Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1120292 times)

Mechlin

• Bay Watcher
  • /u/sarasti_
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #11040 on: April 25, 2011, 08:55:57 am »

And btw is there a 100%-reliable way to postpone the meeting with the outpost liaison?
For some reason the don't-get-a-barony-until-caravan-leaves bug is still present in .25.

Nobody else is seeing that bug in .25.  Why do you think that the behavior you're seeing is caused by a bug that has already been fixed?  It would be much more reasonable to look for other causes.

I'm trying to get a barony in the first year

Well, let's look at the requirements:

Code: [Select]
20 population
100k created wealth
10k exported wealth

The second one is the only one you can directly control.  Let's assume you manage to make 100k worth of stuff in the first week.  This causes (relatively) huge migrant waves to come to you in summer and autumn, and you manage to hit 20 population before the autumn caravan (and liaison) arrives.

But now what?  You've got 0 exported wealth.  So when you talk to the liaison, you are not eligible to become a barony.

You are therefore delaying the meeting with the liaison not because of an old bug that's already been fixed, but because you are trying to delay the tallying of your exported wealth.  The caravan has to leave the map with your exported goods in order for them to be counted as exported wealth.  Therefore you have to delay the meeting with the liaison until this accounting tidbit has been registered.  This is not a bug.  This is simply the only way to meet your stated goal.
I know that it has been fixed and I know about the wealth counter. But it still happened to me in vanilla .25 - I hadn't been offered a barony even after three years with 6000k created wealth, 50+ population and about 300k exported wealth (I gave tons of goods to each and every caravan). The diplomat left after usual trade agreements... until I delayed the meeting and it worked like charm.

I dunno, maybe I'm just that unlucky.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: April 25, 2011, 01:47:17 pm »

Can you equip greaves and leggings at the same time? I have it set so my military equips both but none are wearing greaves.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: April 25, 2011, 01:58:55 pm »

Can you equip greaves and leggings at the same time? I have it set so my military equips both but none are wearing greaves.

Afraid not- leggings and greaves are both shaped pieces of armor, meaning you cannot wear another shaped piece of armor on the same body part. So you can wear a couple layers of trousers, but only one leggings OR one greaves.

Fahgo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: April 25, 2011, 03:06:59 pm »

so i've bought some tame gorillas from the hippies elves and i'm trying to breed me some war gorillas. but they're not breading. got them grouped together in a pasture but no luck. its a mixture of normal and war gorillas (and yes there is a male). any ideas whats stopping them?
had the same problem with giant eagles in a previous fort.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #11044 on: April 25, 2011, 03:18:24 pm »

so i've bought some tame gorillas from the hippies elves and i'm trying to breed me some war gorillas. but they're not breading. got them grouped together in a pasture but no luck. its a mixture of normal and war gorillas (and yes there is a male). any ideas whats stopping them?
had the same problem with giant eagles in a previous fort.

Gorillas have the [PET_EXOTIC] tag, so they won't breed without a Dungeon Master.  The same is also true of Giant Eagles.  The Dungeon Master is bugged and doesn't work at the moment.  If you want to breed exotic pets, you need to edit your raw files to replace [PET_EXOTIC] with [PET].
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: April 25, 2011, 05:51:14 pm »

Which is better, leggings or greaves?
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: April 25, 2011, 06:32:07 pm »

Which is better, leggings or greaves?
C'Mon - Greaves!

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: April 25, 2011, 06:40:51 pm »

How do I "get rid of" puppies and kittens?

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: April 25, 2011, 06:49:35 pm »

How do I "get rid of" puppies and kittens?
Code: [Select]
WTD
W=Wall
T= Upright Spike Trap
D= Door

Designate the door so that pets can't pass through it. Put the dogs, cats, and other creatures into the Trap Pasture. Pull the lever that's connected to the trap. Repeat as necessary.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: April 25, 2011, 06:55:13 pm »

I'm currently envisioning a skeletal elk cluster bomb. If I capture hundreds of zombie/skeletal creatures and shove them into a tiny box, then spring it open when goblins come by, do the two factions fight, or are goblins at peace with evil-biome creatures?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: April 25, 2011, 07:16:17 pm »

a thought occured to me that i posted about in another thread, but i figure i'll post it here to hopefully get an answer...

one of my military dwarves had his left foot ripped off by an ettin, he is now a crutch walker.

other then only being able to wear one boot, does his lack of a foot/using a crutch have any ill effects to his ability to fight, other then speed?

Darkweave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: April 25, 2011, 07:35:00 pm »

a thought occured to me that i posted about in another thread, but i figure i'll post it here to hopefully get an answer...

one of my military dwarves had his left foot ripped off by an ettin, he is now a crutch walker.

other then only being able to wear one boot, does his lack of a foot/using a crutch have any ill effects to his ability to fight, other then speed?

I'd guess it would have an adverse effect on his ability to kick but don't quote me on that.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: April 25, 2011, 07:37:29 pm »

I'm currently envisioning a skeletal elk cluster bomb. If I capture hundreds of zombie/skeletal creatures and shove them into a tiny box, then spring it open when goblins come by, do the two factions fight, or are goblins at peace with evil-biome creatures?
Goblins and Undead do not "Mix" :) hope that helps

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: April 25, 2011, 08:24:49 pm »

Question: What is the purpose of the diplomat that humans send?
I ask because I just got a law-giver who went berserk after chilling in my hospital for a few months, and I want to know what I missed out on.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: April 25, 2011, 09:30:15 pm »

How do you build a well? Also what good are clay and sand?
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1178