Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1092248 times)

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4980 on: November 11, 2010, 07:00:18 pm »

Ah. Okay, thanks :3
Will those saplings ever turn into choppable fungiwood?

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: November 11, 2010, 07:09:01 pm »

So, about my aquifier. I found quite a large area where it changes levels (it's also only a 1z, so I shouldn't flood my fort or anything). My question is, if I have dig into the aquifier on both z's, will the upper layer drain into the second layer? I realize it wouldn't permanently clear away or anything, because I'm sure the water would drain as fast as it got created, but this is purely out of curiosity.

edit: You know how if you build a staircase out of the ground, and the "bottom" will be considered ouside or whatnot? What happens if I were to go up a z and build a roof before the staircase? Would the subterranean stair tile stay subterranean?

No, they normally turn tower caps too.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:15:06 pm by Double A »
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: November 11, 2010, 07:15:54 pm »

Alright another wrestling question, whenever I try to do something after I've grabbed a part of someone, it just says "You adjust your grip on Urist's *body part*" and t doesn't do anything
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: November 11, 2010, 07:25:07 pm »

That means that your opponent is too strong/large far you to wrestle with it properly.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: November 11, 2010, 07:25:13 pm »

Alright another wrestling question, whenever I try to do something after I've grabbed a part of someone, it just says "You adjust your grip on Urist's *body part*" and t doesn't do anything

You could always equip a platinum hammer.

Hey guys, how well does a platinum hammer work against Talos?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: November 11, 2010, 08:01:07 pm »

That means that your opponent is too strong/large far you to wrestle with it properly.
So if I become better at wrestling will I be able to wrestle larger opponents?
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: November 11, 2010, 08:11:02 pm »

Back to building destroyers- if I build a tower, and there is a door connecting it to the outside on the second level, and I build a ramp in front of the door to provide outside access, would it be endangered?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: November 11, 2010, 08:17:28 pm »

So if I become better at wrestling will I be able to wrestle larger opponents?
Only to a certain extent.
Tossing dragons and tearing the arms off a giant will forever be outside your reach, sadly.
Back to building destroyers- if I build a tower, and there is a door connecting it to the outside on the second level, and I build a ramp in front of the door to provide outside access, would it be endangered?
Maybe, but I don't think so.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: November 11, 2010, 08:26:29 pm »

:/

Ok, so, can I pump from a staircase?

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #4989 on: November 11, 2010, 08:46:57 pm »

I want 'reclaimed old fortress from goblins' to be part of urist mcadventuretime's repertoire, but I can't seem to find my old fortress. Is there a way to travel to your old fortresses, or are they marked by a special symbol? Also, the dwarf mode and adventure mode maps look similar, but not exact copies which makes it even harder.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: November 11, 2010, 09:29:11 pm »

Old fortresses are the same symbol as all dwarven fortresses (in .16), but if you remember the name you may find it it your locations list.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: November 11, 2010, 09:29:28 pm »

I want 'reclaimed old fortress from goblins' to be part of urist mcadventuretime's repertoire, but I can't seem to find my old fortress. Is there a way to travel to your old fortresses, or are they marked by a special symbol? Also, the dwarf mode and adventure mode maps look similar, but not exact copies which makes it even harder.

Try finding it on the embark map, look at the location in the square, and search the area. It's more or less a hit or miss.

edit:

So, does anyone have a solid answer for this?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:39:32 pm by Double A »

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #4992 on: November 11, 2010, 11:05:06 pm »

If your dwarfs can path to it, then I would imagine building destroyers/thieves will path to it as well. Couldn't hurt to test it out though.
Of course, it would be more dwarfier to extend the floor of the second floor out a bit and build some stairs down with a hatch cover over it. Ramps are for elves.

The problem I'm having with finding my fortress is the embark map and the adventure mode map (when you choose your race/civ) look completely different. My fortress was built on a small mountain between two oceans, one of which formed a perfect cross on the left. When I try to look for this in the adventure mode, there appears to be more water than in the embark mode and nothing looks the same. The general map (three large land masses surrounded by oceans) is there but specific formations aren't.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:09:30 pm by tolkafox »
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: November 11, 2010, 11:08:26 pm »

If your dwarfs can path to it, then I would imagine building destroyers/thieves will path to it as well. Couldn't hurt to test it out though.
Of course, it would be more dwarfier to extend the floor of the second floor out a bit and build some stairs down with a hatch cover over it. Ramps are for elves.

True... I'll just use stairs and a hatch cover.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: November 12, 2010, 08:23:16 am »

Yes, they will grow into a tree of the appropriate species. Likewise, you can gather the bushes that sprout up.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 1178