Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1118021 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4530 on: October 23, 2010, 06:32:28 am »

Awesome, thanks.

And since it was brought up, when did Toady fix archery?

edit: Ok, nevermind, I found curses, but still, if I change the size to something from... anything... does it mess up my saves?

Also, which set do I change?

Nowadays it doesn't really matter much between windowed and fullscreen (because of automatic resizing). When I use a non-default tileset, I set one to standard so I can switch back and forth. There is zero chance of it messing up your save.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #4531 on: October 23, 2010, 09:41:59 am »

I have corpse of dwarf child in my fort and no one cares to bury it, or dump it. They just go pass it happily. Could it be related to the fact that I'm playing reclaim fort and that dwarf died pre reclaim.

No, its not forbidden.

Yes, dwarves do have access to it, they walk over it all the time.

Yes, I do have empty coffins assigned to be used for dwarf burial, and I do have garbage pile and they both work well.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: October 23, 2010, 10:14:41 am »

Awesome, thanks.

And since it was brought up, when did Toady fix archery?

edit: Ok, nevermind, I found curses, but still, if I change the size to something from... anything... does it mess up my saves?

Also, which set do I change?

Nowadays it doesn't really matter much between windowed and fullscreen (because of automatic resizing). When I use a non-default tileset, I set one to standard so I can switch back and forth. There is zero chance of it messing up your save.

Great, but which size do I change? 640x360, or 800x600, and by what? I'm gonna guess that I would change 800x600 to either 600x600 or 800x800, but what would be "normal" which shows up in screenshots on the wiki etc?

I have corpse of dwarf child in my fort and no one cares to bury it, or dump it. They just go pass it happily. Could it be related to the fact that I'm playing reclaim fort and that dwarf died pre reclaim.

No, its not forbidden.

Yes, dwarves do have access to it, they walk over it all the time.

Yes, I do have empty coffins assigned to be used for dwarf burial, and I do have garbage pile and they both work well.

Maybe they don't see it as high priority? You could use a graveyard stockpile, though. That might get it moved.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: October 23, 2010, 11:08:50 am »

There are, by default, two graphics files in the art folder. curses_640x300.png and curses_800x600.png. One of the settings is for use in windowed mode and one is for fullscreen. The "default" is not to touch those at all. Nowadays, they should automatically be square UNLESS you have zoomed the display with the mouse wheel. Scroll with the mouse wheel until they are square for you.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: October 23, 2010, 11:15:19 am »

But... but... I LIKE zooming in!

All the way!
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: October 23, 2010, 11:17:28 am »

Then you'll have to live with them being rectangles or downlaod a new tileset.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: October 23, 2010, 11:34:03 am »

:(

All right, I'll try to zoom out a little. But you're sure there isn't a way to make them square zoomed in?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4537 on: October 23, 2010, 01:17:59 pm »

Objects which are tasked for any job when you abandon are unusable for any purpose when you reclaim.  Putting a body in a tomb or graveyard stockpile counts as a task.  You can free the corpse for burial by channeling out the ground underneath it, causing it to drop a Z-level, which will reset the 'tasked' flag.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: October 23, 2010, 01:30:21 pm »

Oh, this is great. I need to zoom 10 clicks of the mouse out before stuff is remotely square.

You know, where you can't see anything? Yeah, that's the place.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: October 23, 2010, 03:30:01 pm »

What can merchants carry more of, metal bars or ore?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #4540 on: October 23, 2010, 04:15:55 pm »

Objects which are tasked for any job when you abandon are unusable for any purpose when you reclaim.  Putting a body in a tomb or graveyard stockpile counts as a task.  You can free the corpse for burial by channeling out the ground underneath it, causing it to drop a Z-level, which will reset the 'tasked' flag.

Okay very random, but I'll try. O.o
Thanks
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

petebull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: October 23, 2010, 05:59:34 pm »

metal bars, ore is !heavy!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4542 on: October 23, 2010, 06:41:40 pm »

They only seem to want to carry at most four of any one object.  If for example you needed iron and you could only get it from traders, you'll want to request iron and one of each type of iron ore to get the maximum they will bring.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

GJScarritt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: October 23, 2010, 09:28:05 pm »

You would also order/buy all of the Iron/Steel objects to melt down.  Every little bit helps.
They only seem to want to carry at most four of any one object.  If for example you needed iron and you could only get it from traders, you'll want to request iron and one of each type of iron ore to get the maximum they will bring.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: October 23, 2010, 09:31:39 pm »

How do you build over a pit exactly? I've been thinking of making a 'special' little "room" over the hole into the volcano. I had tried building a bridge, then building floors at the end of it but that made a cave-in.

Am I supposed to just build bridges connecting each other or something?
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 1178