Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fey mood  (Read 792 times)

Arkan15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fey mood
« on: July 16, 2007, 11:12:00 am »

EDIT: Uh, I totally posted this in the wrong forum. Oops?

I have a dwarf in a fey mood. I'm familiar with this by now- counting possessions, it's my fifth.

Thing is, he's currently demanding-
-wood
-wood
-Rough gems

And I have all three of these things in my fortress in large quantities, and he's still sitting in his workshop demanding them.

Am I missing something? Is there some obscure "process wood into (x)" thing, or do I just need to keep chopping down trees until he gets the one he wants?

[ July 16, 2007: Message edited by: Arkan15 ]

IP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!
YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fey mood
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 11:20:00 am »

Good chance he wants raw green/clear/crystal glass. Or a gem you haven't found yet. More likely the former though.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 11:21:00 am »

He probably want raw glass of some sort.

You can make green glass with sand and charcoal. You can make clear glass with sand, charcoal, and pearlash. You can make crystal glass with rock crystal, charcoal, and pearlash. You can make pearlash with potash and charcoal. You can make potash with ash.

You'll need a wood furnace, an ashery, a kiln, and a glass forge.

And, for a suggestion - let's make mood demands a little easier to decipher.

-Albert

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 08:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Albert the Absentminded:
<STRONG>And, for a suggestion - let's make mood demands a little easier to decipher.
</STRONG>

Yeah - At the moment, it's a hit-and-miss process.  It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so picky, especially about rough gems (Or glass) and dyes (They may want a specific color; I just lost a legendary engraver to this).  I think it should be more 'hint' based, in addition to looking at the workshop for what you know - If a dwarf goes into a mood, maybe you can 'ask' other dwarves in their details menu.  Whenever a dwarf goes fey, dwarves around the fortress can give some specifics (Which specific is determined randomly) about what the dwarf wants.

Examples:

Mormus heard Gally speaking of/admiring green glass, recently.

Grumpy recognizes the picture of the tree Giligan is drawing as a Willow Tree.

And so forth.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 05:52:00 am »

Hi!

As far as I know, they tend to demand the things they like when you look at their psychological profile. Just the same as with some of the noble mandates.

Personally, I think the vagueness of the moods makes them quite interesting and nice.

As a different suggestion, having the option to order the arrest of a moody dwarf would be nice (provided you have a certain level of justice in your fortress) - this way you can stop them from hurting others if you know you can't fulfill their demands.

Deathworks