Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1091692 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #11460 on: May 14, 2011, 03:43:21 am »

Military dwarves, for what reason I don't know, drink in their barracks. They'll get a drink from a stockpile, carry it to their barracks then return the barrel to the stockpile. That's probably why you see them with the store item in stockpile job. You can reduce the time spent walking around by having a stockpile near the barracks.

or waterskins.
everyone loves waterskins.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

El Payaso Malo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11461 on: May 14, 2011, 04:00:11 am »

Is there a way I can set the chef to cook meat only? I don't want my brewing items used unless it leaves seeds.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #11462 on: May 14, 2011, 04:01:50 am »

Is there a way I can set the chef to cook meat only? I don't want my brewing items used unless it leaves seeds.
"z" for status menu, kitchen tab, set cook/brew tags with c/b keys.
also see http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Status
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:04:21 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

El Payaso Malo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11463 on: May 14, 2011, 04:08:38 am »

Thank you, but is it red or blue that indicates that it is turned on?

Update:

I believe it is red.

New problem: I was just alerted that my glassmaker died in prison from thirst (I didn't even know he was there). I have so many dwarves that aren't doing anything. Why didn't anyone give him something to drink? Is there a specific thing I have to activate for this, because I can't seem to find it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:43:27 am by El Payaso Malo »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #11464 on: May 14, 2011, 04:46:10 am »

Red means not allowed/"don't cook", and in the brew column "don't brew". By default, cook seeds is red/don't.

Was there a water source and buckets?
Or, if he had gone insane from unhappiness, he refused to eat and drink.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

El Payaso Malo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: May 14, 2011, 05:08:42 am »

Good thing I reversed my red and blue, or my booze and seeds would be all gone by now. If he had been insane, I would have been notified. I apparently didn't have spare buckets, I guess. I now have at least a dozen spare buckets. He was apparently thrown in prison for failing to make glass items for the Mayor. I had completely forgotten about her demanding glass items. I had the wood furnace making fuel for it, and after she banned the export on "mini-furnaces" or something like that, I figured it wasn't a big deal anymore because it didn't show up in the mandate section or whatever (unless he was imprisoned before that). Anyway, poor guy. I think I'll dedicate a room in his honor, with statues or something like that.

El Payaso Malo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11466 on: May 14, 2011, 05:32:30 am »

Is there a reason why my butcher won't butcher recently killed wild animals like wolves and turkeys? He keeps saying there's no non-rotten corpses around, but, hell, I just order the military to slaughter every wild animal in the area, and he still won't get up and do his job.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: May 14, 2011, 05:34:46 am »

They need to be near the workshop or he'll ignore them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

El Payaso Malo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: May 14, 2011, 05:40:33 am »

Is there a way to get someone to drag the bodies to it, or should I risk a corpse pile next to it?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: May 14, 2011, 05:54:11 am »

Normally you place the refuse pile close (20 squares?) to butcher shop, and tanner next to butcher. Also check orders->refuse->gether refuse from outside->ignore vermin remains. This works for me.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: May 14, 2011, 07:49:27 am »

A couple of questions...

1: If I gen a world that has No Dwarfs in the Civ Raws at the start, but then put them in before the game starts, this will equal no Dwarf Civs on the World Map but allow the player to be Dwarven. If thats yes, will that mean that no Trade Caravans come to the fort??? And if yes again, how do I do it...

2: Generally Speaking, if you committed all your work force bar a few for Defense and Construction towards Food Productions via Farming, what would you say would be your average output of edible foodstuffs in the first year???, this means making Flour, Sugar and Booze.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: May 14, 2011, 08:09:13 am »

1: To put it simply, NO. Changes to the entity raws require a regen.

2: Massive surpluses. One farmer can feed a fort without much difficulty.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11472 on: May 14, 2011, 08:11:43 am »

1: To put it simply, NO. Changes to the entity raws require a regen.
Been looking at the Modding section, something about changing the ages between genning and then playing...
It looks like it works (kinda) but I still don't know if it produces Traders or not, I am guessing no cause the Civ button says that there are not important figures...

2: Massive surpluses. One farmer can feed a fort without much difficulty.
Guess I might have to look into changing the Growdur thing then...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11473 on: May 14, 2011, 08:27:28 am »

Been looking at the Modding section, something about changing the ages between genning and then playing...
It looks like it works (kinda) but I still don't know if it produces Traders or not, I am guessing no cause the Civ button says that there are not important figures...

Ah, that's different from what I thought you were asking.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11474 on: May 14, 2011, 11:21:05 am »

I have bulls that are hungry, what should I do about that? Let them graze (with a rope?) outdoor?
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1178