Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1090805 times)

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4875 on: November 09, 2010, 01:05:05 am »

Sorry if this is common knowledge (but the search function here is a little too inclusive), BUT;

Mugging elves by tossing them a little way with a bridge and looting their spilled merchandise, when I notice a big red C

My clothier is beating an armourer around the head in the dining room, and then wanders away to carry on hauling.  I have far more use for an armourer than a clothes maker, but have no idea what happened.  Is it just unhappiness? Love triangle? Ever any warnings for this, or do I have to keep an eye on the happiness meter in DT?

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: November 09, 2010, 01:31:14 am »

Sorry if this is common knowledge (but the search function here is a little too inclusive), BUT;

Mugging elves by tossing them a little way with a bridge and looting their spilled merchandise, when I notice a big red C

My clothier is beating an armourer around the head in the dining room, and then wanders away to carry on hauling.  I have far more use for an armourer than a clothes maker, but have no idea what happened.  Is it just unhappiness? Love triangle? Ever any warnings for this, or do I have to keep an eye on the happiness meter in DT?

Either a bit of tantruming, or your mayor mandated something to be made (probably armour of some sort) and when it wasn't completed, he chose that armourer as being at fault. Your clothier was dispensing justice the dwarven way.

Anyway, I got a dwarf in hospital who got on the bad side of an extremely pissed off Elk Bird. She's got sensory and motor nerve damage, she can't stand, and she's in extreme pain. What's the quickest most efficient way to put her out of her misery?

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: November 09, 2010, 02:31:16 am »

death? :P

you could try removing all the beds in the hospital, making a small room with a bed, designating it a hospital so they'll put her there, shut it tight, flood it good. cave-ins, ballistas should work as well. i think if they cant bring her water she'll die quick anyway though.
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: November 09, 2010, 03:13:53 am »

Well, she's walled into the hospital. alone, in pain, and left to die of thirst. Not a nice way to die. I'm gonna build a new hospital, one complete with a system which will allow me to drop rocks from above onto each bed in case this ever happens again. How many z-levels does a rock have to fall to be instantly lethal to whoever it lands on?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4879 on: November 09, 2010, 08:41:43 am »

How many z-levels does a rock have to fall to be instantly lethal to whoever it lands on?
Falling objects don't do any damage.  A cave-in will kill if it falls even a single Z-level, but those are trickier to set up.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: November 09, 2010, 09:04:11 am »

How many z-levels does a rock have to fall to be instantly lethal to whoever it lands on?
Falling objects don't do any damage.  A cave-in will kill if it falls even a single Z-level, but those are trickier to set up.

Hmm, Project: Kavorkian Skylight might need some work.

Komus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: November 09, 2010, 09:43:08 am »

When a raising bridge Y=3 is raised, how high is it (Z?)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: November 09, 2010, 10:06:24 am »

hinthint it's the same for all of them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

only in df
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Mortiss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: November 09, 2010, 11:44:58 am »

Do stones and other junk on the tile slow down the flow of water?

I have a problem with tower-caps growing over my drainage system and blocking the flow of single tile channels, so I put the floors everywhere to prevent that. What about other items?
"You are not going crazy! You are going sane in the crazy world!"

SandehBear

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: November 09, 2010, 12:33:19 pm »

After concluding trade deals, how do I ensure that my things are brought back to stockpiles and not left at the trade depot? I have yellow trading next to most of my things and I'm not sure whether that's because I've traded them and are no longer mine or if that's because they're now at the depot, don't know if I should leave them like that or deselect, and if I do so, whhether dwarves will come and take them back. Any help?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: November 09, 2010, 12:36:00 pm »

Do stones and other junk on the tile slow down the flow of water?

I have a problem with tower-caps growing over my drainage system and blocking the flow of single tile channels, so I put the floors everywhere to prevent that. What about other items?
Nope, it's just trees.
After concluding trade deals, how do I ensure that my things are brought back to stockpiles and not left at the trade depot? I have yellow trading next to most of my things and I'm not sure whether that's because I've traded them and are no longer mine or if that's because they're now at the depot, don't know if I should leave them like that or deselect, and if I do so, whhether dwarves will come and take them back. Any help?
If you are finished trading, deselect those items in the depot, and they will be retrieved.

Mortiss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: November 09, 2010, 12:38:42 pm »

After all trading is done, I just unmark items in the Trading menu and haulers take them back to the corresponding stockpiles.
All these items are yours. I assume that unless you seize items they do not show up on the right hand side list. (I have not stolen from Elves.. yet)
"You are not going crazy! You are going sane in the crazy world!"

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: November 09, 2010, 01:32:55 pm »

Can the queen currently come?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile