questions. 

1:  Why have immigrants stopped coming?  My parent civ isnt dead, and waves have gotten smaller and smaller and have now stopped.  Why is this and how do i fix it?

2:  Why wont my dogs and cats breed anymore?  Other animals still breed but my supply of war dogs is running out.  Idc much for the cats those pesky mind controlling fur bags, but id like to know why they wont breed.  Their not caged and i have plenty of males AND femals.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: December 14, 2010, 04:06:38 pm »

1. Did you hit your pop cap?  It's at 200 by default, unless you've modded it.

2. Each animal has a maximum number (I think it's 50) at which point no more pregnancies will occur until the total population of that animal drops below that number.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: December 14, 2010, 04:13:17 pm »

1. Did you hit your pop cap?  It's at 200 by default, unless you've modded it.

2. Each animal has a maximum number (I think it's 50) at which point no more pregnancies will occur until the total population of that animal drops below that number.

1:  No i have 101 Dwarf

2:  Thanks a ton!  Im 99.99999% sure that that was the problem^^
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: December 14, 2010, 04:30:08 pm »

In that case, the mountainhome must not be impressed with your fortress.  Give your next Dwarven caravan a huge profit, and make sure they make it off the map intact.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: December 14, 2010, 04:37:11 pm »

In that case, the mountainhome must not be impressed with your fortress.  Give your next Dwarven caravan a huge profit, and make sure they make it off the map intact.

wait...i have to allow the traders to return home ALIVE?....god damn it...

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: December 14, 2010, 07:10:32 pm »

about 3 dwarven civs with the same name... do they show the same mountainhomes in the screen?

well I suggest you report this bug. but save and copy the world  :D

Each civilizations has it's own capital and distinct borders, though the three do align in a continuous wall of hamlets along the same mountain range. I'm just going to pretend that the smaller two are provinces of a quasi-Roman, Dragon Age-esque dwarven empire. :P

And I'll report it!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: December 14, 2010, 08:14:19 pm »

For the beard-tingling fear of Armok WHY do my dorfling archers NOT attack the sniggering goblins not ten tiles away?

"Cannot follow orders?"  What?  A least some of them have quivers, and there is a stockpile BETWEEN THEM AND THE ENEMY.  I even pretended to understand the opaque military menu and gave them combat access to every bolt ever created in the entire past, present, and future of all possible universes!

Good grief, I remember when the military was "primitive" and "imprecise" enough to actually use...

Help!  I have, not one, but TWO hordes of darkness.  On top of each other.  I think they're breeding.

this post is so sigworthy, i salute you. as is your next one. *kneels before awesome typing skills*
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #6029 on: December 14, 2010, 10:51:20 pm »

Can a N/S axle that runs into a W/E axle transmit power, or would I need a gear assembly between them?

Never mind....dwarfit, should of brought more stone :/

Screw pumps won't build on floor hatches? I read that hatches under a pump in a pump stack is an effective on/off switch, or does there need to be a machine under the hatch in order for it to work?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 10:58:42 pm by tolkafox »
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1178