Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1117270 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #10095 on: March 26, 2011, 06:19:50 pm »

I think they actually might be. Try this: Build a grate next to a tree on the z-level above it, then try building a floor on the tree.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: March 26, 2011, 07:19:45 pm »

All of my stockpiles except the one with my mugs have bins. And this one needs it the most. Why is it so? I have tons of spare bins.

Are you playing .22? There's a bug with the way things are stored in .22 that's since been fixed in .23

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What descriptors refer to the largest possible size of animal? I.e., what's bigger, Gigantic, or Enormous? I'm trying to breed a better Peafowl, and want to know which specimens to keep and which to cull.

Zealot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: March 26, 2011, 07:40:07 pm »

Hey guys, I have a little problem.  One of my dwarves lost her left hand while fighting a bear, so I decided to return her to civilian life. After a bit of time in the hospital, I removed all her jobs and let her do whatever she wants.  However, she keeps trying to store an item but is unable. The message I'm getting is "Dwarf cancels Store Owned Item: Too Injured" This message keeps repeating itself. Any fixes?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: March 26, 2011, 07:42:08 pm »

Is her right hand borken?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Zealot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: March 26, 2011, 07:43:55 pm »

Her right foot and right lower arm are dented

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: March 26, 2011, 07:45:11 pm »

Does her health screen list any other treatments scheduled?
The doctor may have not patched her up completely.

Zealot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: March 26, 2011, 07:48:12 pm »

No treatment scheduled

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: March 26, 2011, 07:51:47 pm »

Does her other hand work? Is she holding something in her other hand? That might affect it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zealot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: March 26, 2011, 07:55:45 pm »

She's wearing a mitten and a glove on her right hand, but her right hand is fine so I don't think that's it.

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: March 26, 2011, 07:59:11 pm »

I believe i've read that in the most recent versions the appearance of ores beneath has been tweaked? In the version i've played before (.19) ores were still overabundant, this I agree with, but recently I can't seem to find ANY ores underground. By the time i've reached the blue from the deep i've already been wiped out by a single goblin ambush... apparently moderately trained dwarves in leather armor and without weapons are not quite... good

-3-
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: March 26, 2011, 08:06:25 pm »

What version are you using?
The newer ones should have a setting for mineral scarcity, so you can choose how much metal you want.

Be aware that if your embark does not say "shallow metal(s)" or "deep metal(s)", then there will be no metal at all. (Other than bluemetal.)

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: March 26, 2011, 08:10:28 pm »

The newer ones should have a setting for mineral scarcity, so you can choose how much metal you want.

Be aware that if your embark does not say "shallow metal(s)" or "deep metal(s)", then there will be no metal at all. (Other than bluemetal.)

There is?
I generated my world from the advanced generation, so I could lower the caverns a little... I built four fortresses in which I stumbled into a cavern in mid-design. I do not quite like that!

I'll have a look for that. Thanks.
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: March 26, 2011, 08:14:42 pm »

There is?
I generated my world from the advanced generation, so I could lower the caverns a little... I built four fortresses in which I stumbled into a cavern in mid-design. I do not quite like that!

I'll have a look for that. Thanks.

Its in there- lower numbers = more minerals. Embarking with the site finder is important in the newest versions, since you can search for shallow/deep metal: no/yes/multiple

Qc Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: March 26, 2011, 10:24:14 pm »

I'm in deep poop right now. I previously lost a moody dwarf due to him not wanting any of my blocks. ( Tried both metal and rock ones )

Now this time, One of my best military decides to get a glassmaking mood when I have nothing for it. I managed to make some charcoal and stuff, but he still won't work.

It says he needs cut gems, stacked leather and glass. He already went and grabbed the raw green glass I bought from the merchants. I definitely have a ton of leather, about 300. And I just sent my jeweler cut some random gems. He still wont move.

I was also wondering how high I should make my goblin trap. Is 10z enough to kill them? If they explode it's fine too.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: March 26, 2011, 10:27:12 pm »

Check his preferances, he may want a specific kind of gem/leather, or he could want more glass.

10z is usually fatal, but not guaranteed. Go for 20 if you want goblinsplosions every time.
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1178