Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1117002 times)

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1155 on: June 18, 2010, 12:35:41 pm »

Nope. Needing mud is a feature, not a bug.

What about in caverns? I've heard people say that caverns always have soil you can plant in, but I'm not sure if it needs to be irrigated still.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 18, 2010, 12:36:49 pm »

caverns have mud.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

jogar2

• Bay Watcher
  • It's just like a mini-mall
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 18, 2010, 01:34:34 pm »

Don't make your poor dwarfies drink from a murky pool!! Dig a tunnel up to it (one z-level down), put a door behind you, break through to the water, then dig a channel overhead and put a well on top of it. Voila, clean water. Also, build a well as close to your hospital as possible because your doctors will need it.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 18, 2010, 01:54:05 pm »

Curious... I embarked at a volcano and the magma tube extends pretty far up. In fact, it retains its shape forever and has somehow made a tower of obsidian filled with magma that extends from the peak of the mountain...

I'm already planning to use this to (possibly) flood the world with magma, but I assume this is a bug.

Like this:

Code: [Select]
...|m|._
...|m|/.\
...|m|...
...|m|...
...|m|...
../|m|...
./.|m|...
/..|m|...
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 18, 2010, 02:00:35 pm »

Curious... I embarked at a volcano and the magma tube extends pretty far up. In fact, it retains its shape forever and has somehow made a tower of obsidian filled with magma that extends from the peak of the mountain...

I'm already planning to use this to (possibly) flood the world with magma, but I assume this is a bug.

Like this:

Code: [Select]
...|m|._
...|m|/.\
...|m|...
...|m|...
...|m|...
../|m|...
./.|m|...
/..|m|...

what is your question?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 18, 2010, 02:12:59 pm »

My question is can I access the pipe from the side? Or will the miner who breaches the pipe burn and die upon opening it?
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 18, 2010, 02:46:50 pm »

I was looking at the elven caravan and noticed that they had something called a Tigerman Clerk in a cage. According to the wiki the Tigerman is a creature though, so I don't get how it can have a job? Is it a glitch, or it something else I'm not aware of?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.

Louist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 18, 2010, 03:16:33 pm »

I was looking at the elven caravan and noticed that they had something called a Tigerman Clerk in a cage. According to the wiki the Tigerman is a creature though, so I don't get how it can have a job? Is it a glitch, or it something else I'm not aware of?

I dont have any personal experience, but a while back there was a thread mentioning that some monsters will actually join civilizations during world gen, like a forgotten beast joining humans and becoming a human diplomat. If an elf were then to capture such a being, it could end up being sold to you.

Like I said, I don't know, but it makes a weird kind of sense.

My question: Is dwarf therapist a continuation of dwarf manager? Or are they separate projects?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 18, 2010, 03:40:53 pm »

Tigermen have a [PET] tag, I think, and that lets Elves tame them and bring them to you. They are intelligent, however, so they need food/water. If you keep them chained/caged they wont be able to get to your food stores, so let them run free or you will end up with a dead tigerman clerk.
[/quote]

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 18, 2010, 07:06:47 pm »

I seem to be having some sort of weird problem. As soon as I designated a hospital, my injured miner ran into it and collapsed right into front of the door. Then the doctor (who is also the mayor) ran in, and collapsed on top of him. The two are both stuck in the same spot and always have the "rest" task. Can someone explain to me what is going on and how to fix it?
[NOPAIN] no gain.

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 18, 2010, 07:22:50 pm »

Can someone sort of like walk me through how to spar?

SpacemanSpiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 18, 2010, 08:16:17 pm »

I seem to be having some sort of weird problem. As soon as I designated a hospital, my injured miner ran into it and collapsed right into front of the door. Then the doctor (who is also the mayor) ran in, and collapsed on top of him. The two are both stuck in the same spot and always have the "rest" task. Can someone explain to me what is going on and how to fix it?

Are there non-occupied, non-forbidden beds in the hospital zone?  Injured patients will prefer to rest in a bed, but I'm guessing that if no bed is available they'll just collapse on the floor. 

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 18, 2010, 08:48:02 pm »

Are there non-occupied, non-forbidden beds in the hospital zone?  Injured patients will prefer to rest in a bed, but I'm guessing that if no bed is available they'll just collapse on the floor.

Yes, there are several unoccupied beds. Yet those 2 dwarves have never moved to them.

EDIT: And my mayor just died of thirst, which means my digger is probably going to die as well.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 09:01:25 pm by Internet Kraken »
[NOPAIN] no gain.

AxisKiller

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that could happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 19, 2010, 12:53:51 am »

-snip, problem fixed-
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 02:13:58 am by AxisKiller »

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 19, 2010, 12:58:12 am »

Yes. You can also throw up a temporary well over pools.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 1178