Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1127345 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #14100 on: August 06, 2011, 03:47:24 pm »

Quick question, how does one remove the graphics from a mod (Genesis for me) to revert it to the original vanilla graphics? I want to make a movie that doesn't bug when it plays as the symbols get distorted when movie making in Genesis.

Edit: And another ?: Does anyone know how to use ASCII Draw?  :)
ii wanna know this too.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

eastc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14101 on: August 06, 2011, 04:37:54 pm »

Is there an easy way to find out what's going on down at level 1? I started a new map and it's super slow (is there a way to display frame rate?). Something down on level 1 keeps causing collapses and I'm wonder wtf?!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14102 on: August 06, 2011, 04:52:47 pm »

You've got water draining into the magma sea.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14103 on: August 06, 2011, 05:26:39 pm »

And yes, there is an uption in one of the 2 ini files which,
after activation, displays your FPS in the upper left corner

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14104 on: August 06, 2011, 06:09:17 pm »

How do you butcher animals that have been magiclly adopted. For that matter how do you prevent adoption? I'm finind everything gets auto adopted the same frame it grows up, leaving aside the impending tantrum spiral if i'm not careful it's leaving me with huge quantaties of excess animals i need to get shut of...

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14105 on: August 06, 2011, 07:11:49 pm »

How do you butcher animals that have been magiclly adopted. For that matter how do you prevent adoption? I'm finind everything gets auto adopted the same frame it grows up, leaving aside the impending tantrum spiral if i'm not careful it's leaving me with huge quantaties of excess animals i need to get shut of...
Animals with anowner can never be butchered, even if killed.

Go to the z-animals screen, and you should be able to switch animals between available and unavailable for adoption.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14106 on: August 06, 2011, 07:31:11 pm »

There are plenty of ways of killing pet animals, but you might have to build specific features for your fortress to do it. The easiest way is to pasture them in a place that's very dangerous; for example, a danger room (spikes linked to a lever) or where your magma faucet is. Killing pets causes an unhappy thought, as does not laying their bodies to rest.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14107 on: August 06, 2011, 08:08:53 pm »

Kill the owner, then slaughter the pets.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14108 on: August 06, 2011, 08:40:59 pm »

Go to the z-animals screen, and you should be able to switch animals between available and unavailable for adoption.

Except this dosen't work becuase you can only do that once they rreach adulthood and the instant they do that they get adopted, like in the time between the announcment arriving and me going to the screen. I need a way to make adoption defualt to off rather than on.

And no, killing the dwarves isn;t an option, i'm using most for hualing and the rest have more important thinsg to do ATM. Plus right now i'm still getting certian things setup so i haven't had the labour et al to start on most of the +happiness things. A good round of deaths is liable to start an instant tantrum spiral.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:47:14 pm by Darth_Karl »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: August 06, 2011, 09:03:41 pm »

Uhhh...

a) Animals are set to "unavailable" by default.
b) You can change the status of any non-exotic animal, regardless of age.

If you're talking about cats, then the only solution is to kill em all.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: August 06, 2011, 09:10:01 pm »

Except this dosen't work becuase you can only do that once they rreach adulthood and the instant they do that they get adopted, like in the time between the announcment arriving and me going to the screen. I need a way to make adoption defualt to off rather than on.

And no, killing the dwarves isn;t an option, i'm using most for hualing and the rest have more important thinsg to do ATM. Plus right now i'm still getting certian things setup so i haven't had the labour et al to start on most of the +happiness things. A good round of deaths is liable to start an instant tantrum spiral.

Ah. Cats. You can't control cats getting adopted, and migrants often arrive with their own pets too.

Hm.

You can still assign owned pets to a pasture that's, say, under a bridge.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14111 on: August 06, 2011, 09:33:43 pm »

Nope not cats. As soon as my animals mature to adulthood they get auto adopted. Cats are just about the only thing NOT getting adopted. Besides baby animal, (which are correctlly listed as unavalibile).

And all my animals are well outside my fort, bar the cats. So the onyl contact is when somone comes along to reposition them in their pasture.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14112 on: August 06, 2011, 09:45:36 pm »

Quick question, how does one remove the graphics from a mod (Genesis for me) to revert it to the original vanilla graphics? I want to make a movie that doesn't bug when it plays as the symbols get distorted when movie making in Genesis.

Edit: And another ?: Does anyone know how to use ASCII Draw?  :)

Is my post in the right thread or there is no way to answer this?  :-\

------------------------------------
To prevent auto-adoption, put those who adopt automatically (cats) either in pastures away from dwarves, in cages or pasture them in your larder, they won't have enough time to go near any dwarf if the pasture is big enough.

You cannot butcher pets. If you have an annoying pet, try doing the "danger" room experience with the owner. You'll have to put up with the unhappiness though.

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14113 on: August 06, 2011, 10:12:09 pm »

*Sigh* I'd grab you a screenshot if i knew how. They're in a pasture on the oppossitte side of a river bed to my entrance, (Was a river till i had fun with floodgate !SCIENCE!), they're also not auto adopters. As babys you can disable adoption, (they come defualt that way). But as soon as they hit adulthood they seem to become adoptable and are automaticlly assigned to a dwarf, regardless of weather he's had any prior contact, or the prior adoption settings.

I'm talking thinks like Goats, Horses, Turckeys, Chickens, e.t.c. here doing it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14114 on: August 06, 2011, 10:13:34 pm »

Then omnomnom them as babies.

Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1178