Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1118810 times)

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1695 on: July 07, 2010, 04:00:06 am »

The & is not a dwarf shape. That's a demon shape.

You might be a victim of the demon diplomat bug. Check that person's description to find out.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: July 07, 2010, 04:04:34 am »

I didn't mean the & symbol, I meant the @ symbol. Sorry about that.

If it were a demon, I'd probably have noticed by now  :P
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: July 07, 2010, 04:24:10 am »

In that case, make sure your mayor/baron/whoever is the highest ranking dwarf isn't busy working on things and has an office. You designate it from a chair, and assign it with 'a'.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: July 07, 2010, 04:34:56 am »

Thanks, done.

New problem: I saw a green C wandering around my lowest parts of my base (under the first cavern filled with water) and it disappeared before I could K it. What is it, and do I need my militia?

edit: saw it on a staircase again, but it blinked out DURING pause. WTF?

edit edit: I don't care WHAT Windows users say, the worst quality of a Mac is its tendency to restart when you close the screen.

And thus, the Green C is gone. And about half an hour's worth of progress (I'm sure glad I save a lot).

edit x3: It was a salt water crocodile, apparently. I hope it stays wherever it came from.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 04:54:20 am by Double A »
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: July 07, 2010, 06:39:25 am »

Is there a practical use for an extremely large tower? Besides getting rid of unwanted slitstone?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1700 on: July 07, 2010, 07:54:11 am »

I know caged animals can't breed, but can chained ones?
Yep, being chained doesn't stop creatures from breeding.  They don't need physical contact as impregnation is apparently by airborne spores.  Just have a male and female un-caged on the map at the same time.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Dewar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: July 07, 2010, 08:20:36 am »

Is there a practical use for an extremely large tower? Besides getting rid of unwanted slitstone?

Throw stuff off it?

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: July 07, 2010, 08:35:01 am »

Sounds fun to me.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: July 07, 2010, 10:40:33 am »

Exactly how do I get military dwarfs to train? A lot of people seem to have them on individual training drill but all I ever get is a bunch of dwarfs stuck with the "organizing/waiting for x/y/z demonstration" etc.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

moosecow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: July 07, 2010, 10:42:52 am »

Exactly how do I get military dwarfs to train? A lot of people seem to have them on individual training drill but all I ever get is a bunch of dwarfs stuck with the "organizing/waiting for x/y/z demonstration" etc.

set their schedule to no active order and they will train individually.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: July 07, 2010, 10:53:06 am »

set their schedule to no active order and they will train individually.

I see, thank you!
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: July 07, 2010, 01:18:11 pm »

Is there anyway to remove buzzards from DF? I know theyre a part of the games "experience" but I hate having a fort crippled by a Year One Buzzard Strike.
My dwarves refuse to do anything because the buzzards interrupt them, so they can't put away the food the buzzards are chasing. Sure i could try to kill them but that involves making weapons, which require dwarves: Which are hungry.

Theyre irritating and I just want rid of them for now.
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: July 07, 2010, 01:20:19 pm »

look up how to make cats explode, then do the same thing to the buzzards raws.
Nom nom nom

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: July 07, 2010, 01:26:34 pm »

Homeotherm :3

Thanks.
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1709 on: July 07, 2010, 01:27:04 pm »

Is there anyway to remove buzzards from DF?
Open creature_large_temperate.txt file in raw/objects/ and delete the [CREATURE:BIRD_BUZZARD] entry.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 1178