Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1126132 times)

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #14955 on: September 07, 2011, 09:25:46 am »

How do I make the game not pause and jump to the location of the miners whenever they cancel a digging operation due to wet stone?

Open the announcements.txt file in the init folder and look for [DIG_CANCEL_WARM:A_D:D_D:P:R]
[DIG_CANCEL_DAMP:A_D:D_D:P:R] and remove the :P:R from each one.  This will remove both the pause and recenter commands.

Thank you. That shit was driving me up a -wall-.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14956 on: September 07, 2011, 09:39:33 am »

How do I make the game not pause and jump to the location of the miners whenever they cancel a digging operation due to wet stone?

Open the announcements.txt file in the init folder and look for [DIG_CANCEL_WARM:A_D:D_D:P:R]
[DIG_CANCEL_DAMP:A_D:D_D:P:R] and remove the :P:R from each one.  This will remove both the pause and recenter commands.
To clarify, the WARM relates to stone right next to magma while DAMP is to water, you probably know that but just stating  :). I underlined a small bit so it won't turn into a smiley.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14957 on: September 07, 2011, 10:47:10 am »

I have whip vine seeds in a haunted biome.

Is there any chance of me planting them?

Wiki says they should grow in any non-freezing biome (no mountain, glacier, or tundra).  They're above-ground plants, so you'll need above-ground soil in an appropriate biome.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14958 on: September 07, 2011, 10:54:31 am »

To clarify, the WARM relates to stone right next to magma while DAMP is to water, you probably know that but just stating  :). I underlined a small bit so it won't turn into a smiley.

Yeah I figured, bro ;D

Oh, another question. If you dig out a "plug" like this (O = Open Space, T = tile, S = support):

TTTTTTTTT
TTOOSOOTT
TTOTTTOTT
TTOTTTOTT
TTOTTTOTT
TTOOOOOTT
TTOOOOOTT

would the plug count as "attached" to a tile via the Support and not cave in?

I plan to hook the support up to a lever, mind.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #14959 on: September 07, 2011, 11:03:26 am »

Yes, supports can be used to 'hang' stone walls from a roof.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14960 on: September 07, 2011, 03:39:24 pm »

A badger just tore both arms off one of my soldiers, so now he can't fight.

My question is: What jobs can he do?

If there's anything I can get him working on without a hail of cancellation spam I'll set him loose on it.
[Signature]

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14961 on: September 07, 2011, 03:41:38 pm »

If there's anything I can get him working on without a hail of cancellation spam I'll set him loose on it.

The honorable Naked Wrestler Squad, of course! Just make a new squad, remove its uniform, remove its food/water carrying (so he doesn't go for a backpack or flask) and name him militia captain. Enjoy your new best last line of defense.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14962 on: September 07, 2011, 03:47:17 pm »

So I remember reading a while ago that dwarves that were injured would now drink booze.   Something in toady's dev blog while he was working on 2010.

I didn't really play much of 2010 when it came out, cause of other things, but now that I've come back, I was reading around, and all sources point that injured dwarves need water.

Did this change back?  or did I just imagine that he said that?

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14963 on: September 07, 2011, 03:50:26 pm »

The honorable Naked Wrestler Squad, of course! Just make a new squad, remove its uniform, remove its food/water carrying (so he doesn't go for a backpack or flask) and name him militia captain. Enjoy your new best last line of defense.

Ah. Of course.

Ooh! I could danger room the NWS to train their skills up faster! :D
[Signature]

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14964 on: September 07, 2011, 04:09:22 pm »

thanks for this - i got this guy who just lost a hand, not even an arm (his other one's fine it seems) and he's nagging me with cancellation for just about everything.

its a good thing dwarves have no dignity, or i'd feel bad to force him to walk around naked armed only with his teeth and big toes
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

Ischenous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14965 on: September 07, 2011, 05:25:53 pm »

So I accidently flooded the room with my well, since my flood gate did not shut when it should have. What's the best way of clearing out the water in the corrider leading to it?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14966 on: September 07, 2011, 05:52:23 pm »

Mine out a big space and let the water spread out and evaporate, or drain it away by spilling it into a cavern or off the map or into an aquifer or elsewhere, or pump it away into a cavern or back into the well source or off the map or into an aquifer or elsewhere, or put magma inside and mine the water out, or channel into the room from above and get your dwarves to dump it away bucket by bucket, or drop a burning artifact or some other burning objects or a really hot creature inside to steam it away, or build a door/floodgrate/bridge in the space and link it to a lever and smash the water away, or any combination of those. Best way is yours to choose.

Next question: Did I forget something?

Ischenous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14967 on: September 07, 2011, 05:57:29 pm »

Ah, so really simpler than I thought. I was thinking of just making a bigger resevoir but wasen't sure if there was a better way.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14968 on: September 07, 2011, 06:07:27 pm »

Upon breaching the first cave level I found some crafts in elf and gremlin bone. What the fuck is that and what made them?
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14969 on: September 07, 2011, 06:22:13 pm »

Upon breaching the first cave level I found some crafts in elf and gremlin bone. What the fuck is that and what made them?

Eldritch remnants!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1178