Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 917 918 [919] 920 921 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1126899 times)

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #13770 on: July 25, 2011, 04:36:38 am »

Are you sure they're actually dehydrated and not just thirsty? Dwarves will go to get a drink when they're thirsty and the trip might take long enough for them to start becoming dehydrated, especially if it's a long walk from wherever they were working.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #13771 on: July 25, 2011, 06:36:21 am »

I've got lots of goblin corpses littering my beautiful lands, do they ever rot away?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13772 on: July 25, 2011, 07:03:40 am »

Yes they should, but to clean them up you might want to enable refuse hauling from outside and make your dwarves atom smash them with a drawbridge.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #13773 on: July 25, 2011, 07:19:51 am »

I tried to destroy them with cave in but they just flew around, Ill try atomsmashing next!
One weird thing happened, my miner caused cave in and the game said that he was burned by magma, sounds like a bug, probably known but I just wanted to confirm.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13774 on: July 25, 2011, 08:36:48 am »

Rock in its non-solid state is magma. The cave-in mechanics seem to cause a cloud of boiling-but-still-room-temperature rock, which is not solid and therefore magma.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13775 on: July 25, 2011, 08:41:51 am »

I've got lots of goblin corpses littering my beautiful lands, do they ever rot away?

They rot down to skeletons and partial skeletons, and no further.

I suggest digging a big shaft to toss them into magma, hauling them allllll the way down through the fort, or just atomsmashing them. Or tossing them on the quantum dump pile.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13776 on: July 25, 2011, 08:57:01 am »

A dwarf (who used to be a noble but it didn't play a part here) had some fun with a tiger. Especially funny was his right foot, which hasn't been seen since. The dwarf is flashing a red cross but has only treated himself with a small rest at his bedroom after which he resumed working. He doesn't go to the hospital, for some reason, but his health screen shows that he needs to be diagnosed. What to do?
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13777 on: July 25, 2011, 08:59:15 am »

Do you have assigned a chief medical dwarf (who is able to work in this profession)?
He is the only one who is able/allowed to diagnose patients.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13778 on: July 25, 2011, 09:00:43 am »

Yep.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13779 on: July 25, 2011, 09:09:48 am »

Maybe try to switch all of his jobs off then,
maybe then he will go to hospital

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13780 on: July 25, 2011, 09:13:03 am »

Done that, he prefers to slack off in the meeting area...

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13781 on: July 25, 2011, 09:17:43 am »

If he's not gone to hospital, he thinks he's fine. I think they actually have to be incapacitated to visit.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #13782 on: July 25, 2011, 09:18:58 am »

A hospital trip is only triggered for an injured body part which the doctor can do something about.  Body parts which are completely removed don't result in a trip to the hospital, since there's nothing the doctor can do anyway.  He should get a crutch, but assignment of crutches is still a bit buggy.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13783 on: July 25, 2011, 09:23:36 am »

Well, it's nothing serious I think. As long as he can toil he can live.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13784 on: July 25, 2011, 10:30:41 am »

why are my marksdwarves storing all of their equipment?  i have the uniform set to replace clothing, and when inactive to be uniformed.  they decide to store everything in their cabinets and in stockpiles except for their shields and crossbows.  this has only started happening when i assigned them a new barracks, and removed their assignment from the old.  it is quite irritating waiting for them to go armor themselves up everytime i give them an order.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time
Pages: 1 ... 917 918 [919] 920 921 ... 1178