Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1122906 times)

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #375 on: April 14, 2010, 06:03:28 pm »

Not exactly sure about it anymore,
but AFAIK copper bars made from a metal ore would count as goods made from that ore
in past versions.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 14, 2010, 06:10:20 pm »

but a copper bar made from malachite wouldnt count as native copper product, you'd have to smelt it from native copper

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #377 on: April 14, 2010, 06:38:52 pm »

No.  Smelting copper bars out of copper ore of any kind will satisfy a "make copper item" mandate, but smelting anything out of native copper won't satisfy a "make native copper items" mandate.  You need to have a mason or stonecrafter make something stone out of the native copper ore rocks.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 14, 2010, 08:09:22 pm »

i thought as much, but i was just following proteus' line of thought

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 14, 2010, 09:20:56 pm »

Ah, well, it's a good thing I don't have a justice system in place yet, because I've certainly no Native Copper that I've run across yet.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

stretch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 14, 2010, 11:17:51 pm »

When you start building bedrooms, do you have to assign the bed to a Dwarf or can you make some beds and let the dwarfs take their pick?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 14, 2010, 11:33:45 pm »

you need to make bedrooms out of the beds, but after that your dwarves will pick their rooms themselves if they sleep in an unassigned room

note that at this point theres a bug and your dwarves will sleep in any bed regardless of its owner

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 15, 2010, 12:09:14 am »

Anyone gotten surgeries to work yet?  I've had them diagnose, suture, and bandage but can't get them to do surgery.  I have traction benches, tables, bandages, soap, crutches, splints, cloth, thread, and so on but they either cancel (the injured dwarf gets up and goes to eat) or simply hover over the patient until the doctor cancels (goes to eat).  What are they waiting on?  What am I missing?

Also will one traction bench do for the whole ward or do I need one for each individual surgery?  And do they have to be placed near the beds?
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Garrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Facebook.com
« Reply #383 on: April 15, 2010, 03:41:41 am »

note that at this point theres a bug and your dwarves will sleep in any bed regardless of its owner
Was I imagining it, or does this bug lead all my dwarfs to sleep in the same bed... at the same time...?
Is there any way to remove mud outdoors?
Yea, use dirt roads to clear off the mud.
Garrie.

Mr.Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 15, 2010, 06:21:56 am »

This is more technical, but how can I increase the resolution and grid count properly?
If you use the latest versions, you can:
1) mouse-drag the window edge to change its size.
2) use mouse wheel to zoom out.
3) press ctlr-F10 and use mouse wheel to zoom in (it changes modes)

I tried all of these methods for resizing and none of them worked. Any pointers? I have tried changing window mode font and resolution but it never changes the actual size of the window.
If we're going to include modded creatures, skeletal crossbowwhales.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 15, 2010, 06:26:19 am »

All of those techniques are for the last few 40d releases; the modifications have not been merged for 0.31.x yet. You will want to play with the grid size in the init text. As far as I can tell, grid size is the number of tiles shown. So, your resolution should be equal to the grid size * the tile size (in pixels). Have a play around, and see how it turns out for you.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 15, 2010, 08:33:57 am »

Was I imagining it, or does this bug lead all my dwarfs to sleep in the same bed... at the same time...?

nah, orgies aren't in yet, they'll just sleep on each other's rooms. they'll get a good thought as if they slept in their own room, so, if you have rooms for everyone, there shouldn't be a problem

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 15, 2010, 08:41:12 am »

Anyone gotten surgeries to work yet?  I've had them diagnose, suture, and bandage but can't get them to do surgery.  I have traction benches, tables, bandages, soap, crutches, splints, cloth, thread, and so on but they either cancel (the injured dwarf gets up and goes to eat) or simply hover over the patient until the doctor cancels (goes to eat).  What are they waiting on?  What am I missing?

Also will one traction bench do for the whole ward or do I need one for each individual surgery?  And do they have to be placed near the beds?
Noted bug (link), though it's been assigned low priority. No, there's no current fix for it.

Vish

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 15, 2010, 10:07:01 am »

Need help with my hunter. He has got nothing turned on but hunting, but he refuses to pick up crossbow, bolts or quiver. I assigned him bolts in the military screen and I have arsenal dwarf. Urist McStupid just sits in the meeting hall, doing absolutely nothing at all.

Chrissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 15, 2010, 10:11:21 am »

Um... how do I make my fortress attract migrants?

Details: I only have 18 dwarves, no terrible thing has befell them (two died of their own stupidity and got nice caskets immediately, no bad thoughts in the other dwarves), I have exported wealth of 2770, imported wealth of 18,000, created wealth of 75,000.  I rarely get caravans unfortunately, I've only had one and it was elves.  I'm not sure if the dwarves or humans can access me.  It's been two and a half years and I've only had 2 waves of migrants... the first one which was decent and the second one which was small.  Since then I've had at least 3 seasons where "the fortress attracted no migrants".

What do I have to do to attract more?  I'm desperate for more dwarves and every time I see that "The fortress attracted no migrants this season" message I facepalm and start making more stuff...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 1178