Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1116919 times)

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #10005 on: March 24, 2011, 06:43:52 pm »

Also, my migrant wave of 19 is taking a month thus far to get on the map. They're spawning on a ramp, but I've never had them take this long. They just come in, sit around for a week or two, then move so the next person can follow suit.

(snip)

Edit: Never mind, it would appear that all of my up/down staircases turned into down staircases. Almost all of them anyways, weird.

For the migrants, do you have a meeting area set up for them to go to? Usually having some sort of objective to get to gets them moving.

As for the constructions getting wonky, that's apparently a bug in .22 where muddy/soil "dug constructions" collapse because of how the game treats grass growing on said constructions/the tile they occupy.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #10006 on: March 24, 2011, 07:21:46 pm »

Do you have to assign quivers in the uniforms now? I have a few quivers and one marksdwarf, he won't put on a quiver :/

Or do cloaks get in the way of quivers?

Bah, assigned bone crossbows but they haven't been made yet. That's probably the problem.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:43:09 pm by tolkafox »
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: March 24, 2011, 07:38:56 pm »

Do you have to assign quivers in the uniforms now? I have a few quivers and one marksdwarf, he won't put on a quiver :/

Or do cloaks get in the way of quivers?

You shouldn't have to assign it, and there shouldn't be any conflicts with other clothes. Possibly they have been claimed by hunters? (If the job is enabled they'll snag gear, even if there aren't crossbows for them.) Maybe he's just lazy?

Qc Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: March 24, 2011, 07:51:07 pm »

Problem 1.

Some of my military is chilling in the weapon stockpile. It's definitely not a barrack and I did not station them there. One of them has "pickup equipment" and the other has "go to X training". They haven't moved for a while now, though it may not mean much at 15 fps. It may be the trauma from the last siege. Blood everywhere.

Problem 2.

I try assigning my newly acquired soap makers to a very safe and cozy burrow for their own entertainment but not all of them make it there. And those who do usually take forever. How can I speed things up?.

Conflict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: March 24, 2011, 07:59:31 pm »

I currently have version 0.31.21 of DF, if I was to upgrade to version 0.31.22, would anything break? I love my game as is, but the new version seems to tackle a lot of glitches, so I'd prefer having that, as long as nothing break.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: March 24, 2011, 08:18:40 pm »

How do vermin eggs work?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: March 24, 2011, 08:36:23 pm »

I currently have version 0.31.21 of DF, if I was to upgrade to version 0.31.22, would anything break? I love my game as is, but the new version seems to tackle a lot of glitches, so I'd prefer having that, as long as nothing break.

It shouldn't break- in regards to upgrades, a good rule of thumb is that bugfixes will take effect and work while new stuff (features, creatures, etc) will not be present. So in this case, you should get the various bugfixes (except the fish river one which is specifically mentioned to require a regen) and you won't get the new critters.

In all cases, save a backup copy so that in the worst case scenario you can just go download the previous version of DF to finish off the other fort first.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: March 24, 2011, 08:38:14 pm »

I heard that upward stairs carved out of dirt may disappear, due to some change in the way underground grass grows.
I have not verified this, so it could be incorrect.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: March 24, 2011, 09:06:43 pm »

so, what counts as a deep metal in the region thing? or do ALL metals technically count as deep metal? i havnt really been able to find a good zone with shallow metal and flux stones, but i found one with flux and deep metal

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: March 24, 2011, 09:10:11 pm »

so, what counts as a deep metal in the region thing? or do ALL metals technically count as deep metal? i havnt really been able to find a good zone with shallow metal and flux stones, but i found one with flux and deep metal

Shallow and deep refer to their position relative to the caverns, I believe. So you can find iron on the surface, or in the depths, or whatever.

Concrete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: March 24, 2011, 09:28:09 pm »

What is more dangerous, Sinister surroundings or Haunted?

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: March 24, 2011, 10:00:02 pm »

Pretty much the same. I can't think of anything that happens in the one that doesn't in the other. In theory Sinister has lower savagery so it is easier but again, I can't think of anything that changes. 
Memento Mori

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: March 25, 2011, 04:12:06 am »

Some of my military is chilling in the weapon stockpile. It's definitely not a barrack and I did not station them there. One of them has "pickup equipment" and the other has "go to X training". They haven't moved for a while now, though it may not mean much at 15 fps. It may be the trauma from the last siege. Blood everywhere.

Do you have your uniform set to "o"ver clothing instead of "r"eplace clothing? This happens when a dwarf is trying to put on more items than a body part can wear - he might have two socks on one foot, and he's trying to put on a boot over that (which won't fit).

To prevent this, turn on "r"eplace clothing - they'll dump their civilian clothing completely and use only what you specify in the uniform. Though this leaves unsightly piles of clothing everywhere, it's preferable to having them go into battle wearing only one boot.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: March 25, 2011, 04:31:57 am »

Did something happen to high boots? I distinctly remember there being a "high boot" option for armor, but I can't find it anywhere in my forge's task list, not does it exist in the manager menu. Was it removed, or is it "foreign" to my fort now?
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: March 25, 2011, 05:03:09 am »

Did something happen to high boots? I distinctly remember there being a "high boot" option for armor, but I can't find it anywhere in my forge's task list, not does it exist in the manager menu. Was it removed, or is it "foreign" to my fort now?

Available armor/clothing is randomly rolled when a civ is created - your particular civ happens to not possess the secret of making high boots. So yes, it is foreign to your fort now.

Greaves+low boots should still give full leg coverage anyway - high boots only make a difference if you're missing greaves/leggings.
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 1178