Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1117915 times)

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #10290 on: March 31, 2011, 08:03:03 pm »

I've hit this at times too. I am pretty sure it means you need more jugs.
Memento Mori

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10291 on: March 31, 2011, 08:09:38 pm »

I atom smashed a couple of thousand stones, but the stocks screen still shows "stones 340 7957". It also makes the stocks screen lag. So how do I get rid of the phantom stones entirely?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10292 on: March 31, 2011, 08:17:50 pm »

Red stones are ones that are unavailable for use, either because they're forbidden or because they're built into a construction.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Qc Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: March 31, 2011, 08:40:27 pm »

Uh. This brewer guy only had skill levels in brewing. He got a fey mood, and much to my surprise, claimed a Mason workshop instead of a Craftsdwarf one. He made a cool coffin and now he's a legendary miner.

Why is Masonry related to Mining and why does this happen to me. I already have 5 legendary miners for amok sake.

He only had 200 exp in digging too.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10294 on: March 31, 2011, 08:47:46 pm »

Uh. This brewer guy only had skill levels in brewing. He got a fey mood, and much to my surprise, claimed a Mason workshop instead of a Craftsdwarf one. He made a cool coffin and now he's a legendary miner.

Why is Masonry related to Mining and why does this happen to me. I already have 5 legendary miners for amok sake.

He only had 200 exp in digging too.

It just is, for some reason. Tanning is also linked to leatherworking, incidentally- nothing says fun like an artifact waterskin and a legendary tanner!

Arekis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10295 on: March 31, 2011, 08:51:10 pm »

Do sieges/ambushes stop or is it not uncommon to have a two year lull with no activity whatsoever?  I've trapped about 150 goblins and killed probably twice to 3x as many.  Seems like a relatively low number and I'd be sad if there were no more.  I also killed the civ leader (well, the goblins killed him technically) in the third year which definitely affected the siege size and use of mounts, but then it amped up again...  Now, nothing.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10296 on: March 31, 2011, 09:34:39 pm »

It seems pretty random to me so I would expect you will see them again, but I don't know for sure.
Memento Mori

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10297 on: March 31, 2011, 09:42:25 pm »

Do sieges/ambushes stop or is it not uncommon to have a two year lull with no activity whatsoever?  I've trapped about 150 goblins and killed probably twice to 3x as many.  Seems like a relatively low number and I'd be sad if there were no more.  I also killed the civ leader (well, the goblins killed him technically) in the third year which definitely affected the siege size and use of mounts, but then it amped up again...  Now, nothing.

Do you still have the 150 goblins kicking around on the map in cages? It could be something funky with the unit cap.

Are you still producing/exporting wealth? If you stop making things, goblins won't care about you.

Finally (and I'm not certain at all about this), but I think I heard that invaders/migrants are now drawn from historical figures, which is why you occasionally get guys with military tactics skills. I THINK this means that you could, theoretically, wipe out a goblin civ if it has no more historical figures to draw new military from. I know this was impossible in the old days because sieges/ambushes spawned ex nihilo, but I THINK this has changed. Emphasis on THINK.

Arekis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10298 on: March 31, 2011, 10:47:37 pm »

They're still in cages awaiting certain fate but I was hoping to get at least 50 more.  Their civ screen shows no important leaders.

The fort has definitely been producing more wealth and traders have been coming regularly.  I've capped my dwarf pop at 107 so that has been consistent for the last several years.

I'll probably wait another in-game year and get rid of them.  Otherwise it's not really that much fun.

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10299 on: March 31, 2011, 10:50:35 pm »

I know this was impossible in the old days because sieges/ambushes spawned ex nihilo...

For correctly using "ex nihilo", I award you one Internet.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10300 on: March 31, 2011, 11:17:49 pm »

I know this was impossible in the old days because sieges/ambushes spawned ex nihilo...

For correctly using "ex nihilo", I award you one Internet.

:D An internet? For me? I'll cherish it always! Oh, who to thank, who to thank... I suppose I should start with my high school Latin teacher, and my parents for giving me a love of reading, oh and baby Jesus of course...

Thank you so all so very much! *single tear*

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10301 on: March 31, 2011, 11:51:54 pm »

ALRIGHTY THEN! so, i was a tard when using df hack reveal an unpaused with reveal still on, instead of using other hacks to just kill the demons cuz im lazy, i ctrl+alt+del'd in an attempt to find the place again, i didnt, but i found a nice one with a natural choke point where my dwarves decided to plop our wagon.

now onto the actual question!

are wagons fixed yet? can i use that natural choke point i have, and make a 10z lvl drop on either side of a 1 wide path full of weapon traps to make people dodge and hopefully die and not have a problem with traders being unable to get to me

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10302 on: March 31, 2011, 11:57:21 pm »

To my knowledge, traders still do not bring wagons.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10303 on: April 01, 2011, 04:19:25 am »

Is it normal in DF to have Aquifers above ground level and in mountains?

Doesn't make much sense to me :|

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10304 on: April 01, 2011, 06:33:38 am »

Is it normal in DF to have Aquifers above ground level and in mountains?

Doesn't make much sense to me :|
yes its normal.
yes it is.
the world generator says so.
yes it is.
yes it makes sense.
yes this will probably be fixed. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 1178