Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you prefer the new stone layer symbols?

Yay!
- 37 (75.5%)
Nay!
- 12 (24.5%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Phoebus' Graphic Set v1.7.3.1 for DF v0.31.03 (Old version)  (Read 198875 times)

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey im having a problem with the trade depot.

I can't see the value of my stuff... like the total value, and the total value for the traders stuff?

I don't have the transparent download? Do i need that, if so how exactly do i integrate it into my current downloaded Phoebus DF?

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile

Yeah, he just fixed that problem, download this link (which is on the first post):
"v1.7.3.1 of the tileset with fixed numbers:"
http://solidfiles.com/d/t4mi

Just move that .bmp file to your data\art folder and replace the old version.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know I could probably extrapolate from other stone-layer graphic sets and the wiki,
but could you outline what exactly each of the stone tiles represent?
Thanks, this has been bothering me for a while.

Since I am using Phoebus' RAWs for my (personal) tileset as well, I think I share my stone layer graphics for anyone to use if you want - if that's ok.
I tried to made them tile well.
Spoiler: Vince's Tileset (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: If anyone spots a tile that you made and don't want me to use/share it, please tell me - I remove it at once! :)
Description:

Water/Sand graphics (top row & first, bottom row): I used them because the flow direction is a lot easier to see.

2nd row:
igneous extrusive
igneous intrusive
sedimentary
metamorphic
ore, low value
ore, medium value
ore, high value
iron ore
sand
soil

3rd row:
coal (from Minecraft, guilty as charged)
flux stone
stone that can be made to plaster powder (I tried to make it look powdery and dry)
special stones:
Spoiler: GAME SPOILER (click to show/hide)
special stone 2:
Spoiler: GAME SPOILER (click to show/hide)
purely decorative stone (I used it as background for ore, gems and so on)

4th row:
gems, low value
gems, medium value
gems, high value
gems, extreme value

5th - 8th row:
just added these for the sake of completeness
note the curved embark map river tiles

ThaMuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm currently trying to moddify this graphics pack to work with the Civilization Forge mod.  I managed to deal with the easy stuff (fixing up the raws for the various inorganics to fit with the pack)
The problem springs from the new races and animals added by the mod.  I'm just looking for a little help in editing the raws so that the various new species use either the appropriate icon from the graphics pack or just use the letter.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm currently trying to moddify this graphics pack to work with the Civilization Forge mod.  I managed to deal with the easy stuff (fixing up the raws for the various inorganics to fit with the pack)
The problem springs from the new races and animals added by the mod.  I'm just looking for a little help in editing the raws so that the various new species use either the appropriate icon from the graphics pack or just use the letter.
That's easy to do, but it takes a lot of time.

In the /raw/graphics/ directory you will find several txt files.

In them you will find lines such as:
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:CAT]
   [CHILD:ANIMAL:3:4:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [DEFAULT:ANIMAL:3:3:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [ZOMBIE:ANIMAL:3:5:AS_IS:ZOMBIE]
   [SKELETON:ANIMAL:3:6:AS_IS:SKELETON]

The 'CAT' keyword is the creature type you want to associate the graphic tiles with. That's a keyword, not a name. You can find those creature keywords in the creature files. They usually are pretty simple, like 'CAT' for cats.

In [CHILD:ANIMAL:3:4:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

The first symbol identifies which state of the creature to use the tile for. CHILD, DEFAULT (normal adult), ZOMBIE & SKELETON

The second symbol is a keyword for which graphic file to find the tile in. The 'ANIMAL' keywords is a match for '[TILE_PAGE:ANIMAL]' at the top of the file.

3:4 is the position of the tile in the graphic file. The first number is the column, the second in the row.

AS_IS means that the tile will not be colored to the creatures default text color.

The last DEFAULT, ZOMBIE & SKELETON is pretty obvious. Match zombies with zombies and skeletons with skeletons, otherwise use default.

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile

Just ignore

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile

So.... does this work with the new version? I am at work and cannot test it.
ArkDelgato: Why is my house filled with vomit.
nahkh: Why ISN'T your house filled with vomit?!

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sure he'll get a new .png version up since he's been pining for it.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Turambar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The new version won't be working with any tilesets until the opengl stuff gets fixed.  a basic estimate on fix delivery seems to be wednesday.

the Legacy download works fine though.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:31:02 am by Turambar »

Leperous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, seems to cause segfaults when generating new worlds :/

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57492.msg1260313#msg1260313
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:52:39 pm by Leperous »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The new version won't be working with any tilesets until the opengl stuff gets fixed.  a basic estimate on fix delivery seems to be wednesday.

the Legacy download works fine though.
Unit graphics are not working, but PNG tilesets are working.
I'm currently tweaking my tileset and raws so they work with the new version. They should be available Soon(tm)

Spoiler: Screenshot! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:25:06 pm by Phoebus »

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does using a .png help?

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

How does using a .png help?
PNG allows for transparency

Leperous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can get this working on Linux with the new version, but unfortunately the rocks look terrible - can't tell the difference between a wall and a floor most of the time :(

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If some of your rock/soil tiles look like the floor tiles, that's because your savegame is not using the Graphic Set's raws.
I don't know how the Linux version of DF works, but if it's anything like Windows' version, you should be able to fix your problem by copying the RAW folder from the main DF directory over the RAW folders in each of your savegames' directories.

I made a batch file "df_savegame_updater.bat" to do that automagically under Windows, but I don't think that kind of batch file will work under Linux.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20