Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1120752 times)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2115 on: July 22, 2010, 10:31:04 am »

Perhaps someone else will make an artifact dart?
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Solace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 22, 2010, 05:44:27 pm »

Is animal hair good for anything? My loom seems only able to weave plant fibers, webs, or metal fibers.

EDIT (since I want to stop spamming this thread so much): What happens if I capture a mounted goblin? Two captives for the price of one? Can I tame the mount, or is it auto-hostile to me like the goblin?

EDIT2: All my dwarves are now idle. They have everything enabled and plenty of stuff to do, but, none of them do it. Are they rebelling against me? >.> Oh right I sent them to a burrow so they'd stop getting killed by the goblins.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 10:22:59 pm by Solace »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 22, 2010, 06:45:40 pm »

I don't think hair has a use.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: July 22, 2010, 07:42:15 pm »

I noticed some dwarves get stuck in "go to practice" but never end up going. Any way to slap them out of their daze?

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: July 22, 2010, 07:47:14 pm »

How come cats get to adopt dwarves when the game is fucking paused? I paused the game and was on my way to my cat cage to stuff a new kitten in it, and all of a sudden it's adopted.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: July 22, 2010, 10:05:31 pm »

Did you do any designating? You can make certain events occur while the game is paused by designating areas for mining etc. I use this to fast forward my liason meetings; get them in the meeting room, get Conduct Meeting to appear as their job title, then pause and [d]esignate [d]ig until all the windows have been and gone.

Alternatively, it's possible that the adoption occurred while the game was unpaused, but because you had a backlog of announcements, the text only popped up after you had paused.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 23, 2010, 01:32:48 am »

No, there were no announcements. It came out of nowhere. Must have designated stuff.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: July 23, 2010, 06:07:42 am »

Concerning ores that give below 100% of some metal (Galena, for example; 50% silver), do those half-a-bars get stored "universally", or do I have to use the same smelter to get to full percent?
Love, scriver~

happydog23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: July 23, 2010, 07:48:26 am »

Concerning ores that give below 100% of some metal (Galena, for example; 50% silver), do those half-a-bars get stored "universally", or do I have to use the same smelter to get to full percent?

In 40D it was tied to the smelter.  I haven't seen any confirmation or testing on it in .31.x

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 23, 2010, 08:02:25 am »

Ah. Well, I'll just go ahead and assume it is the same, since there's not really any reason to think it has been changed.
Love, scriver~

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: July 23, 2010, 08:15:10 am »

How does one get by in the early days of a new fortress with no river?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Murgen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 23, 2010, 08:21:19 am »

How does one get by in the early days of a new fortress with no river?
In my most recent fortress I embarked in a desert, I had my dwarves dig down to the magma sea before building my fortress above it, I wasn't watching my booze reserves so when I noticed they were all dehydrated I cancelled all of my dig designations and dug from one of the ramps out to an underground pool, there was a flurry of job cancellations as they all ran for the pool's edge to grab a drink

I was wondering, since I don't have a river, and if I did I wouldn't want to go through the work of piping a river all the way down to a bottom -90 zlevel fortress, are underground pools that touch the map edge infinite?

Another question, will underground vegetation start sprouting in mined out underground soil periodically, or only on discovery of the first cavern system?  When I found the first cavern layer, stuff started growing in my -1 zlevel road system, and then I carved out a large area to use as a tree farm, but nothing has started growing there yet
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:49:36 am by Murgen »
The Gremlin punches The Dog in the head with her left hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
Monom Edtulsolon, Dog (Tame) has been struck down.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: July 23, 2010, 10:33:19 am »

Underground plants only grow once you have discovered their respective cavern layers. So, you'll get towercaps etc after the first, sporetrees etc after the second and bloodthorns etc after the third cavern.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

psilocybes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 23, 2010, 12:00:46 pm »

little question
How do I find out the value of something when trading? When I look(v) at the item I only get the weight.

Thanks.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: July 23, 2010, 12:06:58 pm »

You need to have a trader with some appraise skill. It probably has to be above (no adjective).
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 1178