Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1124186 times)

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #16185 on: November 16, 2011, 11:57:10 pm »

Q:  Do I need to add waterskins, quivers or backpacks to a units "uniform" in order for them to carry them or will they pick them up automatically?  There does not seem to be a way to equip them on the equipment screen, unless I'm missing it.

I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16186 on: November 17, 2011, 12:05:23 am »

A: No.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16187 on: November 17, 2011, 02:16:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

in fact it was...but thank you for the answer anyway. 
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #16188 on: November 17, 2011, 06:25:55 am »

how do i dump all the contents of a container quickly?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16189 on: November 17, 2011, 07:18:34 am »

how do i dump all the contents of a container quickly?

"Enter" the container and then mark the thing inside it for Dumping.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #16190 on: November 17, 2011, 07:21:11 am »

quickly, not slowly i have to go to each individual one dont i?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16191 on: November 17, 2011, 09:21:19 am »

quickly, not slowly i have to go to each individual one dont i?

Nope, if you mass dump (d-b-d) the container then k on it and undump just the container, it's contents will remain marked for dumping. The same process helps you disarm caged invaders.

Question: do members of cave animalman civilisations ever enter my map? I only met those two times so far, and they were stationary.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16192 on: November 17, 2011, 09:32:55 am »

If I hit the population cap, and then lose lots of dwarfs, do I get new migrants? Or does hitting the pop cap turn off migrants forever?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #16193 on: November 17, 2011, 09:50:43 am »

You'll get more migrants once your population drops below the cap.  If you have a lot of deaths in a year you might get no migrants due to your fortress getting a reputation as a cursed deathtrap, but after a year of two of no deaths they'll start coming again.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16194 on: November 17, 2011, 12:28:35 pm »

I know invaders with mounts who drown because their mounts go swimming can make the whole squad stop.

I just got 3 squads of archer and crossbow goblins, 1 squad of trolls. Due to some of my people walking along the wall, aparently, the squadleaders went -up- a z-level on their giant bats, and now they stand still. I'm not complaining, 30 goblins flying around shooting at my people is a bit too much !!FUN!! for me, but i wonder if its normally happening, and to others too
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16195 on: November 17, 2011, 12:32:33 pm »

Yes that is a normal result that happens due to the way that flying/swimming pathfinding is bugged right now. They might come down when they can attack a dwarf, but else wise they will probably just sit there.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16196 on: November 17, 2011, 03:02:35 pm »

i beat a second siege back, but only after they had killed the tree lovers. Metal items can be smelted to get a metal bar. can i take wooden items apart to reclaim the wood? i do NOT want wooden swords
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16197 on: November 17, 2011, 03:39:42 pm »

i beat a second siege back, but only after they had killed the tree lovers. Metal items can be smelted to get a metal bar. can i take wooden items apart to reclaim the wood? i do NOT want wooden swords

Not without modding. You can put them in weapon traps, though.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16198 on: November 17, 2011, 03:41:07 pm »

Impossible without modding.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16199 on: November 17, 2011, 08:24:36 pm »

alright, next

after the siege, everyone went around for cleanup. For some reason they leave some items on the ground. They are claimed and there is space in the storage. any special reason?
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 1178