Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1092219 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #17595 on: February 15, 2012, 03:52:04 pm »

they're both fine in both
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Urist McEngineer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17596 on: February 15, 2012, 03:58:24 pm »

Yes.  A dwarf with multiple positions that require offices can use a single office for all positions.  He doesn't need separate managing and bookkeeping offices.

Thank you.
 I recently discovered the manager and I found that position to be very handy but I just got organized dwarves with migrations around 80 dwarves. So now I'm trying an embark with no initial skills in mining but some skills in the stuff I usually waited to come through migrations but which never came when i needed them. And am trying to tailor functions to traits and attributes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17597 on: February 15, 2012, 04:33:56 pm »

Hey what skills are teachable with squad training? i want to try training a proper military as skiiled as possible, and I'd like to know the best skills to start with, i'll use danger rooms to boost all the skills that that gets.

So i know i won't be starting with points in armor, weapon, skill and dodge. But what should i give them besides "teacher"?

Kento

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma and magma accessories.
    • View Profile
    • Uglorable
« Reply #17598 on: February 15, 2012, 04:41:03 pm »

How do embark species slots work? When are they finalized, and is there a file I can edit to change them?

I would like to limit the number of animalmen species in my embarks.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17599 on: February 15, 2012, 04:59:39 pm »

Do campfires in Adventurer mode last indefinitely?

If so, I may have made a fatal mistake.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17600 on: February 15, 2012, 05:16:51 pm »

I think they burn out after a while.
*Hugs*

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17601 on: February 15, 2012, 05:22:17 pm »

Its been two days trapped inside this lair, subsisting only on the blood left by slain enemies... on my clothes.

How I love dwarf fortress. But that campfire is still there, so lets hope I don't run out of blood before the fire burns out.

Edit: After 12 days of drinking blood spatters on their person, my adventurer perished in the cave of a dingo. Tragic, but the campfire never went away.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:27:26 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17602 on: February 15, 2012, 05:26:17 pm »

Huh, if it's been there for two days, you're probably boned.
*Hugs*

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17603 on: February 15, 2012, 05:28:54 pm »

Yeah. Infinifire! Never goes out, even when you want it to! (And is completely unpathable, despite my throwing the corpse of a dingo on it to try and smother it, among the rest of my inventory).

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17604 on: February 15, 2012, 05:31:39 pm »

You should take that to the draw your adventure thread.
*Hugs*

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17605 on: February 15, 2012, 07:32:18 pm »

IS there a good way to stockpile sand near my glassmaking area? I can't figure out how. I don't see it as an option.

Thanks

nightwhips
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17606 on: February 15, 2012, 07:35:37 pm »

IS there a good way to stockpile sand near my glassmaking area? I can't figure out how. I don't see it as an option.

Thanks

nightwhips
I believe sand bags are under furniture, set to [u], like prepared meals under food.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17607 on: February 15, 2012, 07:42:38 pm »

I hear that if you muddy some ground near your forges then pasture animals on the grass that grows, after the trample it, it turns into an allowed soil for that biome, so you can get collectable sand meters from your forges. Probably make the whole spot a stockpile for sandbags too ;D

Eidako

• Bay Watcher
  • Snow White cancels Sleep: Attending Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #17608 on: February 15, 2012, 08:29:36 pm »

Does above-ground food still spontaneously disappear as of 31.25? Or bone stockpiles?

I'm building a surface fort and would prefer to keep my food stockpiles next to the dining hall, but I'm afraid it's going to go POOF at a season change.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17609 on: February 15, 2012, 08:35:19 pm »

Does above-ground food still spontaneously disappear as of 31.25? Or bone stockpiles?

I'm building a surface fort and would prefer to keep my food stockpiles next to the dining hall, but I'm afraid it's going to go POOF at a season change.

As of 31.25, all refuse will eventually degrade outdoors, without creating miasma - even bone.  Not sure about food in stockpiles, I've never stored food aboveground.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)
Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 1178